Trump: Clinton's bodyguards should be disarmed; let's see what happens to her
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:19:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump: Clinton's bodyguards should be disarmed; let's see what happens to her
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Trump: Clinton's bodyguards should be disarmed; let's see what happens to her  (Read 5122 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2016, 04:33:14 PM »

In 2016, to say a controversial politician should not get protection anymore basically means to say one is okay with said politician being killed. People who make such statements about Geert Wilders disgust me, and people who make such statements about Hillary Clinton disgust me too. I understand the argument "politician X is against guns yet their bodyguards are armed and that's hypocritical", but Trump's formulation was purposely different. Such ambiguity can have dangerous consequences in turbulent political times like these.

Exactly. There is no place for Presidential candidates to be talking like this, especially considering the outer fringe element that follows Trump's every word.

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2016, 04:44:02 PM »

He's not encouraging anyone to kill her, true, but he's making sport of the idea that Hillary Clinton would be shot. That's not acceptable by any stretch.

Trump is shaping "new normal". Right now. Right here.
He's trying to, definitely. Hopefully the American electorate is smart enough to realize what a dangerous path this leads down...
What good can you see occur from a political system that revolves around violence and the spectre of violence? Maybe I'm a dumb liberal cuck and need enlightenment about why we want that...and what the ultimate goal would be.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2016, 04:49:28 PM »

Remember, people, around 45% Americans say they want to vote for this guy.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2016, 04:56:37 PM »

He's not encouraging anyone to kill her, true, but he's making sport of the idea that Hillary Clinton would be shot. That's not acceptable by any stretch.

He's trying to, definitely. Hopefully the American electorate is smart enough to realize what a dangerous path this leads down...
What good can you see occur from a political system that revolves around violence and the spectre of violence? Maybe I'm a dumb liberal cuck and need enlightenment about why we want that...and what the ultimate goal would be.

Do you think that there is absolutely no correlation between BLM demonstrations and violence against police officers, you know, the guys who keep us safe, risking their lives? Whatsoever? Could someone predict it?

Trump lets you get a taste of your own medicine. But he magnifies it somewhat enormously.

As he hacked the disgusting media Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2016, 05:02:23 PM »

Trump was making a somewhat flawed point against gun control. The point worked better when it was made against Rosie O'Donnell, who was employing armed bodyguards to protect her family, as opposed to Clinton who has been assigned government employees.

Still, trying to spin this as a threat on Clinton's life is hilarious.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2016, 05:02:28 PM »

Frightening! I don't think they are really listening to what he's saying. They are just latching onto what they want to hear, and that's all. The rest of the garbage Trump spews "doesn't matter."

I hope their ignorance doesn't take the rest of the country down with them when they vote in November.

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2016, 05:02:47 PM »

Do you think that there is absolutely no correlation between BLM demonstrations and violence against police officers, you know, the guys who keep us safe, risking their lives? Whatsoever? Could someone predict it?

Trump lets you get a taste of your own medicine. But he magnifies it somewhat enormously.

As he hacked the disgusting media Smiley

So...what does that mean exactly?
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2016, 05:06:33 PM »

Exactly. If Trump becomes a model for success, and future politicians take after him, then politics will become even more of a mess of empty rhetoric and bombast than it is now.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2016, 05:11:09 PM »

Exactly. If Trump becomes a model for success, and future politicians take after him, then politics will become even more of a mess of empty rhetoric and bombast than it is now.
Or just that you can have your supporters beat your opponents, threaten to have your opponents jailed or killed...and God who knows what else...
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2016, 05:14:47 PM »

What an effin liar Trump is. He continually says Hillary wants to take away your guns. That's a complete lie.

Many of the people who say/think such things will never equate "gun control" with anything less than the complete repeal of 2nd amendment rights. It's really that simple for them. It doesn't matter if she (or any other Democrat for that matter) sat there for 2 hours face-to-face and explained to them her ideas and exactly what she means. They would walk out of the room saying to each other "she is lying. she wants our guns." They would think the same no matter who it was.

The leftist do want a full repeal of the 2nd amendment.   What Trump said was right, If she wants to disarm the citizens why should she have the luxury of armed guards with those scary assault rifles?    Oh of course she wants a "assault weapons ban", but its clearly obvious the plan here. See the Communist republic of California and its assault weapons bans.  Its damn near impossible for law-abide folk to carry firearms.

Why should we trust a crooked liar anyway with the subject of guns?       

As usual, your post has no basis whatsoever in reality. It is easy as $hit to get most types of firearms anywhere in Cali.

Your frothing paranoia does note what the vast majority of gun owners, even non-dolts unlike present company. 1) contrary to any evidence, gun owners believe Clinton, and indeed most Democrats, deeply want total gun confiscation. 2) even the most common sense, tepid legal restrictions on gun control, even those supported by overwhelming numbers of gunowners, are flatly considered the first step towards total gun confiscation.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2016, 05:19:30 PM »

What an effin liar Trump is. He continually says Hillary wants to take away your guns. That's a complete lie.

Many of the people who say/think such things will never equate "gun control" with anything less than the complete repeal of 2nd amendment rights. It's really that simple for them. It doesn't matter if she (or any other Democrat for that matter) sat there for 2 hours face-to-face and explained to them her ideas and exactly what she means. They would walk out of the room saying to each other "she is lying. she wants our guns." They would think the same no matter who it was.

The leftist do want a full repeal of the 2nd amendment.   What Trump said was right, If she wants to disarm the citizens why should she have the luxury of armed guards with those scary assault rifles?    Oh of course she wants a "assault weapons ban", but its clearly obvious the plan here. See the Communist republic of California and its assault weapons bans.  Its damn near impossible for law-abide folk to carry firearms.

Why should we trust a crooked liar anyway with the subject of guns?       

As usual, your post has no basis whatsoever in reality. It is easy as $hit to get most types of firearms anywhere in Cali.

Your frothing paranoia does note what the vast majority of gun owners, even non-dolts unlike present company. 1) contrary to any evidence, gun owners believe Clinton, and indeed most Democrats, deeply want total gun confiscation. 2) even the most common sense, tepid legal restrictions on gun control, even those supported by overwhelming numbers of gunowners, are flatly considered the first step towards total gun confiscation.

I am homestly afraid to take any stance against the 2A....especially with Trump and what he encourages his followers to do...we might need the 2A to keep ourselves safe.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2016, 05:23:26 PM »

This story is desperate, overblown BS. Only someone dropped on their head as a child could honestly interpret this as a death threat.

^^

Yup. It's incredibly obvious what he meant by the statement: If she's so anti-gun then why is it okay for her to have armed guards while the average person in the street isn't allowed to bring a weapon to defend themselves. The argument isn't terribly convincing, but this statement isn't what its detractors make it out to be.

when has Clinton ever said that?

also, how deepin the sand do you have to sitck you head in context of LITTERALLY everything Trump says to miosconstrue this as a second amendment article.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2016, 05:26:43 PM »

Frightening! I don't think they are really listening to what he's saying. They are just latching onto what they want to hear, and that's all. The rest of the garbage Trump spews "doesn't matter."

This!

When I registered on this forum, I wanted to have this picture as my avatar:

Trump is indeed pretty elusive. Like a Rorschach test, everyone sees what she or he wants to see.

I, for example, think that he is pro-choice, will introduce a background checks and so on, even if he is saying the opposite. I just can't help to believe that he's doing this to win the election, but has NY values and common sense Roll Eyes

And yeah, compard to Clinton... What the hell do we have to lose Cheesy
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2016, 05:30:38 PM »

This!

When I registered on this forum, I wanted to have this picture as my avatar:

Trump is indeed pretty elusive. Like a Rorschach test, everyone sees what she or he wants to see.

I, for example, think that he is pro-choice, will introduce a background checks and so on, even if he is saying the opposite. I just can't help to believe that he's doing this to win the election, but has NY values and common sense Roll Eyes

And yeah, compard to Clinton... What the hell do we have to lose Cheesy

I am sure your stances on this issues are interesting?
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2016, 05:33:38 PM »

I am sure your stances on this issues are interesting?
100%
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2016, 05:40:42 PM »

I see.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2016, 06:02:26 PM »

You are a white Swede living in Stockholm. You don't have anything to lose, but many Americans (and people all over the world, to be frank) do.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2016, 06:16:58 PM »

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2016, 06:21:29 PM »

Uncanny Valley Dads aren't usually prime targets for assassination. You do realize that's the primary reason presidents and presidential candidates have armed Secret Service protection in the first place, right? Calling for them to be unarmed is a stupid strawman argument that only satisfies the mental faculties of cretins.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2016, 06:23:05 PM »

All spawned from a completely ridiculous strawman from Trump, where he assumed Clinton wants to take away everyone's guns (she doesn't), and that if average citizens can't carry a weapon (she never proposed they not be allowed), then she shouldn't be protected. I mean really, probable future POTUS shouldn't have armed police protection? That doesn't even make sense.

Given his past statements on this stuff, it's not hard to see how people got the impression they did.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2016, 06:25:45 PM »

Uncanny Valley Dads aren't usually prime targets for assassination. You do realize that's the primary reason presidents and presidential candidates have armed Secret Service protection in the first place, right? Calling for them to be unarmed is a stupid strawman argument that only satisfies the mental faculties of cretins.

You do realise that Trump is sort of master on "hyperbolic rhetoric" ?

BTW, none (besided may be David Duke Cheesy) thinks that the majority of illegal Mexicans are rapist and just some a good people.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2016, 06:28:08 PM »

The Point --------------------->
                   Your head
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2016, 06:29:39 PM »

You are a white Swede living in Stockholm. You don't have anything to lose, but many Americans (and people all over the world, to be frank) do.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2016, 06:29:52 PM »

Nah, this cartoon is just retarded.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2016, 06:30:49 PM »

Expected a HOT TAKE by noted Nazi Ben Garrison, btw. Wanna bet when it will be posted and considered Right On The Money by our resident deplorables?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies