I'm a Democrat and I don't want Hillary to win anymore.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:02:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  I'm a Democrat and I don't want Hillary to win anymore.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: I'm a Democrat and I don't want Hillary to win anymore.  (Read 2186 times)
Rainbowland
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 19, 2016, 10:06:57 AM »

As much I admire her and respect her, and agree with her on everything, I don't want Hillary to win this, and for the first time, I think she's going to lose.

She does not have the support of millennials, young women are apathetic, young blacks don't really love her, women in general distrust and dislike her, nobody's really super-excited about her, she's been in politics for way too long, there's too much crap associated with her and her husband, she's done. 

I used to think she was going to win, but knew it would always been a really close election.  Now I think Trump is going to win.  Maybe barely, but I think he's going to be the next President.

This isn't exactly a bad thing for progressives.  A President Trump and a Republican Congress will now be completely in charge, and with every victory comes a backlash.  The Republicans are due for a backlash and that will undoubtedly happen under President Trump.  Maybe we can take back the House in 2018, but the most important benefit to Democrats will be in the state and local races, which will badly need to win, because our benches are god awful. 

How is that most young politicians in state legislatures in America are conservatives?  We need to elect hundreds of progressive and left-leaning millennials to those seats.

Nancy Pelosi needs to retire.  Democrats need a fresh face for 2018.  I see a very large number of Republican seats that are going to be very vulnerable under a Trump administration.

Anyway - for any Democrats out there, do you really want to go through four hellish years where Hillary becomes the most unpopular President in history?  Her disapproval ratings are already sky high and she's just not trusted.  You know she's not going to get anything done.  The Republicans are very very likely to keep the Senate.

Wouldn't it more fun to watch Trump self-destruct and the Republicans being blamed for every single problem in the country? 

Another thing: a recession is likely in the next four years.  A Hillary recession would doom Democrats, rip the next round of gerrymandering away from us, and put us deep in the minority for another 10 long years.  It's just not worth it.

Let the Republicans fill the Scalia seat with a conservative.  The Supreme Court being conservative will only help our cause.  It will give the Republicans complete control over the entire federal government.

Under a President Trump, it can be payback time.  Democrats can organize themselves (something they are not good at doing) and hold rallies outside congressional offices, confront Republican congressmen, and press all of Trump's buttons - the mainstream media will cover it all and finally it will start turning on Trump.  He will be an incredibly controversial leader, reviled on the world stage, and face a hostile electorate in America.  Hillary will retire and ironically her approval ratings will improve.  The Clintons can bow out gracefully.  The era of dynasties ends.

Trump will be tied to every Republican from January 20, 2017 onwards.  He is the leader of their party now.  His views have now become mainstream Republican views.

Trump is extremely toxic with young voters.  They aren't that crazy about Hillary but he is not who they want to look up to President.  Let the young people move towards the Democrats under Trump.  They are the future, and I'd rather win the future than win the present.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 10:09:38 AM »
« Edited: September 19, 2016, 10:15:11 AM by pppolitics »

Trump put his alter-ego on the Supreme Court.

That must be what you want.

The damage would long outlasted him.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 10:09:52 AM »

I agree with some, the left-leaning millennials need to grow up a bit before taking higher office. We don't need hard core SJWs running things. They're naive on national security, etc. I think that this race is 50-50 now. Hillary Clinton can still win, but it may be close.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 10:11:20 AM »

NO, and listen up. A Trump victory doesn't mean we can just come back and win the next election. A Trump victory means NO MORE ELECTIONS EVER! He has to lose and lose badly.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 10:11:37 AM »

I wouldn't consider it "fun" or "beneficial" to change the makeup of the Supreme Court in such a way that my rights (and the rights of countless others) that have been fought for over the past 30+ years can get taken away again. So no, I'm not with you... not one iota.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 10:14:54 AM »
« Edited: September 19, 2016, 10:18:12 AM by Wiz in Wis »

As much I admire her and respect her, and agree with her on everything, I don't want Hillary to win this, and for the first time, I think she's going to lose.

She does not have the support of millennials, young women are apathetic, young blacks don't really love her, women in general distrust and dislike her, nobody's really super-excited about her, she's been in politics for way too long, there's too much crap associated with her and her husband, she's done.  

I used to think she was going to win, but knew it would always been a really close election.  Now I think Trump is going to win.  Maybe barely, but I think he's going to be the next President.

This isn't exactly a bad thing for progressives. A President Trump and a Republican Congress will now be completely in charge, and with every victory comes a backlash.  The Republicans are due for a backlash and that will undoubtedly happen under President Trump.  Maybe we can take back the House in 2018, but the most important benefit to Democrats will be in the state and local races, which will badly need to win, because our benches are god awful.  

How is that most young politicians in state legislatures in America are conservatives?  We need to elect hundreds of progressive and left-leaning millennials to those seats.

Nancy Pelosi needs to retire.  Democrats need a fresh face for 2018.  I see a very large number of Republican seats that are going to be very vulnerable under a Trump administration.

Anyway - for any Democrats out there, do you really want to go through four hellish years where Hillary becomes the most unpopular President in history? Her disapproval ratings are already sky high and she's just not trusted.  You know she's not going to get anything done.  The Republicans are very very likely to keep the Senate.

Wouldn't it more fun to watch Trump self-destruct and the Republicans being blamed for every single problem in the country?  

Another thing: a recession is likely in the next four years.  A Hillary recession would doom Democrats, rip the next round of gerrymandering away from us, and put us deep in the minority for another 10 long years.  It's just not worth it.

Let the Republicans fill the Scalia seat with a conservative.  The Supreme Court being conservative will only help our cause.  It will give the Republicans complete control over the entire federal government.

Under a President Trump, it can be payback time.  Democrats can organize themselves (something they are not good at doing) and hold rallies outside congressional offices, confront Republican congressmen, and press all of Trump's buttons - the mainstream media will cover it all and finally it will start turning on Trump.  He will be an incredibly controversial leader, reviled on the world stage, and face a hostile electorate in America.  Hillary will retire and ironically her approval ratings will improve.  The Clintons can bow out gracefully.  The era of dynasties ends.

Trump will be tied to every Republican from January 20, 2017 onwards.  He is the leader of their party now.  His views have now become mainstream Republican views.

Trump is extremely toxic with young voters.  They aren't that crazy about Hillary but he is not who they want to look up to President.  Let the young people move towards the Democrats under Trump.  They are the future, and I'd rather win the future than win the present.

None of the things you think will happen are naturally going to happen. You're clearly not going to be one of the millions of Americans who will suffer under the Trump administration. You couldn't care less about Muslim Americans, Hispanic families, or climate change. You're argument is exceedingly vapid. If I had to guess, I'd bet you're young (18-24), white, and male. You also live in a wealthy state. You are insulated, largely, from the pain you wish to "inflict" on other so you can usher in a liberal utopia. You're a narcissist and a fool. Read a history book.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 10:15:20 AM »

The idea of wanting to lose the current election for hopes of better prospects in upcoming ones is pure and utter folly, plain and simple.  
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 10:16:11 AM »

The idea of wanting to lose the current election for hopes of better prospects in upcoming ones is pure and utter folly, plain and simple.  
elcorazon

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 10:17:30 AM »

I used to think she was going to win, but knew it would always been a really close election.  Now I think Trump is going to win.  Maybe barely, but I think he's going to be the next President.

This isn't exactly a bad thing for progressives.  A President Trump and a Republican Congress will now be completely in charge, and with every victory comes a backlash.  The Republicans are due for a backlash and that will undoubtedly happen under President Trump.  Maybe we can take back the House in 2018, but the most important benefit to Democrats will be in the state and local races, which will badly need to win, because our benches are god awful. 

How is that most young politicians in state legislatures in America are conservatives?  We need to elect hundreds of progressive and left-leaning millennials to those seats.

Nancy Pelosi needs to retire.  Democrats need a fresh face for 2018.  I see a very large number of Republican seats that are going to be very vulnerable under a Trump administration.

Anyway - for any Democrats out there, do you really want to go through four hellish years where Hillary becomes the most unpopular President in history?  Her disapproval ratings are already sky high and she's just not trusted.  You know she's not going to get anything done.  The Republicans are very very likely to keep the Senate.

Another thing: a recession is likely in the next four years.  A Hillary recession would doom Democrats, rip the next round of gerrymandering away from us, and put us deep in the minority for another 10 long years.  It's just not worth it.

Let the Republicans fill the Scalia seat with a conservative.  The Supreme Court being conservative will only help our cause.  It will give the Republicans complete control over the entire federal government.

Under a President Trump, it can be payback time.  Democrats can organize themselves (something they are not good at doing) and hold rallies outside congressional offices, confront Republican congressmen, and press all of Trump's buttons - the mainstream media will cover it all and finally it will start turning on Trump.  He will be an incredibly controversial leader, reviled on the world stage, and face a hostile electorate in America.  Hillary will retire and ironically her approval ratings will improve.  The Clintons can bow out gracefully.  The era of dynasties ends.

Trump will be tied to every Republican from January 20, 2017 onwards.  He is the leader of their party now.  His views have now become mainstream Republican views.

Trump is extremely toxic with young voters.  They aren't that crazy about Hillary but he is not who they want to look up to President.  Let the young people move towards the Democrats under Trump.  They are the future, and I'd rather win the future than win the present.
this might be the worst post ever
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 10:19:43 AM »

lol, we're gonna win so much. 2018 will be an incumbent LANDSLIDE when Trump's policies are wildly successful. When you are good, there is no backlash.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2016, 10:21:57 AM »

lol, we're gonna win so much. 2018 will be an incumbent LANDSLIDE when Trump's policies are wildly successful. When you are good, there is no backlash.
The cognitive dissonance between your other posts and this one boggles my mind.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2016, 10:23:45 AM »

This isn't exactly a bad thing for progressives.  A President Trump and a Republican Congress will now be completely in charge, and with every victory comes a backlash. 

Where was the backlash again Reagan?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2016, 10:28:36 AM »

I imagine Wisconsin Democrats thought the same way with Act 10. Then they lost the recall and the 2014 elections and everything is gerrymandered against them until 2020 unless a court case fixes that. You never throw anything be it elections or games, etc.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2016, 10:29:31 AM »

Gag.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2016, 10:32:39 AM »

I imagine Wisconsin Democrats thought the same way with Act 10. Then they lost the recall and the 2014 elections and everything is gerrymandered against them until 2020 unless a court case fixes that. You never throw anything be it elections or games, etc.

This man speaks the truth.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2016, 10:33:24 AM »

The cognitive dissonance between your other posts and this one boggles my mind.

Oh, Trump won't win. I just mean in the fantasy scenario proposed in the OP. If the American people see the success Trump brings, it'll be smooth sailing.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2016, 10:33:32 AM »

This outburst probably belongs on the Individual Politics board.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2016, 10:34:09 AM »

This is bull. Trump presidency will be a disaster for the US. Disaster economically (expect the floor to fall out some time during these 4 years: it would take at least a generation to recover the living standards to today's levels), disaster in terms of the functioning of the state (expect him to damage the constitutional order much more than Nixon did), disaster politically (expect racism to become an acceptable feature of political discourse for the foreseeable future), disaster in terms of individual rights (he would never so much as acknowledge them), disaster in terms of public peace (expect violent confrontations to become the norm), disaster internationally (expect, at least, a few major wars and millions dead worldwide, including many more Americans dying than died in Viet Nam - and that is in a low-blood scenario).

It would be a disaster. Pure and simple.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2016, 10:35:53 AM »

I don't think 'win by losing' is generally a good strategy. For every election, the argument can be made that there might be a backlash if the other party wins. So you might be able to win in the future by losing now. Or you could just win now.

So yeah, maybe if Trump wins there will be a backlash and Dems take the House in 2018. Or maybe he normalizes his behavior and mid-term losses are minimal. Or worse yet, maybe there's a terrorist attack and he becomes really popular  and gets re-elected in 4 years. It's a risk in hoping that he wins now on the possibility it might be better for Dems in the long run.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2016, 10:43:51 AM »

Trump destroys the nation, Clinton does not.  You are dumb for not realizing that. 
crazy jimmie
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2016, 11:01:32 AM »

I get the logic of "lose now, so we can win later".

Perhaps if we lost 2008 and won 2010 elections, we would be better off with regards to redistricting and down the ballot. However, the main issue is that we can not predict elections in future cycles very well.

Democrats having the advantage in Presidential Election years and Republicans holding the advantage in midterm years may not always hold. For all we know, Hillary could win the election this November. And a mild recession comes up, and we recover quickly.. or a terrorist attack comes up and she is perceived to have strong leadership. This could lead to Democrats having a decent midterm in 2018. The exact same situation could apply with Trump being President.

Some users on this forum were even alive in the last two midterms that did not necessary favor the party out of power in the White House. These were 1998 and 2002.

Another huge issue is the fact that the next President will likely shape the Supreme Court for a generation to come. That alone is the HUGE reason for Democrats to do everything they can to win the White House and Presidency this year. Even if it could potentially lead to a 2018 disaster.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2016, 11:02:56 AM »

So Trump leads in a few polls before the debates with over a month and a half left and all the sudden Democrats are prepping their fallout shelters?  
crazy jimmie
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2016, 11:03:57 AM »

So Trump leads in a few polls before the debates with over a month and a half left and all the sudden Democrats are prepping their fallout shelters?  

Pretty funny, especially when this is the time during election season when Republicans tend to overpoll.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2016, 11:04:19 AM »

Hillary is no different from any politician. Most people hold this view because the Republican knew she was running for President since 1982 and created a narrative that she is unlikable to prevent her ambition. She did nothing to stop it either. Now we come to the point were everybody hate Hillary because other people hate Hillary without any specific reason except the fact the other people hate her. What because she is a liar or have ethics problems? Name one politician that does not and if you or anybody else was in her position you would do the exact same thing and some even worse. Now someone explain Trump to me. 
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2016, 11:05:50 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies