I'm a Democrat and I don't want Hillary to win anymore. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:51:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  I'm a Democrat and I don't want Hillary to win anymore. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm a Democrat and I don't want Hillary to win anymore.  (Read 2217 times)
Wiz in Wis

« on: September 19, 2016, 10:14:54 AM »
« edited: September 19, 2016, 10:18:12 AM by Wiz in Wis »

As much I admire her and respect her, and agree with her on everything, I don't want Hillary to win this, and for the first time, I think she's going to lose.

She does not have the support of millennials, young women are apathetic, young blacks don't really love her, women in general distrust and dislike her, nobody's really super-excited about her, she's been in politics for way too long, there's too much crap associated with her and her husband, she's done.  

I used to think she was going to win, but knew it would always been a really close election.  Now I think Trump is going to win.  Maybe barely, but I think he's going to be the next President.

This isn't exactly a bad thing for progressives. A President Trump and a Republican Congress will now be completely in charge, and with every victory comes a backlash.  The Republicans are due for a backlash and that will undoubtedly happen under President Trump.  Maybe we can take back the House in 2018, but the most important benefit to Democrats will be in the state and local races, which will badly need to win, because our benches are god awful.  

How is that most young politicians in state legislatures in America are conservatives?  We need to elect hundreds of progressive and left-leaning millennials to those seats.

Nancy Pelosi needs to retire.  Democrats need a fresh face for 2018.  I see a very large number of Republican seats that are going to be very vulnerable under a Trump administration.

Anyway - for any Democrats out there, do you really want to go through four hellish years where Hillary becomes the most unpopular President in history? Her disapproval ratings are already sky high and she's just not trusted.  You know she's not going to get anything done.  The Republicans are very very likely to keep the Senate.

Wouldn't it more fun to watch Trump self-destruct and the Republicans being blamed for every single problem in the country?  

Another thing: a recession is likely in the next four years.  A Hillary recession would doom Democrats, rip the next round of gerrymandering away from us, and put us deep in the minority for another 10 long years.  It's just not worth it.

Let the Republicans fill the Scalia seat with a conservative.  The Supreme Court being conservative will only help our cause.  It will give the Republicans complete control over the entire federal government.

Under a President Trump, it can be payback time.  Democrats can organize themselves (something they are not good at doing) and hold rallies outside congressional offices, confront Republican congressmen, and press all of Trump's buttons - the mainstream media will cover it all and finally it will start turning on Trump.  He will be an incredibly controversial leader, reviled on the world stage, and face a hostile electorate in America.  Hillary will retire and ironically her approval ratings will improve.  The Clintons can bow out gracefully.  The era of dynasties ends.

Trump will be tied to every Republican from January 20, 2017 onwards.  He is the leader of their party now.  His views have now become mainstream Republican views.

Trump is extremely toxic with young voters.  They aren't that crazy about Hillary but he is not who they want to look up to President.  Let the young people move towards the Democrats under Trump.  They are the future, and I'd rather win the future than win the present.

None of the things you think will happen are naturally going to happen. You're clearly not going to be one of the millions of Americans who will suffer under the Trump administration. You couldn't care less about Muslim Americans, Hispanic families, or climate change. You're argument is exceedingly vapid. If I had to guess, I'd bet you're young (18-24), white, and male. You also live in a wealthy state. You are insulated, largely, from the pain you wish to "inflict" on other so you can usher in a liberal utopia. You're a narcissist and a fool. Read a history book.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 10:32:39 AM »

I imagine Wisconsin Democrats thought the same way with Act 10. Then they lost the recall and the 2014 elections and everything is gerrymandered against them until 2020 unless a court case fixes that. You never throw anything be it elections or games, etc.

This man speaks the truth.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies