Question for atlas democrats (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:50:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Question for atlas democrats (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question for atlas democrats  (Read 552 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: September 20, 2016, 02:53:56 PM »

First of all, let's not act like Democrats have the monopoly on judging people who disagree. If we're talking about general policy disagreements, I certainly won't call the other person evil, uneducated, or bigoted. The fact that they can articulate a position on the issues demonstrates that they are not just "ignorant." If I strongly disagree, I may question their reasoning or ask how they came to that conclusion, but I would certainly not resort to name calling or dismissing them as uneducated or evil.

If we're talking about someone who just screams that "Hillary is a corrupt liar! Liberals are destroying America!" and has no evidence or reason to back up what they're saying, other than a hit piece from Breitbart that they found from a quick Google search, then that's a different story.

I like this post. A lot of Atlas Democrats are hacks who would suggest Republicans are some evil cabal dedicated to spreading misery to all. Truth is, a lot of Republicans would say the same about the Democrats, though those people are less represented on Atlas. Our political discourse would benefit from less of that sort of toxic rhetoric that seeks to demonize people over legitimate disagreements.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies