Can you Democrats please stop panicking?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:21:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Can you Democrats please stop panicking?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Can you Democrats please stop panicking?  (Read 6609 times)
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2016, 11:11:58 PM »

why is it always the pink avatar telling the red to stop moaning? Really guys. I am confident that Hillary will win the election.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2016, 11:51:21 PM »

It is the prerogative and right of every democrat on the Atlas forum to "freak out" at every post where Hillary's dominance is questioned on the forum.

I cannot see the liberal members calming down over the next 4 days.

In fact, quite the opposite.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #127 on: November 04, 2016, 01:14:01 AM »

I'm panicking because Hillary needs to win by a lot.

If she wins by less than 5, we will be entering a very dark age in US politics.

I agree with afleitch and IceSpear, we're already well past that point. Even if Trump loses by 10, there's no reason to think that a primary electorate which gave ~70% of its vote to unelectable nutjobs is going to significantly change in the near-future. We really are one recession or scandal from something bad happening.

I don't think we can avoid it now. Between the GOP support for Trump and FBI actively intervening in an election in an attempt to skew the results to their preferred candidate, to the entire GOP getting away with spending 8 years acting like spoiled brats instead of statesmen, the dark age is here. The only question is whether we elect another caretaker on the slow road to hell, or opt for the express elevator.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2016, 01:22:04 AM »

Relax, guys, the 278 freiwal is safe. Of course, the more Hillary wins by, the better. But I'm very confident that she'll carry NV, CO, WI, PA, and NH (not to mention MI and VA). If she loses any of these states, I'll grow a beard.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2016, 01:43:10 AM »

I agree with afleitch and IceSpear, we're already well past that point. Even if Trump loses by 10, there's no reason to think that a primary electorate which gave ~70% of its vote to unelectable nutjobs is going to significantly change in the near-future. We really are one recession or scandal from something bad happening.

I don't think we can avoid it now. Between the GOP support for Trump and FBI actively intervening in an election in an attempt to skew the results to their preferred candidate, to the entire GOP getting away with spending 8 years acting like spoiled brats instead of statesmen, the dark age is here. The only question is whether we elect another caretaker on the slow road to hell, or opt for the express elevator.

I think Gingrich might have been on to something.  If Trump boils down Clinton's electoral victory to the 274 firewall, give or take, then there's a chance Trump will be emboldened to run again in 2020.  At that point, the electorate would be fatigued of three straight Democratic presidential terms, particularly if Clinton encounters a recession and maintains her low favorables.  If (and a big if) he successfully wins the nomination once more, then we'd possibly be staring right into the abyss.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2016, 04:08:00 AM »

It would help if Dave Wasserman wasn't posting concern-troll tweets every five minutes.

(I'm not even going to mention Silver, who seems to be rooting for a Trump win now.)
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2016, 04:16:46 AM »

I think Gingrich might have been on to something.  If Trump boils down Clinton's electoral victory to the 274 firewall, give or take, then there's a chance Trump will be emboldened to run again in 2020.  At that point, the electorate would be fatigued of three straight Democratic presidential terms, particularly if Clinton encounters a recession and maintains her low favorables.  If (and a big if) he successfully wins the nomination once more, then we'd possibly be staring right into the abyss.
I doubt it. If Clinton wins (which is still an "if"), then Trump wouldn't be able to do the Clinton fearmongering in 4 years time as she would have shown herself to be a very competent president during those years. At best they could accuse her of not accomplishing anything (due to the republican congress).
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #132 on: November 04, 2016, 05:07:49 AM »

I doubt it. If Clinton wins (which is still an "if"), then Trump wouldn't be able to do the Clinton fearmongering in 4 years time as she would have shown herself to be a very competent president during those years. At best they could accuse her of not accomplishing anything (due to the republican congress).
you'd be surprised
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #133 on: November 04, 2016, 05:19:40 AM »

Don't panic. Fight.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #134 on: November 04, 2016, 05:22:37 AM »

Given Democrats tendency to switch from panicking to blind overconfidence in matter of moments, I'd rather have Hillary win by little (providing we pick up the Senate at the same time.)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies