Obama cripples AIPAC (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:38:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama cripples AIPAC (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama cripples AIPAC  (Read 3854 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 17, 2016, 06:08:02 PM »

Not a surprise. He was always plotting his revenge ever since his attempt to break Israel months into taking office was foiled by his own party. Agreeing to this was likely Israel's desperate last attempt to prevent a far worse revenge at the UN, but I doubt it'll work. Israel is no doubt planning last-ditch diplomatic outreach to the UK and Russia if needed for those final weeks of Obama's tenure, but if they don't work, prepare for an extremely tense January for the entire ME.

This will likely be torn up on January 21st with the agreement of both sides, however.

"break Israel"? Roll Eyes
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 08:48:47 PM »

It's taken decades, but it's good to see we finally have a leader who is willing to openly consider whether our ridiculously one-sided deal with Israel in which we ignore them spying on us and turn a blind eye to their bad behavior while supplying them with billions of dollars carte blanche is actually in our national interests. The United States gets absolutely nothing from its "alliance" with Israel and it's about time the government finally woke up to its strategic folly in committing to this relationship.

I agree that the current situation in US-Israel relations in untenable, but the goal of US policy in this regard certainly shouldn't be to further US interests there. The goal should be to guarantee Israel's security as well as Palestinians' right to having their own State.

Bravo!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies