BREAKING: JOHNSON AND STEIN NOT INVTIED TO DEBATES
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:19:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  BREAKING: JOHNSON AND STEIN NOT INVTIED TO DEBATES
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: BREAKING: JOHNSON AND STEIN NOT INVTIED TO DEBATES  (Read 2834 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2016, 06:23:53 PM »

I don't care about Gary, but this is a travesty to democracy.  A candidate with support from millions of people won't be at the debates because of a weird cabal of unelected journalists and bureaucrats that think they can decide who a valid candidate is for the American people.  Let the people decide, not the media.
in general I agree, but I have a very hard time getting upset at the news that the evil orange fascist will be spending more time skewered by the harsh spotlight of reality.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2016, 06:44:06 PM »

If we can institute ranked choice voting and proportional representation at the state level in enough places, then we can start building up viable 3rd parties. But our current system is almost like it was designed specifically to only allow 2 parties.

I'm sure Schumer and/or Cuomo can't wait to enact those reforms.

I understand your fear.  Trump scares me too, tbh.  If I lived in FL, I would probably vote for Clinton.  Hell, I might still vote for Clinton.  I don't know.  I know I'm not voting for Stein because I don't want people to associate the green party with idiots like her.  I'm not going to pretend like Democrats will do anything to fix electoral issues though.  Sometimes you just have to pick what you want to fight for.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2016, 07:29:41 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2016, 07:31:18 PM by Virginia »

I'm sure Schumer and/or Cuomo can't wait to enact those reforms.

I understand your fear.  Trump scares me too, tbh.  If I lived in FL, I would probably vote for Clinton.  Hell, I might still vote for Clinton.  I don't know.  I know I'm not voting for Stein because I don't want people to associate the green party with idiots like her.  I'm not going to pretend like Democrats will do anything to fix electoral issues though.  Sometimes you just have to pick what you want to fight for.

It just depends on whether or not it benefits Democrats. Don't get me wrong, I stand by my belief that more people in the Democratic party care about expanding voter access than those in the GOP, as I hardly ever see Republicans talk about anything but why we need voter ID and why voting needs to be difficult, but Democratic politicians are just like any other, and many won't do something they think will screw with the status quo (if the status quo means they are in power). I don't think they'd try to suppress voting en masse like the GOP, but things like ranked choice voting will probably have to come from ballot initiatives first.

I'd actually be more supportive of Greens if they ran a nice, competent & experienced person. Johnson/Weld were former 2 term Governors, for instance. I just wish Greens could get some talent like that. That's why I keep saying they need to build their party from the ground up, and not the top -> down, like they are now.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2016, 07:46:38 PM »

I don't care about Gary, but this is a travesty to democracy.  A candidate with support from millions of people won't be at the debates because of a weird cabal of unelected journalists and bureaucrats that think they can decide who a valid candidate is for the American people.  Let the people decide, not the media.

This.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2016, 08:48:37 PM »

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2016, 08:49:20 PM »

HOLY SH*T, DID NOT EXPECT THAT, TOTALLY WORTH USING CAPS LOCK.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2016, 09:02:36 PM »

Breaking: I'm skipping another debate.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2016, 12:32:52 PM »

Dumbest sadly is still in.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2016, 04:43:43 PM »

Hold on. I might have some tears to shed... Nah can't find them.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies