Pence refuses to be called VP because word "vice" is deplorable [satire]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:08:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Pence refuses to be called VP because word "vice" is deplorable [satire]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Pence refuses to be called VP because word "vice" is deplorable [satire]  (Read 2526 times)
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2016, 02:30:18 PM »

Yeah, HuffPo is even more of a joke than I thought if they're not even going to label this thing satire in any way, shape, or form. No tiny disclaimer at the bottom. Nothing. I had to read 3/4 of the way through before I was sure of what it was.
Lol, really?

It says more about you, than about HuffPo Smiley

I mean, the article is fun Smiley
Mallow
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2016, 02:34:12 PM »

Of course it's satire. That's extremely clear when you get to this line:

“I would,” he answered. “But if we start criticizing deplorables, we run the risk of losing half our voters.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christopher-lamb/mike-pence-opposes-word-vice_b_12029434.html
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2016, 02:38:30 PM »

The author, Chris Lamb, describes himself as a satirist on his HuffPo bio. The same essay also has Pence talk about a Republican Bible as different from The Bible, which sounds like satire to me. I'm not aware of a Thursday press conference by Pence.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Conservative_Bible_Project
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2016, 02:46:15 PM »

Of course it's satire. That's extremely clear when you get to this line:

“I would,” he answered. “But if we start criticizing deplorables, we run the risk of losing half our voters.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christopher-lamb/mike-pence-opposes-word-vice_b_12029434.html

This article is one of the best IQ test for Red Hacks, I've ever seen. How many has passed the test? Raise your hand!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2016, 02:46:42 PM »

Pence also thinks smoking doesn't kill, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was true.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2016, 02:48:07 PM »

Pence also thinks smoking doesn't kill, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was true.
Four years later, I still do not understand why Indiana decided that Dick Lugar wasn't good enough to represent us in the Senate, but this guy is okay.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2016, 02:48:27 PM »

You fell for satire.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2016, 03:00:15 PM »

Always good to keep in mind the Null hypothesis, i.e., that there is no significant relationship between a Huffpost article and the truth.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2016, 03:10:43 PM »

I love how half of you believed this was serious. Democrats are successfully turning white people from the heartland into "others". People who don't count and aren't normal.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2016, 03:40:30 PM »

I love how half of you believed this was serious. Democrats are successfully turning white people from the heartland into "others". People who don't count and aren't normal.
I read half of the article before I saw this thread, and I thought it was so insane I put it out of my mind, hoping it was wrong or a lie.  It did not help my blood pressure.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2016, 05:17:42 PM »

Four years later, I still do not understand why Indiana decided that Dick Lugar wasn't good enough to represent us in the Senate, but this guy is okay.

Indiana Republican primary voters, not "Indiana" in general.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2016, 01:43:13 AM »

I can't speak for anybody else, but the fact that it wasn't obviously marked as satire confused me rather than convincing me, because I know people with Mike Pence-y religious views and know precisely that they tend not to actually be unhinged.

I agree that the sort of coastal liberals with whom I spend most of my time are smug and sneering and supercilious and rub off on one in really unpleasant ways, especially if one is (on paper) 'on their side'.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2016, 05:25:32 AM »

Guys, if you go read the whole thing it's clearly not real.

Presidential candidates getting into Poe's Law territory is terrifying.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2016, 06:01:30 AM »

Thankfully, Pence will never have the title of vice president! Wink
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2016, 11:15:29 AM »

I can't speak for anybody else, but the fact that it wasn't obviously marked as satire confused me rather than convincing me, because I know people with Mike Pence-y religious views and know precisely that they tend not to actually be unhinged.

I agree that the sort of coastal liberals with whom I spend most of my time are smug and sneering and supercilious and rub off on one in really unpleasant ways, especially if one is (on paper) 'on their side'.

I don't think public figures who hold abhorrent views deserve the benefit of doubt. Yes, I'm prejudiced against them, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Private citizens are a different matter and we really shouldn't be conflating the two.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2016, 12:24:09 PM »

I don't think public figures who hold abhorrent views deserve the benefit of doubt. Yes, I'm prejudiced against them, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Private citizens are a different matter and we really shouldn't be conflating the two.

Truth is such a silly, quaint notion, isn't it?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2016, 01:08:02 PM »

Truth is such a silly, quaint notion, isn't it?

?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies