Fight for Atlasia: Blair/Kingpoleon 2016 (Statement)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:37:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Fight for Atlasia: Blair/Kingpoleon 2016 (Statement)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Fight for Atlasia: Blair/Kingpoleon 2016 (Statement)  (Read 7055 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 19, 2016, 03:49:10 PM »
« edited: October 17, 2016, 05:46:28 PM by Senator Blair »

Let's Fight for Atlasia

Blair for President

Normally I’d write out a long campaign speech, with soaring rhetoric and laundry lists of achievements; the reality is that most people wouldn’t read it, and it would achieve very little. For this reason I’m putting a simple pitch to Altasia- we need to fight.

Since the Con-Con in June we’ve failed to live up to our hopes and expectations. Players have left the game, offices have fallen vacant and frankly we’ve been treading water for the last couple of weeks.

I’m running for President on a simple message- join me to fight for Atlasia. Whether you’re a federalist, a United Alternative member, a Labor member or the sadly rare independent voter we need to join together to save Atlasia. We need an experienced captain at the helm of the ship-I’ve been active bar one month for the last 18 months, I’ve served as Governor, Regional Senator, Interior Secretary, Speaker and Party Chair. I’ve got the experience, the strength and the dedication to lead this fight

As many of you know I ran for President 9 months ago; it was a tough experience. I didn’t run in June, and I made clear in July that I wasn’t expecting to run in October. But after several citizens from across party lines urged me to run I felt that I couldn’t simply sit back and watch as we continued along this path.

I’m not going to be all gloom and doom- we’ve made good solid steps. We’ve got a House and Senate that is slowly getting active, we’ve got legislation on the floor being debated and we’ve got two good leaders in Congress.

However we need leadership to start from the White House; shaping the Agenda, not simply following it. Being pro-active to improve the game, not simply reactive. We need someone in the White House who will fight, fight and fight again for Atlasia.

I will as I always have done when campaigning issue policy speeches, debate and spread out my vision- but firstly I wanted to set out just why I was running- it’s because I believe that Atlasia can be so much better than this.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 04:06:21 PM »

100% endorsed. You'll make a great President.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 05:33:43 PM »

Wholeheartedly endorsed. You will make a wonderful president, and you've done everything you can to earn it. I'm thrilled to have been in the same region as you for all this time, and to call you my Governor, my Senator, my friend. May you defeat Leinad in October!

x LLR
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 05:35:32 PM »

100% endorsed. You'll make a great President.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 09:46:11 PM »

Enthusiastically endorsed, my friend.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 08:03:22 AM »

Statement on President Leinad

'I'd like to thank President Leinad for his service to Atlasia, and hope that he has a long future in the game. He's been one of the best people to work with and has approached every issue with an open mind and pragmatic spirit. His work on the ConCon, and his record of public service show his dedication to Atlasia.'
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 08:54:21 PM »

Thanks for that statement, Blair

also:

Nope Tongue
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 09:00:51 PM »

You have been a very active voice for our region and you've had a tremendous impact on Labor's standing in national politics.  You have my enthusiastic support.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 05:35:13 PM »

''Stay tuned for my announcement tomorrow''
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 03:55:43 AM »

Are you the only Labor candidate running? You seem like a good guy don't get me wrong, but IDK if I could stomach voting for someone named after Tony Blair. Tongue Wink

I can change my name to Bliar if that helps Tongue
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 07:25:51 AM »

Are you the only Labor candidate running? You seem like a good guy don't get me wrong, but IDK if I could stomach voting for someone named after Tony Blair. Tongue Wink
You'll get over that minor issue pretty quickly. Tongue Wink
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 05:12:26 PM »

Blair for President: Let's Fight for Atlasia

The Blair Plan: 10 Steps to Save Atlasia

1. A Crisis System: A new crisis system where players actions and decisions will have real consequences and were Real Time decisions will be needed for major crisis's like terrorist attacks, piracy, international diplomacy, recessions and domestic incidents.

2. A more powerful Cabinet: Cabinets in the past have been side shows. I'd want players of all parties in Cabinet roles that are just as important as legislators. They'd deal with their own crisis, have clear briefs and will be expected to pull their weight.

3. A Game Audit: If elected President I want to find out what every player thinks about Atlasia, and our entire game-play system. We had the ConCon to change our political structure but we need to change the way we actually participate.

4. A Good Governance Group: I'd set up an independent group, chaired by a player from a different party to actively asses, and grade the performance of all elected officials in the Federal Government and Congress.

5. A More Powerful GM: For too long the GM has lacked powers, meaning even when they want to be active they're limited. I'd give the GM powers to run crisis situations, model public opinion and make the game more responsive. 

6. A Recruitment Surge: Just as I did as Labor Chair I'd bring more people not only into the game, but also into holding office. Naturally we have a high turn over rate. For this reason I will use the Office of the Presidency, and all my energy into bringing people into the game, and back into it.

7. A Leading President: As President I'd by the leading light of activity, from State of the Union Speeches, to foreign trips and submitting my own legislative agenda. Like President Leinad if I'm not active enough after 50 days in office I will not run for a second term.

8. A New role for the VP: We've had great people hold the office of VP but more needs to be done to put them at the centre stage. I'd give my Vice-President three clear policy areas, a seat at the Cabinet and a leading diplomatic role.

9. A New Media: I'd help set up a new media  wing of Atlasia where stories, gossip and genuine stories could be written. Newspapers in the past where often just for GM's or parties. We need a true independence press to boost activity.

10. A bit of Fight We're electing so much more than a President this October. We're picking the person who can help shape the Nation. We need a bold plan to fix the game- now is not the the time for old solutions, and now is not the time to vote for business as usual. Now is the time to fight.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2016, 05:35:19 PM »

Blair for President: Let's Fight for Atlasia

The Blair Plan: 10 Steps to Save Atlasia

1. A Crisis System: A new crisis system where players actions and decisions will have real consequences and were Real Time decisions will be needed for major crisis's like terrorist attacks, piracy, international diplomacy, recessions and domestic incidents.

2. A more powerful Cabinet: Cabinets in the past have been side shows. I'd want players of all parties in Cabinet roles that are just as important as legislators. They'd deal with their own crisis, have clear briefs and will be expected to pull their weight.

3. A Game Audit: If elected President I want to find out what every player thinks about Atlasia, and our entire game-play system. We had the ConCon to change our political structure but we need to change the way we actually participate.

4. A Good Governance Group: I'd set up an independent group, chaired by a player from a different party to actively asses, and grade the performance of all elected officials in the Federal Government and Congress.

5. A More Powerful GM: For too long the GM has lacked powers, meaning even when they want to be active they're limited. I'd give the GM powers to run crisis situations, model public opinion and make the game more responsive. 

6. A Recruitment Surge: Just as I did as Labor Chair I'd bring more people not only into the game, but also into holding office. Naturally we have a high turn over rate. For this reason I will use the Office of the Presidency, and all my energy into bringing people into the game, and back into it.

7. A Leading President: As President I'd by the leading light of activity, from State of the Union Speeches, to foreign trips and submitting my own legislative agenda. Like President Leinad if I'm not active enough after 50 days in office I will not run for a second term.

8. A New role for the VP: We've had great people hold the office of VP but more needs to be done to put them at the centre stage. I'd give my Vice-President three clear policy areas, a seat at the Cabinet and a leading diplomatic role.

9. A New Media: I'd help set up a new media  wing of Atlasia where stories, gossip and genuine stories could be written. Newspapers in the past where often just for GM's or parties. We need a true independence press to boost activity.

10. A bit of Fight We're electing so much more than a President this October. We're picking the person who can help shape the Nation. We need a bold plan to fix the game- now is not the the time for old solutions, and now is not the time to vote for business as usual. Now is the time to fight.

These ideas aren't that bad. If you lose, will you still pursue setting them up?
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2016, 06:58:29 PM »

FTFY

If you lose, will you still pursue setting them up?
Why risk it? Far better to go with the sure bet and elect Blair president!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2016, 03:52:41 PM »

Statement from Rep. Kingpoleon

"Atlasians. Regardless of your partisan affiliation, your past loyalties, your friendships, your perceptions of popularity: Senator Blair is the man ought to be our next President. I have never been more proud, more honored, more grateful than I am now, to call myself not a friend of Blair, but a member of Team Blair.

"It is not for my sake, nor for his sake, that I say this, but for the sake of activity and the sake of every activity. I am proud, I am honored, I am grateful, to officially be able to say what I have wished to say for many months now: I officially endorse Senator Blair to be the next President, not of Atlasia, but of, for, and by Atlasians."
pikachu
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2016, 08:14:35 PM »

I'm a strong believe in Blair's passion for the game and his ability to do a great job governing. I'm happy and proud to endorse him for President.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2016, 12:46:25 PM »

I thought I would cross post this here:

Speaker NeverAgain Announces His Strong Endorsement For Senator Blair!

Rep. NeverAgain with SoS Truman at a 'Blair For President' Rally

Good evening everyone! And thank you all, especially the Secretary for being here tonight. I am here to announce my strong and enthusiastic endorsement for a man who has been committed to the people for years and now wants to take the final step in representing, defending, and protecting the entirety of Atlasia - Senator Blair!

But before I talk about what I know Senator Blair can do for Atlasia, I want to go back a ways. I want to go back eight months ago to when I stood here and talked to you about why I believed in Senator Blair and the audacity of hope that he and we all believe in. Then, he was running a much different campaign. He was facing a sitting President and we, as a party, were strongly divided then. But now, eight months later we stand here as united as we have ever been to continue to put an end to the Federalist domination of Nyman, as we have already started with taking back the House! Now, we will move on to the Senate, and then the White House! And we will won't stop until we provide substantive economic protections for our senior citizens, until we get a living wage for all Atlasians, and until we fully proclaim loud and clear that healthcare is a human right!

I know Senator Blair will fight for all of these and so much more as President. And I know this because he has done it before, so many times. As Governor, Blair fought terrorism by correctly making the right decision to mobilize the national guard, and then protected all people with new civil rights reforms, to end the hate and bigotry and that provoked such attacks. As Party Chair, Blair continually listens to ideas, even when he doesn't agree with them to further prosper effective communication and cooperation in our party and across party lines. And as Senator, he has put human rights and the minimum wage at the forefront of his Senatorial work.

I am so proud to endorse this great man for President, because he's not just talk. He's a fighter. A fighter for economic justice, for equality, and for Atlasia! I ask all of you to join me in the Fight For Atlasia!

Thank you all, and God Bless Atlasia!

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2016, 02:54:53 PM »

Thank you for the warm words Mr Speaker. You've been a great champion for working Atlasians, and have turned around the House with your strong leadership. Your endorsement means a lot for me.

Big Policy announcement coming in the next 24 hours as well
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2016, 03:03:39 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2016, 05:24:04 AM by Senator Blair »

My Plan to enthuse Atlasia, in my first 50 days

15 in 50

1. As President I'll arrange with the GM state visits to Europe, Asia, South America and the Middle East to work with the Secretary of State to develop a new foreign policy, based on real policy.

2. As President I'll radically reform the role of GM to have more powers over policy, and to create a 'Crisis' system requiring responsive action from lawmakers.

3. As President I'll work with the Healthcare committee to help pass meaningful healthcare reforms.

4. As President I'll work with congressional leaders from both parties to begin the work on a full Budget.

5. As President I'll work with the Secretary of State and GM to model the Syrian Crisis, and work for a full solution to the awful crisis that we've seen unfold in Syria.

6. As President I'll launch a flagship non-partisan National Infrastructure Board to work out how to fix Atlasia's decaying Infrastructure.

7. As President I'll launch a review of all Atlasian Military Forces and their positioning around the World, which will be published in a global defense review.

8. As President I'll reform the role of the Cabinet; with the Vice President being given a seat to enable a pro-active and responsive government.

9. As President I'll not only issue a State of the Union Speech, but I'll give 'Charter' speeches outlining  my administrations positions on healthcare, public security, energy and education.

10. As President I'll keep launch a flagship 'New Media Scheme' to encourage individuals to start new, independent media groups in Atlasia.

11. As President I'll hold bi-monthly meetings with my Cabinet, and Congressional leaders to oversee our progress.

12. As President I'll launch a new environmental strategy to protect our wildlife from the Gulf of Mexico to the Alaskan Arctic.

13. As President I'll launch a full gameplay audit to understand and assess what people like and don't like about Atlasia.

14. As President I'll visit Asia and the United Kingdom to begin work on trade deals with the assistance of the Secretary of State, and oversight of GM.

15. As President I'll ensure that all offices, from regional assembly members to Cabinet officers are full by recruiting new players, working with party chairs and Governors, and finally ensuring we have a healthy and active Atlasia   

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2016, 03:17:07 PM »

Finally! Someone who understands the importance of engaging in developments provided by the GM Smiley
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2016, 07:29:54 AM »
« Edited: September 29, 2016, 07:32:11 AM by Senator Blair »

My Statement on the recent constitutional amendment

The proposed constitutional amendment that wants to ban abortions from the moment of conception is by far one of the most divisive, short sighted and medically backwards ideas that I've seen proposed. I understand the naunce of the abortion issue which is why I worked with Senator Cris to amend the abortion bill to limit abortions to 24 weeks, and why as always I use public policy and data when making decisions rather than relying on dogma and hearsay.

The constitutional amendment is wrong in so many ways. Are we saying as a game that we want to pull Atlasia even further than the of healthcare standards of Paraguay, Saudi Arabia and Peru. Are we honestly saying that we're going to deny rape victims, mother carrying Fetus with the Zika Virus and 11 year old girls the right to a safe abortion. This policy not only flies in the face of medical sense, but in the entirety of the last 50 years worth of social progress. There's a reason why economically, and socially developed countries with LGBT rights, Pensions, universal healthcare and workers rights also have access to abortions- because it simply makes sense.

I very much hope that Tmth opposes this constitutional amendment- because frankly if he doesn't then that it shows a great deal about how his President administration would behave.

Leadership is about standing up sometimes, and saying that an idea is plain wrong. This amendment is plain wrong.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2016, 06:06:04 PM »

The announcement of my running mate will take place tomorrow morning- stay tuned.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2016, 06:21:38 PM »

The announcement of my running mate will take place tomorrow morning- stay tuned.
100% Totally Official GM Betting Odds:
5-1 - Kingpoleon
5-1 - Truman
15-1 - Cris
20-1 - NeverAgain
20-1 - Scott
50-1 - Lumine
500-1 - 1184AZ
1000-1 - Clyde Tongue

It'll end up being someone who isn't on the list knowing my luck... Cheesy
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2016, 06:56:57 PM »

5-1 - Kingpoleon
5-1 - Truman
15-1 - Cris
20-1 - NeverAgain
20-1 - Scott
50-1 - Lumine
500-1 - 1184AZ
1000-1 - Clyde Tongue

No odds for Peebs? Sad
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2016, 07:12:01 PM »

5-1 - Kingpoleon
5-1 - Truman
15-1 - Cris
20-1 - NeverAgain
20-1 - Scott
50-1 - Lumine
500-1 - 1184AZ
1000-1 - Clyde Tongue

No odds for Peebs? Sad
30-1 Wink