Question for atlas democrats (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:17:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Question for atlas democrats (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question for atlas democrats  (Read 558 times)
uti2

« on: September 20, 2016, 09:57:30 AM »

So I get the impression that many of you feel that people who disagree with you politically are either bigoted, stupid, uneducated, or evil.  I mean in general, not just in regards to Trump. What percentage of republicans are in your opinion normal people who just disagree with you about what is best for the country?

90%. But the fact that even ~10% of people who support a major party presidential nominee are

is concerning. This also applies to the stupid/uneducated folks that support Hillary who can't construct a better argument than "I read on Tumblr that Trump wants to personally behead every Muslim in the world, so he shouldn't be President" because fxck that shyt.

Liberals/leftists/progressives who oppose Trump under the guise of being more intelligent aren't doing so to belittle Trump supporters per se, they're trying to reinforce the notion that the country deserves better. I've met plenty of leftists who would have welcome John Kasich, Jon Huntsman, or even Marco Rubio as the nominee of the Republican Party because, while they may not agree with them, they're at least sane people who try to think rationally and don't try to "rally the troops" whenever a journalist says something mean about them.

Actually, that's EXACTLY what rubio does. He rallies the troops in the exact same manner:

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/ken-walshs-washington/2015/06/11/marco-rubio-hits-back-at-new-york-times

You shouldn't group him in with the other 2. Maybe your friends weren't exposed to him enough to realize that, we know that cruz's favorables went down when he got more media exposure in Mar/Apr. That is also exactly why cruz/rubio refused to attack Trump in the beginning and enabled him, they were all playing the same game, and were willing to risk Trump in the first place, if it meant hurting Jeb, etc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies