Don't vote for Johnson because ISIS is Nader's fault (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:01:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Don't vote for Johnson because ISIS is Nader's fault (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Don't vote for Johnson because ISIS is Nader's fault  (Read 2507 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: September 20, 2016, 05:36:02 PM »

Meh, putting the blame on third-party candidates or their voters is obviously wrong, but it's undeniable that if a voter genuinely cares about preventing the worst outcome, then the only worthwhile course of action is choosing the lesser evil.

Because, you know, Trump is totally going to win in California if I vote for Johnson.

He might if every person who didn't like Hillary but liked Drumpf even less chose to vote for Johnson while all the voters who didn't like Drumpf but liked Hillary even less still voted for Drumpf. Of course that's not actually gonna happen, but the mere theoretical possibility is troubling to me.

The point is, if Trump winning California is within the realm of probability, he has already won the election because of votes in other states, so it won't matter at that point anyway.

Ugh, I hate the Electoral College for making this inherently ridiculous logic actually make sense...

Yeah, if it weren't for the Electoral College, I would be far more inclined to agree with the "lesser of two evils" argument. Of course, if we combined a national popular vote with some sort of multi-round or IRV system, than voting for the lesser of two evils would be even less necessary.

A multi-round majoritarian system like France has would be cool, even if it did lead to a hilariously lopsided second round between Chirac and Le Pen in 2002.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 01:56:57 PM »

I blame George III for ISIS

No George III - No American Revolution - No America - No Bush

You mean President George III, AKA George W. Bush? It settles it: no Bush means no Bush. Shocked
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 04:01:31 PM »

I blame George III for ISIS

No George III - No American Revolution - No America - No Bush

You mean President George III, AKA George W. Bush? It settles it: no Bush means no Bush. Shocked

Wouldn't he technically have been George II? Tongue

George I = George Washington
George II = George H.W. Bush
George III = George W. Bush

Yes, I've thought about this. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies