Fight for Atlasia: Blair/Kingpoleon 2016 (Statement)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:24:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Fight for Atlasia: Blair/Kingpoleon 2016 (Statement)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Fight for Atlasia: Blair/Kingpoleon 2016 (Statement)  (Read 7053 times)
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2016, 03:56:31 PM »

Become even more popular is what I meant Smiley
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2016, 04:01:43 PM »

Been watching the Debate? I'm the only candidate with a detailed plan to reform, and fight for Atlasia

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2016, 03:25:50 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2016, 03:15:57 PM by Fmr. Senator Blair »

Want a President who'll hit the Ground running?

My Plan to enthuse Atlasia, in my first 50 days

15 in 50

1. As President I'll arrange with the GM state visits to Europe, Asia, South America and the Middle East to work with the Secretary of State to develop a new foreign policy, based on real policy.

2. As President I'll radically reform the role of GM to have more powers over policy, and to create a 'Crisis' system requiring responsive action from lawmakers.

3. As President I'll work with the Healthcare committee to help pass meaningful healthcare reforms.

4. As President I'll work with congressional leaders from both parties to begin the work on a full Budget.

5. As President I'll work with the Secretary of State and GM to model the Syrian Crisis, and work for a full solution to the awful crisis that we've seen unfold in Syria.

6. As President I'll launch a flagship non-partisan National Infrastructure Board to work out how to fix Atlasia's decaying Infrastructure.

7. As President I'll launch a review of all Atlasian Military Forces and their positioning around the World, which will be published in a global defense review.

8. As President I'll reform the role of the Cabinet; with the Vice President being given a seat to enable a pro-active and responsive government.

9. As President I'll not only issue a State of the Union Speech, but I'll give 'Charter' speeches outlining  my administrations positions on healthcare, public security, energy and education.

10. As President I'll keep launch a flagship 'New Media Scheme' to encourage individuals to start new, independent media groups in Atlasia.

11. As President I'll hold bi-monthly meetings with my Cabinet, and Congressional leaders to oversee our progress.

12. As President I'll launch a new environmental strategy to protect our wildlife from the Gulf of Mexico to the Alaskan Arctic.

13. As President I'll launch a full gameplay audit to understand and assess what people like and don't like about Atlasia.

14. As President I'll visit Asia and the United Kingdom to begin work on trade deals with the assistance of the Secretary of State, and oversight of GM.

15. As President I'll ensure that all offices, from regional assembly members to Cabinet officers are full by recruiting new players, working with party chairs and Governors, and finally ensuring we have a healthy and active Atlasia  

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2016, 08:49:20 AM »

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2016, 11:24:19 AM »

Inequality Matters

As President I'd want to lead the discussion on how we tackle the most important issue for Atlasia, and all those around the world; Inequality. We have not done enough in our first term since the ConCon to tackle the big issues that Atlasia faces. We need a President who will stand up, and say that vast inequalities- around healthcare, around education, around zipcode, around race and around economic wealth. During my whole time in Atlasia I've always fought to tackle these fundamental policies. That's why today I'm outlying the 20 policies and initiatives that I would pass as President to break down these inequalities.

Tackling Inequality: Blair's 12 Solutions

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2016, 07:47:53 AM »

Even in right to work states irl, retail and service workers have to that right. I would think they do here too.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2016, 01:13:51 PM »

Looking forward to policies like these being implemented in Atlasia. It was a hard decision, but this tipped the scales.

Endorsed
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2016, 04:25:07 PM »

Looking forward to policies like these being implemented in Atlasia. It was a hard decision, but this tipped the scales.

Endorsed

I appreciate the endorsement; I've always tried to make sure that we keep a steady focus on policy in Atlasia
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2016, 12:53:26 PM »

Enthusiastic about what you have to offer. Endorsed!
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2016, 12:56:51 PM »

Senator Blair, do you have any specific plans for criminal justice reform?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2016, 01:14:08 PM »

Enthusiastic about what you have to offer. Endorsed!

Appreciate the endorsement

Senator Blair, do you have any specific plans for criminal justice reform?

Thanks for the question. I'd want to take a number of steps to fix the criminal justice system. Back in 2015 I authored a bipartisan bill in the Senate that truly was a Herculean task (I think it went into 17 pages) but we got a massive reform undertaken which included...
+expansion of police cameras,
+civilian oversight boards, which included police unions
+ Support for historically prosecuted groups in the community
+ Increased funding for Police forces; along with protective equipment.

This is very much the model that I'd want to take as President; I'd want to do what I've always done- work across the isle.

Onto the actual policy aspect I'd want to heavily review the role of private prisons; even though they make up a small number of prisons there's a serious case for reform to be made. There's numerous cases of abuse reported from private prisons. I'd want to work with the Regional Governors to address this issue and phase private prisons out of use in both the regional and federal level.

Likewise I'd want to fund social programs for prisoners; working with the private sector to provide quality education and training for all prisoners. The speech by the Finnish prision office who said 'one day I want to be able to live next to you' is certainly a case for inspiration- we shouldn't write off our prisoners.

I'd want to reach out to Police Unions to work together for real reform- police officers are on the front-line, and are greatly valued by all those in Atlasia. However we need to work together as nation to end police brutality, racial profiling (as practiced by Joe Arpaio) and ensure that police officers have quality training, and support.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2016, 01:24:29 PM »

Endorsed
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2016, 03:35:22 PM »

Endorsed.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2016, 04:14:38 PM »

Good stuff. Endorsed.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2016, 12:13:01 AM »

Can you draw every state in Atlasia by hand on Microsoft paint from memory?
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2016, 12:13:23 AM »

THE PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2016, 04:27:36 AM »

ENDORSED
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2016, 06:09:23 AM »

Appreciate the endorsement guys
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2016, 03:02:01 PM »

Endorsed!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2016, 03:22:44 PM »

I'm sure one of the campaign interns can
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2016, 03:25:06 PM »

Senator Blair - as President, would you support the deportation of known racist and poltroon Santander?

I'll be addressing this matter in a speech later tonight
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2016, 04:15:39 PM »

I'm sure one of the campaign interns can

Fair enough.  Endorsed! 
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2016, 05:30:51 PM »

Mr. Senator, I am asking this to both you and Fmr. Sen. Yankee: Would you support/overturn the veto on the Ukrainian Freedom Bill by President Leinad?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2016, 05:38:29 PM »

Mr. Senator, I am asking this to both you and Fmr. Sen. Yankee: Would you support/overturn the veto on the Ukrainian Freedom Bill by President Leinad?

Yes.

I'm deeply concerned about the veto of the Ukrainian bill which passed with Bi-Partisan support in both houses. By blocking much needed aid to Ukraine we're not only giving Russian backed forces in the region a boost but we're sending a message to the people of Eastern Europe that Atlasia doesn't care about their plight, about their enduring struggle for Liberty and their concerns about Russian Expansion.

The idea that we're 'meddling' by supporting the democratically elected government of Ukraine whilst unmarked Russian troops break international law, shoot down passenger planes and cast a specter of darkness over eastern Europe
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2016, 05:46:11 PM »

Statement on Santander

'I'm sure many Atlasians were disgusted by the comments made by Santander last night, who claimed that if you say 'seasons greetings' you're a terrorist sympathizer. That's a quote from someone who's running for Congress. Let that sink in guys, let that sink it.

It's not an isolated incident; Santander even questioned if being a racist is a bad trait, he then praised Ian Smith, and declared the founder of the KKK was 'misunderstood' and finished off by saying Asian Immigrants are a threat to our cultural integrity.

Is this honestly the friendlier Atlasia we've been promised? Are the federalists going to raise their banner at the House elections, and expect their voters to elect Santander to the house? I hope that Yankee sends out a clear message to his federalist supporters that antisemitic dog-whistles have no home in the federalist party.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies