Trump: Clinton's bodyguards should be disarmed; let's see what happens to her (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:01:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump: Clinton's bodyguards should be disarmed; let's see what happens to her (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump: Clinton's bodyguards should be disarmed; let's see what happens to her  (Read 5229 times)
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« on: September 16, 2016, 06:22:51 PM »

I think, he refers to her "anti-gun" policies. But it is fun anyway Grin

But, seriously, Trump's campaign should not let him now, that he's doing good in polls Undecided
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 06:53:46 PM »

Unsurprising, considering most Republicans seem incapable of understanding that: (a) Clinton never proposed disarming or seizing arms from all American citizens, and (b) that there is an irrefutable difference between a political candidate aspiring to the Presidency and a regular citizen in terms of their likelihood of being a target of violence. Personally, while I find everything that Trump says and thinks deplorable, he is but merely the id of our authoritarian, bigoted Republican electorate with a demonstrable lack of self-regulation.
Lol, do you understand how Dirty campaigning works and why it is called "Dirty" ? Roll Eyes
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 07:43:35 PM »

The ss should visit this bastard and arrest him. Trump is scum.

Arrest him for the high crime and misdemeanor of being mean to Queen Hillary?

It seems that both Trump and Clinton have a YUUUUUUGE cult of personality on the internet.

It's clear that Trump was implying that "if Clinton is so anti-gun, why does she have so many armed bodyguards?"

That's what he's implying, but she's not that anti-gun.
And he is not a racist; his supporters are not deplorables. So f**king what?
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 05:03:29 AM »

Man, he just can't control himself. Now that he's almost ahead in the polls, he does it again. Saying something dumb and his lead slips away.
Everything is relative. THAT is not even comparable to Khan/Megyn stuff. Hillary is probably the only woman who Trump cannot be too mean to Smiley
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 08:29:27 AM »

Reading through this thread, there is a couple of things that didn't make any sense to me.

Positions on gun control aside:

1) Trump is actually not advocating that the Secret Service agents protecting Clinton be disarmed. He was just calling Democrats hypocrites. Whether you think the is valid or not is your opinion, and I'm not getting into that. This is not a comment on people defending Clinton's stances and votes on gun control, especially since the comment was aimed at Clinton.

2) There is no way that all politician should be considered more important that any citizen. What you think is the best policy for protection is your belief. However, if you make a distinction between a politician and an average Joe or Jane in terms of importance, then you are being hypocritical against yourself. In theory, this should be a society of equals.

Of cource, Dems know it. But during this bad week, they have to find a reason to hate Trump for Smiley
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 02:13:27 PM »

This story is desperate, overblown BS. Only someone dropped on their head as a child could honestly interpret this as a death threat.

^^

Yup. It's incredibly obvious what he meant by the statement: If she's so anti-gun then why is it okay for her to have armed guards while the average person in the street isn't allowed to bring a weapon to defend themselves. The argument isn't terribly convincing, but this statement isn't what its detractors make it out to be.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 02:14:15 PM »

He's not encouraging anyone to kill her, true, but he's making sport of the idea that Hillary Clinton would be shot. That's not acceptable by any stretch.

Trump is shaping "new normal". Right now. Right here.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2016, 02:39:16 PM »

This is not a subject that any Presidential candidate should be talking about. Period. People have to continually "interpret" what Trump means when he says these awful things.

"Oh, he didn't really mean it like that...." "This is what he meant...."

Then WHY say it?

The only reason for Trump to utter the crap that he does is to entertain and to get people riled up. He doesn't think about the long-term consequences of his actions.

I find that very small-minded, unbalanced, and unacceptable behavior coming from a 70 year old who should know better, but doesn't.

Lol, what. You are crying like a baby.

Hypocrisy is what best energizes people. If they perceive her in that way (that she is hypocritical) he will use it. Even if I am myself against 2nd Amendment (in Europe), I understand why he uses it Smiley

And, of course, he knows, that it will trigger Red Hacks/media Roll Eyes
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 04:14:07 PM »

And yet you roam around the GE polls subforum whining mocking Red Hacks about unskewing literally every day.
Fixed for you
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 04:56:37 PM »

He's not encouraging anyone to kill her, true, but he's making sport of the idea that Hillary Clinton would be shot. That's not acceptable by any stretch.

Trump is shaping "new normal". Right now. Right here.
He's trying to, definitely. Hopefully the American electorate is smart enough to realize what a dangerous path this leads down...
What good can you see occur from a political system that revolves around violence and the spectre of violence? Maybe I'm a dumb liberal cuck and need enlightenment about why we want that...and what the ultimate goal would be.

Do you think that there is absolutely no correlation between BLM demonstrations and violence against police officers, you know, the guys who keep us safe, risking their lives? Whatsoever? Could someone predict it?

Trump lets you get a taste of your own medicine. But he magnifies it somewhat enormously.

As he hacked the disgusting media Smiley
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 05:26:43 PM »

Remember, people, around 45% Americans say they want to vote for this guy.

Frightening! I don't think they are really listening to what he's saying. They are just latching onto what they want to hear, and that's all. The rest of the garbage Trump spews "doesn't matter."

This!

When I registered on this forum, I wanted to have this picture as my avatar:

Trump is indeed pretty elusive. Like a Rorschach test, everyone sees what she or he wants to see.

I, for example, think that he is pro-choice, will introduce a background checks and so on, even if he is saying the opposite. I just can't help to believe that he's doing this to win the election, but has NY values and common sense Roll Eyes

And yeah, compard to Clinton... What the hell do we have to lose Cheesy
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2016, 05:33:38 PM »

I am sure your stances on this issues are interesting?
100%
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2016, 06:25:45 PM »

Uncanny Valley Dads aren't usually prime targets for assassination. You do realize that's the primary reason presidents and presidential candidates have armed Secret Service protection in the first place, right? Calling for them to be unarmed is a stupid strawman argument that only satisfies the mental faculties of cretins.

You do realise that Trump is sort of master on "hyperbolic rhetoric" ?

BTW, none (besided may be David Duke Cheesy) thinks that the majority of illegal Mexicans are rapist and just some a good people.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2016, 06:52:00 PM »

You are a white Swede living in Stockholm. You don't have anything to lose, but many Americans (and people all over the world, to be frank) do.
I am not white white. I partly am and certainly look like Hispanic White Cheesy
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2016, 08:09:41 AM »

It's pretty amazing the number of people here willing to explain away Trump's disgusting remarks on his behalf, as though he were simply alluding to some reasonable argument about gun control.

No country that restricts firearms has an unarmed police force.  The "argument" is a complete straw man.  Nobody is advocating that Trump has his Secret Service protection removed.  Stop pretending that his "point" has any basis in reality.

He's repeatedly encouraged his cultists to assassinate Hillary Clinton and he will continue to do so because people continue to try to legitimize it.

But just stop it.

Was it a strawman argument?                    Yes.
Was it encouragement to an assasination?  No.

Full remark:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

But almost literally none of the maistream media quoted it. Do you still think they are not heavily biased against Trump?
Why could they not just quote 3 senteces istead of 1?

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/e7468cc09b5c4e1aa97f543b598843e2/trump-unarmed-clinton-guards-lets-see-what-happens
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/09/16/trump-clintons-bodyguards-should-disarm-immediately-and-see-what-happens-to-her/
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/17/us/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton.html
http://time.com/4498067/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-bodyguards-weapons/
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/16/trump-miami-clinton-disarm-security-obama-birther
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol-trump-clinton-disarm-20160917-snap-story.html
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies