Can you Democrats please stop panicking? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:08:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Can you Democrats please stop panicking? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can you Democrats please stop panicking?  (Read 6619 times)
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« on: September 17, 2016, 06:32:51 PM »
« edited: September 17, 2016, 06:48:53 PM by John Ewards »

Also, I'm pretty sure that if Trump wins, he won't even win PA. This "PA IS TRUMP'S ONLY HOPE!!11" thing is a bit exaggerated IMO.
Because he's going to win CO or WI before PA? Color me highly skeptical.
He was obviously talking about NH. Let's be honest here Wink
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 10:02:56 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What else would you call 'Constitution party' colors?
tan?
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 02:00:34 PM »

Republicans, you have much to panic about.

Donald is untrustworthy.  Some would say he is a crook, but I shall be polite.

Donald has enriched himself by taking millions in ill gotten gains from his friends on Wall Street.

Donald does not have the stability to do the job.  Some would say he is incoherent and tantrum prone, but I shall be polite.

Donald is consumed by ambition and would step on anybody and would stop at nothing to achieve it.

Donald has a voter outreach problem.  The Republican establishment is not moving to him like they were to Romney.

The Republicans have occupied the House for six years.  Voters generally prefer a change to the other party after three terms of mindless obstructionism.

The trend, for the time being, is moving toward Clinton. If the trend continues, and the public is aware that it is happening, they will tend to go with the perceived winner rather than the perceived loser.  Psychology plays an important role in modern politics.

The Donald campaign is not going as planned.  In spite of spending so much time attempting to gaffe-proof Trump, he continues to say incredibly stupid and harmful things.

In the final analysis, the people's desire for a competent leader may just become so insurmountable that huge media attention and bombastic rhetoric may simply just not be enough.  

fixed
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 08:20:59 AM »

Why shouldn't we be panicking? Hillary has gone from a 2008 landslide to winning with barely 270 electoral votes in a freaking month and a half.

Yes, and there is another freaking month and a half left to go. This could all change again. (Remember things can go up as well as down - a Clinton landslide is still not impossible...)

It can and things surely will change, but what has worried me for a while now is how Trump can be this awful and ridiculous and still be cutting it close like this. I don't necessarily think all, or even most Trump supporters are nasty, deceitful and generally terrible like him, but the fact that they are willing to overlook such behavior really hurts my opinion of them.

That said, I still don't think Trump is going to win. I'm more worried that Clinton will have blown a rare opportunity to destroy Republicans in a single election cycle.

Yeah, I'm with you there. I think things may just be too damn polarized/gerrymandered for it to have been a single-cycle blow, though.
Yeah... flipping the House was never going to happen this cycle. OTOH, Clinton might be threatening the Senate, which is sad because we had a really good map this year (before Strickland collapsed and Rubio jumped back in)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies