Congress to investigate foreign meddling in elections....by us.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:21:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Congress to investigate foreign meddling in elections....by us.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congress to investigate foreign meddling in elections....by us.  (Read 330 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 16, 2016, 01:36:03 PM »

Link (Free Beacon).

Earlier article on subject.

I don't think anything illegal happened, and while if illegal activity did occur, I can't say my dislike of the administration outweighs my absolute disgust with Netanyahu.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 02:24:20 PM »

While I do think we should be active abroad, this is really pushing it. However, it looks like we just gave money to an organization that ran ads and wasn't explicitly political at the time. It just looks bad and may be illegal. (?) I guess I'll have to find out more.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 03:35:23 PM »

This is nothing new. Clinton actually sent his former campaign chief to help Barak unseat Netanyahu. That succeeded in toppling Netanyahu's government.

In case you're wondering why Bibi seems to get testy around Dem Presidents...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 04:14:01 PM »

While I do think we should be active abroad, this is really pushing it. However, it looks like we just gave money to an organization that ran ads and wasn't explicitly political at the time. It just looks bad and may be illegal. (?) I guess I'll have to find out more.
Yeah, I really wish the GOP would use our Congressional majority on Clinton more pressing scandals.

This is nothing new. Clinton actually sent his former campaign chief to help Barak unseat Netanyahu. That succeeded in toppling Netanyahu's government.

She was out of office and was preparing for a presidential bid. I hate Hillary as much as the next guy, but there isn't anything illegal/unethical about preparing for the long run.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 04:53:53 PM »

Yeah, I really wish the GOP would use our Congressional majority on Clinton more pressing scandals.

She was out of office and was preparing for a presidential bid. I hate Hillary as much as the next guy, but there isn't anything illegal/unethical about preparing for the long run.

Bill, not Hillary. This was the '90s.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 06:05:22 PM »

this is wa out of bounds. bill privately using campaign advisers to help Bebe's opponents is one, thing, but taxpayer dollars?

the article, albeit from a dodgy source like the Times, makes it pretty clear this was skirting the edge of the law to influence the Israeli election.

as much as I too dislike Bebe and Likud, this is, like five, right out.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies