Can you Democrats please stop panicking? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:18:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Can you Democrats please stop panicking? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can you Democrats please stop panicking?  (Read 6616 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: September 17, 2016, 06:09:30 PM »

There is a fine line between panicking and taking the threat of a Trump victory seriously. Panicking doesn't do any good, and just makes what has already been one of the most unpleasant elections of recent history even worse. What Democrats should do is realize that, yes, Hillary has an advantage. Even as her numbers have dropped from where they were after her convention, she's still undeniably ahead in enough states for 272 EV, and either tied or only slightly behind in about 100 more EV. However, this election is not over, and we do need to do everything in our power to make sure that Trump doesn't win, and the greater Hillary's margin of victory, the better.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 10:25:00 AM »
« Edited: September 25, 2016, 11:28:41 AM by Titanium R Nevada »

If the polls are still like this after the debate, then I'll legitimately start to get nervous.

It's highly unlikely that ME-02 will make much of a difference, in the end. You can dream up 270-268 or 269-269 maps, but those maps are highly implausible, so Trump winning ME-02 would amount to little more than bragging rights and TNV jizzing his pants. Also, if Trump does win, and does better than Poliquin there, we'll know that either ME-02 has pulled a WV on us, and we'll have a neat strategy guide on how to win ME-02.

Step 1: Register as a Republican, regardless of your actual ideology.

Step 2: Be a complete and total ass to everyone, make some blantantly racist remarks, and show a total lack of self-control.

Step 3: Never apologize to anyone, and continue to insult them if they call you out on anything, no matter how trivial.

Step 4: Victory.

Worked for LeP***, looks like it might work for Trump, so it can work for you!
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 01:22:04 AM »

Relax, guys, the 278 freiwal is safe. Of course, the more Hillary wins by, the better. But I'm very confident that she'll carry NV, CO, WI, PA, and NH (not to mention MI and VA). If she loses any of these states, I'll grow a beard.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies