Windows 10 update...now problem with Atlas format
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:15:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Windows 10 update...now problem with Atlas format
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Windows 10 update...now problem with Atlas format  (Read 231 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 18, 2016, 04:28:03 PM »

I didn't know where else to post this. My computer was forced into an update today, and after the entire thing downloaded and updated -- which took an hour and a half -- now the Atlas format sucks big time.

It's very small, to the left, and takes up less than half the size of the page. The little icons for post new thread, bold, underline etc. are all tiny, and the titles of the threads are in a small box which is hard to read, plus the writing screen is much smaller now.

Makes me not want to post here since I'm real picky about this kind of thing.

Does anyone else have these issues? Is there any fix for them?

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 04:38:04 PM »

It's very small, to the left, and takes up less than half the size of the page.

You mean the forum appeared wider than half the screen to begin with? The forum content has always been crammed into the left half of the page for me (if it was back then for you too but somehow much worse now, maybe a screenshot would help here)

What browser are you using? Microsoft Edge (the IE replacement)? If so, what about using Chrome?

Also, how about using Zoom? If you have a Mouse with a wheel, then hold down the Ctrl key and scroll the wheel forward (up)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 04:44:49 PM »

Yesterday, the same thing happened to my computer. After a few hours of searching the Internet, I found that this is how to fix it on Chrome.

1. Type in "chrome://flags" in your URL bar and hit Enter.

2. Hold down "Ctrl+F" and search "Material Design in the browser's top Chrome".

3. Change from "Default" to "Non-Material".

4. Save.

Not sure if that works for everyone, but it fixed mine.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 05:40:59 PM »

You mean the forum appeared wider than half the screen to begin with? The forum content has always been crammed into the left half of the page for me (if it was back then for you too but somehow much worse now, maybe a screenshot would help here)

What browser are you using? Microsoft Edge (the IE replacement)? If so, what about using Chrome?

Also, how about using Zoom? If you have a Mouse with a wheel, then hold down the Ctrl key and scroll the wheel forward (up)

I use Firefox. The width of the Atlas page used to take up about 2/3 of my computer screen, and there was a wider pane for writing comments than there is now, and all the format tabs were normal size so I could see them.

The zoom feature doesn't help with the size of the window pane, just with the font size.

I've never taken a screen shot so I've been tweaking around with that. I have the screen shot but don't know how to post it.

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 05:43:12 PM »

Yesterday, the same thing happened to my computer. After a few hours of searching the Internet, I found that this is how to fix it on Chrome.

1. Type in "chrome://flags" in your URL bar and hit Enter.

2. Hold down "Ctrl+F" and search "Material Design in the browser's top Chrome".

3. Change from "Default" to "Non-Material".

4. Save.

Not sure if that works for everyone, but it fixed mine.

I don't use Chrome and don't even have it on my computer.

This same kind of problem happened on another forum I used to post on and somebody figured out a fix for it, but since this just happened to me today, I haven't seen any fixes on the Internet yet.

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 05:43:48 PM »

I use Google Chrome and really never had a problem with Atlas using Windows 10, then again, I also set my screen resolution to 800 x 600 instead of 1366 x 768
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 06:17:26 PM »

I just installed Chrome to check it out and the Atlas website is exactly how it used to be with Firefox until the Windows update today. And that's how I like it, with a wider screen and easier to see all the tabs.

Maybe I'll just pull up Chrome when I want to post here and forget trying to tweak Firefox. Maybe there will be an update soon for that issue.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 02:21:15 PM »

I use Firefox. The width of the Atlas page used to take up about 2/3 of my computer screen, and there was a wider pane for writing comments than there is now, and all the format tabs were normal size so I could see them.

The zoom feature doesn't help with the size of the window pane, just with the font size.

I've never taken a screen shot so I've been tweaking around with that. I have the screen shot but don't know how to post it.

Do you have "Zoom text only" checked under "Zoom" in the "View" menu?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 04:35:10 PM »

Do you have "Zoom text only" checked under "Zoom" in the "View" menu?

You know, I did have zoom text only checked. So I unchecked it and my screen went back to normal.

Thanks for the tip. Smiley

Thank you everyone for the help.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies