Candidates and Religion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:58:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Candidates and Religion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Candidates and Religion  (Read 21703 times)
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« on: December 25, 2003, 03:57:43 PM »
« edited: December 25, 2003, 04:10:12 PM by Michael Zeigermann »

In my opinion a candidate's religion isn't much of an issue, unless they're a crazy zealot like Pat Robertson.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2003, 05:21:15 PM »
« Edited: December 25, 2003, 05:42:10 PM by Michael Zeigermann »

In my opinion a candidate's religion isn't much of an issue, unless they're a crazy zealot like Pat Robertson.
If a zealot in your opinion is someone who holds steadfast in their Faith. Then I am proud to be one. True Faith does not change. GOD NEVER CHANGES, so a person who is diligent in their Faith and walks uprightly is a nut? You need to re-evaluate your thinking.

This is possibly the wrong time of year to have this sort of debate, but I must defend myself there. You've either misinterpreted what I said, or twisted my words around before adding some hasty personal judgement (I'm sorry but I find it quite laughable that you think you can paraphrase my value- and belief system from one sentence I've written). Either way, what you've outlined is not my definition of a "zealot". My definition applies to someone who makes statements such as:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Or

Or...

How precisely is this guy not a nutcase?
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2003, 09:05:00 PM »
« Edited: December 26, 2003, 09:13:00 PM by Michael Zeigermann »

Christopher Michael: <<My definition applies to someone who makes statements such as:...every society embracing homosexuality has been destroyed...The feminist agenda is not about equal rights for women....How can there be peace when drunkards, drug dealers, etc...>>

I don't understand the connection with drunkards and peace, but today's feminist agenda is certainly immoral.

Concerning the part about every country embracing homosexuality going down in flames...there are also a lot of countries that have gone done in flames without the homosexuality factor.

It was actually me who said that, not Christopher. Smiley

I wasn't so much addressing Robertson's personal stance on issues like homosexuality or feminism, but rather the paranoid and apocalyptic tone in which he addressed them. I'd feel very, well, shall we say uneasy about a man like that running the most powerful nation on Earth. In that context, it's quite important that a candidate's religious views are known to the electorate.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2003, 03:16:48 AM »

Candidates can have views like that and not be of a Religious nature.

That's a good point actually.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies