1968 Republican primary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:38:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  1968 Republican primary
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for
Richard Nixon (R-CA)

Ronald Reagan (R-CA)

Nelson Rockefeller (R-NY)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: 1968 Republican primary  (Read 3656 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2016, 10:22:21 AM »

I like Dick.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2016, 10:30:33 AM »

I mean, Nixon at least probably knew he was evil. Can't say much for the other two.

So you consider Reagan evil

Not intentionally so. He probably did what he thought best.

SO do u think his dem opponents were better.

I mean, probably not- depends. Johnson jeopardized the US economy. He and Rockefeller are probably the two most dangerous men in the field. I have a soft spot for McCarthy, but more so for his 1980 far right phase, and I like how RFK was both super Catholic and a feds spook that fooled liberals into supporting him. Humphrey, eh, probably a good guy who felt forced to be a complete sleaze--and it ruined him.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2016, 10:54:28 AM »

LOL, the US economy has rarely ever been as good as it was during Johnson's term.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2016, 11:00:35 AM »

Rockefeller, easily. The liberal who is not a crock.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2016, 11:35:57 AM »

LOL, the US economy has rarely ever been as good as it was during Johnson's term.

I mean, yeah, he showed you could literally spend yourself to prosperity. He didn't show you could do it for long.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2016, 11:44:47 AM »

I mean, yeah, he showed you could literally spend yourself to prosperity. He didn't show you could do it for long.

So it's just a coincidence that the era of economic stagnation for the middle class began during Nixon's term and solidified under Reagan?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2016, 01:57:10 PM »

LOL, is there a single Republican who voted for Rocky?

I should have made partisan voting options.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2016, 02:13:10 PM »

I mean, Nixon at least probably knew he was evil. Can't say much for the other two.

So you consider Reagan evil

Not intentionally so. He probably did what he thought best.

SO do u think his dem opponents were better.

I mean, probably not- depends. Johnson jeopardized the US economy. He and Rockefeller are probably the two most dangerous men in the field. I have a soft spot for McCarthy, but more so for his 1980 far right phase, and I like how RFK was both super Catholic and a feds spook that fooled liberals into supporting him. Humphrey, eh, probably a good guy who felt forced to be a complete sleaze--and it ruined him.

My gosh. I couldn't have answered my own opinion better myself.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2016, 02:27:18 PM »

So it's just a coincidence that the era of economic stagnation for the middle class began during Nixon's term and solidified under Reagan?

Given that Ford was the first president to try to even contemplate confronting the absurd policies of about 1964-1964, uh, sure? I'm not particularly interested in defending Reagan or neoliberalism in general (I'll note that he had at least 2 good initiatives undermined by his successors), but I tend to regard Johnson as the turning point towards doom.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2016, 02:35:22 PM »

Given that Ford was the first president to try to even contemplate confronting the absurd policies of about 1964-1964, uh, sure? I'm not particularly interested in defending Reagan or neoliberalism in general (I'll note that he had at least 2 good initiatives undermined by his successors), but I tend to regard Johnson as the turning point towards doom.

Any actual argument for why, or does it just suit your ideology better?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2016, 02:46:49 PM »

I'm on mobile right now, but, if I had to give reasons, so I'm trying to confine my posts to sizzling #hottakes.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2016, 02:48:00 PM »

LBJ policies are what are lead to the stagflation years of the 70s
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2016, 02:48:21 PM »

I'm on mobile right now, but, if I had to give reasons, so I'm trying to confine my posts to sizzling #hottakes.

Can't argue with that. Tongue
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2016, 02:53:50 PM »

Can't argue with that. Tongue

Haha, forgot to do a full backspace. I won't change it though; it's cool this way.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2016, 03:00:23 PM »

Nelson Rockefeller: Major Atlasians think he's evil, but fascists are nice guys, FFs.

Nelson Rockefeller is the best by far.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2016, 12:01:41 AM »

I chose Rockefeller as the closest equivalent to George Romney, though Romney was ten times the good man any of these jokers were.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2016, 09:17:25 PM »

Between these three, Rocky, but Nixon is close behind.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies