I'm a Democrat and I don't want Hillary to win anymore. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:40:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  I'm a Democrat and I don't want Hillary to win anymore. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm a Democrat and I don't want Hillary to win anymore.  (Read 2229 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« on: September 19, 2016, 11:01:32 AM »

I get the logic of "lose now, so we can win later".

Perhaps if we lost 2008 and won 2010 elections, we would be better off with regards to redistricting and down the ballot. However, the main issue is that we can not predict elections in future cycles very well.

Democrats having the advantage in Presidential Election years and Republicans holding the advantage in midterm years may not always hold. For all we know, Hillary could win the election this November. And a mild recession comes up, and we recover quickly.. or a terrorist attack comes up and she is perceived to have strong leadership. This could lead to Democrats having a decent midterm in 2018. The exact same situation could apply with Trump being President.

Some users on this forum were even alive in the last two midterms that did not necessary favor the party out of power in the White House. These were 1998 and 2002.

Another huge issue is the fact that the next President will likely shape the Supreme Court for a generation to come. That alone is the HUGE reason for Democrats to do everything they can to win the White House and Presidency this year. Even if it could potentially lead to a 2018 disaster.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 11:03:57 AM »

So Trump leads in a few polls before the debates with over a month and a half left and all the sudden Democrats are prepping their fallout shelters?  

Pretty funny, especially when this is the time during election season when Republicans tend to overpoll.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies