I'm a Democrat and I don't want Hillary to win anymore. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:39:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  I'm a Democrat and I don't want Hillary to win anymore. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm a Democrat and I don't want Hillary to win anymore.  (Read 2233 times)
emailking
Atlas Icon
« on: September 19, 2016, 10:35:53 AM »

I don't think 'win by losing' is generally a good strategy. For every election, the argument can be made that there might be a backlash if the other party wins. So you might be able to win in the future by losing now. Or you could just win now.

So yeah, maybe if Trump wins there will be a backlash and Dems take the House in 2018. Or maybe he normalizes his behavior and mid-term losses are minimal. Or worse yet, maybe there's a terrorist attack and he becomes really popular  and gets re-elected in 4 years. It's a risk in hoping that he wins now on the possibility it might be better for Dems in the long run.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 11:55:33 AM »

The idea of wanting to lose the current election for hopes of better prospects in upcoming ones is pure and utter folly, plain and simple.  

This.

Yeah. It's like running back with the ball in football. Sometimes you find a hole and make a a big gain. Most of the time you end up losing yards.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies