Fight for Atlasia: Blair/Kingpoleon 2016 (Statement)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:24:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Fight for Atlasia: Blair/Kingpoleon 2016 (Statement)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Fight for Atlasia: Blair/Kingpoleon 2016 (Statement)  (Read 7011 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2016, 07:02:06 AM »

With regard to my previous response, it's important to note that:

[he] may have done good things for Atlasia since then, but these are simply facts, and you can't erase history.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2016, 07:05:01 AM »

And yet, who invited me to Atlasia in the first place? Oh right, it was you

And who invited Hamilton to Atlasia in the first place? Oh right, it was Yankee

The difference: Yankee didn't make attacking Hamilton a major issue of his campaign.

You honestly fail miserably in your attack dog role

Well, you guys' best defense is to apparently say that vetting candidates is "disgusting," so...
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2016, 07:08:04 AM »

The difference: Yankee didn't make attacking Hamilton a major issue of his campaign.

You honestly fail miserably in your attack dog role

Well, you guys' best defense is to apparently say that vetting candidates is "disgusting," so...
Not vetting candidates is "disgusting", but the fact that someone shouldn't be president because he left Atlasia 1,2 years ago and decided to be back. This is ridiculous.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2016, 07:27:34 AM »

THESE ARE SIMPLY FACTS LEINAD
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2016, 09:06:36 AM »

Senator Blair, I appreciate you responding to my questions regarding happenings around Atlasia, as I said I do not intend to attack anyone on a partisan basis which is why I switched over to being an independent, again thank you for responding to my questions.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2016, 01:12:07 PM »

Roll Eyes

These attacks are so hilariously moronic on so many fronts that I'm having a hard time believing the accusers are actually serious. Then again, I suppose this is the party that claimed I was not sufficiently active to be president back in June (seriously, WTF?), so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they would resort to clownish double standards and misrepresentations of fact to prop up their own failing campaign.

But let's give them the benefit of the doubt. Surely, if these individuals believe taking a break from politics disqualifies one from ever holding national office again, they would be prepared to apply that standard equally? For example, they would never have considered supporting Lumine for vice president four months ago, seeing as he took an extended break from the game last November (when the situation was just as dire as it had been two months before, when Blair left for less than a month). Oh, wait - none of them had any problem with Lumine's record, nor did it bother them that Tmth left the game for almost a year before returning to run for Midwest Governor. Huh.

Let's be honest: these "concerns" are nothing more than the last, desperate attempt of a defeated party to whip up enough faux outrage to rescue their dying electoral prospects. There was a time when I would have been surprised by this sort of conduct - especially from a party that claims to fight for a "more welcoming Atlasia" - but I guess this is the world we live in now. What a shame.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2016, 01:16:05 PM »

I'll admit I was the one that kind of got the ball rolling and I apologize for that
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2016, 05:01:57 PM »

All right.  I was asked to have a look at this lovely discussion here and give my input.  I've been feeling like sht the entire day and didn't get to this until now, so I'm glad we're getting some level of civility back in this thread.

I don't really have anything to say beyond what LLR has relayed.  I wasn't around for half the sht that's been mentioned in this thread and I really don't care to go back and get in on all the details.  I really don't.  I rejoined this game because I wanted to debate bills and run for stuff.  I freely admit to being an asshole on this site pretty much in general, but most of the "attack dog" BS in this game is childish and ultimately counterproductive when we end up losing valued and active members (Tmth being one) because of it.

If you want to attack a party's record, fine.  But let's steer away from the personality cultism that has dominated the culture of this game for far too long.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2016, 06:07:56 PM »

All right.  I was asked to have a look at this lovely discussion here and give my input.  I've been feeling like sht the entire day and didn't get to this until now, so I'm glad we're getting some level of civility back in this thread.

I don't really have anything to say beyond what LLR has relayed.  I wasn't around for half the sht that's been mentioned in this thread and I really don't care to go back and get in on all the details.  I really don't.  I rejoined this game because I wanted to debate bills and run for stuff.  I freely admit to being an asshole on this site pretty much in general, but most of the "attack dog" BS in this game is childish and ultimately counterproductive when we end up losing valued and active members (Tmth being one) because of it.

If you want to attack a party's record, fine.  But let's steer away from the personality cultism that has dominated the culture of this game for far too long.

I wholeheartedly agree. We have far more important things to discuss than this crap
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2016, 06:09:26 PM »

I wholeheartedly agree. We have far more important things to discuss than this crap
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2016, 06:17:32 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2016, 06:20:29 PM by Eternal Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Roll Eyes

These attacks are so hilariously moronic on so many fronts that I'm having a hard time believing the accusers are actually serious. Then again, I suppose this is the party that claimed I was not sufficiently active to be president back in June (seriously, WTF?), so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they would resort to clownish double standards and misrepresentations of fact to prop up their own failing campaign.

But let's give them the benefit of the doubt. Surely, if these individuals believe taking a break from politics disqualifies one from ever holding national office again, they would be prepared to apply that standard equally? For example, they would never have considered supporting Lumine for vice president four months ago, seeing as he took an extended break from the game last November (when the situation was just as dire as it had been two months before, when Blair left for less than a month). Oh, wait - none of them had any problem with Lumine's record, nor did it bother them that Tmth left the game for almost a year before returning to run for Midwest Governor. Huh.

Let's be honest: these "concerns" are nothing more than the last, desperate attempt of a defeated party to whip up enough faux outrage to rescue their dying electoral prospects. There was a time when I would have been surprised by this sort of conduct - especially from a party that claims to fight for a "more welcoming Atlasia" - but I guess this is the world we live in now. What a shame.

No one on this thread ever challenged Blair's right to return, participate or run for President. What was challenged is his claim to have always fought, it is his whole campaign theme. This came just after he questioned my commitment to my campaign theme, therefore my supporters saw it as fair game.

I wanted a completely positive campaign. I never have mention Blair in a negative light in my speeches, I have referred to him as my distinguished opponent, and I have not  sent anything critical of him in any of my PMs, but I have confirmation he has not been extending me the same courtesy.

You say we have a failing campaign. Well, Truman, lets see you hop into a race two weeks late, because a previous candidate was driven off, go through the worst Hurricane since Floyd and still put up a campaign. Some polls now even have me ahead, which wasn't the case before.  

The whole reason I am in this race, is because a previous candidate found himself facing such negativity and hostility, that he decided this game wasn't worth it anymore and left. I am all for people returning, and being active, it is part of my platform for heaven's sake. However, there comes a point where the tactics have to be examined and when people are leaving, perhaps you are going too far.

All right.  I was asked to have a look at this lovely discussion here and give my input.  I've been feeling like sht the entire day and didn't get to this until now, so I'm glad we're getting some level of civility back in this thread.

I don't really have anything to say beyond what LLR has relayed.  I wasn't around for half the sht that's been mentioned in this thread and I really don't care to go back and get in on all the details.  I really don't.  I rejoined this game because I wanted to debate bills and run for stuff.  I freely admit to being an asshole on this site pretty much in general, but most of the "attack dog" BS in this game is childish and ultimately counterproductive when we end up losing valued and active members (Tmth being one) because of it.

If you want to attack a party's record, fine.  But let's steer away from the personality cultism that has dominated the culture of this game for far too long.

What was used against Tmth was disgusting and disgraceful. Had nothing to do with Atlasia and frankly the people who engaged it in should have been ashamed of themselves. And frankly I find it galling when people are claiming moral outrage over us critiquing Blair's theme the same way he critiqued mine, and yet I didn't see any equivalent criticism or self examination when worse tactics were used by use guys.

There is no equivalency here.

Dfw encourages someone to run for President - outrage.
Meanwhile Labor registers people during an election and has them vote in the same election, which has never been allowed before or tolerated. Perfectly fine

Blair questions my Welcoming Theme, so Leinad/dfw question Blair's Fighting Theme - Outrage
Yet Labor is spamming voters with negative attacks on me and exploiting anti-Yankee hostilities via IRC to divide Atlasia and win the election. Perfectly fine

I must say I am thoroughly disappointed Scott and Truman. We could have had a 100% positive campaign, despite Tmth's departure and the events motivating. Clearly Labor didn't want that. Winning matters more than anything else, which is exactly what I warned about two months ago, when Blair assured us that things had changed now that he was running the party and yet since then, things have only gotten worse.  
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2016, 06:42:25 PM »

^ wasn't AZ a federalist when he did that tho Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2016, 06:51:03 PM »

I am pretty sure Arizona is Harambe territory these days, though that might have changed.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2016, 07:27:40 PM »

I must say I am thoroughly disappointed Scott and Truman. We could have had a 100% positive campaign, despite Tmth's departure and the events motivating. Clearly Labor didn't want that. Winning matters more than anything else, which is exactly what I warned about two months ago, when Blair assured us that things had changed now that he was running the party and yet since then, things have only gotten worse. 

What the hell did I do? Huh  All I did was talk with some Labor leaders about Peebs' bizarre decision (at the time) to join Tmth's ticket and 1184AZ's obnoxious party-jumping after he sponsored what I thought to be a radical bill.  I didn't tell or try to coerce anyone into doing anything.  In fact, I even told Adam and Blair and company about how upset I was after Tmth left.  I'm mostly in the dark about the shenanigans that go on here because I don't like being a party to them.

Please clarify what you meant by that, because I've done nothing to try and exclude people.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2016, 08:19:39 PM »

What the hell did I do? Huh  All I did was talk with some Labor leaders about Peebs' bizarre decision (at the time) to join Tmth's ticket and 1184AZ's obnoxious party-jumping after he sponsored what I thought to be a radical bill.  I didn't tell or try to coerce anyone into doing anything.  In fact, I even told Adam and Blair and company about how upset I was after Tmth left.  I'm mostly in the dark about the shenanigans that go on here because I don't like being a party to them.

Please clarify what you meant by that, because I've done nothing to try and exclude people.

I wasn't accusing you, I was trying to indicate that portion of the post was in response to both you and Truman. I see now why that sentence could be confusing. I am disappointed in what has been happening, not disappointed "in" you and Truman if that makes sense.

Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2016, 08:22:36 PM »

Endorsed.

This may not be the best time to do this (mainly because my phone is almost out of battery), but I can assure you that Blair and Kingpoleon are the best people for this job. I've been here for months, but I only just recently got involved, and it was all thanks to the Labor Party leadership. They convinced me to become more active, and now I have brought the Northern Assembly into action just as inaction began to plunge us into a recession.

I've sent a lot of PMs to Blair and Truman, and they respond every time. In these PMs, they have been nothing but kind, helpful, and welcoming to me. Whenever I have a question I just ask one of them, and they respond. They're policies are also great and will help Atlasia immensely.

As for the negativity that's currently in Atlasia, it's not helpful and both sides need to tone it down. There's a fine line between healthy amounts of negativity and not good amounts.

Anyway, I trust Blair and Kingpoleon to do a good job as President and Vice President. They have good experience and I know that, despite what some have been saying, will fight for Atlasia and every one of its citizens 110%.

And my battery is going fast, so I'll have to end this here and find where I put my charger.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2016, 08:23:37 PM »

I wasn't accusing you, I was trying to indicate that portion of the post was in response to both you and Truman. I see now why that sentence could be confusing. I am disappointed in what has been happening, not disappointed "in" you and Truman if that makes sense.

Oh, I misunderstood.  My bad. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2016, 09:35:04 PM »

Who benefited from his actions, though? Sure wasn't the Federalist candidates.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2016, 09:45:22 PM »

Of course it was the Labor candidates that benefited, but Yankee acted like this was a top down Labor plan to win the Southern Races. I mean this "vast Federalist conspiracy" that we the Laborites will do anything, short of murder, is pretty darn silly.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2016, 09:58:38 PM »

I don't want to derail this thread any more than it already has been, but just to be clear: 1184AZ acted entirely of his own volition when he voted for Peebs and Gothic. His activities over the past week (my use of that word is deliberately vague because I still do not know what all he was up to) were not in any way directed by or coordinated with the Labor Party leadership. We did not ask him to vote for us, and we certainly did not ask him to campaign for us; to the contrary, I had him down as a likely Fed voter up until the moment his ballot was cast. I was just as surprised as you were to see that he had voted the way he did.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2016, 10:57:05 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2016, 11:03:41 PM by Fmr. Representative 1184AZ »

Blair a few questions

1.How do you respond to allegations by some in both Labor and the Feds that you and Adam ran a smear campaign  behind the scenes against Tmthforu94 that damaged his record, contributing to his exit from the race and game?

2.What would you describe as your greatest weakness and how do you compensate for it?  

3.What assets does your running mate bring to the table in both your campaign and potential administration?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2016, 03:16:30 PM »

1. I was upset that Senator Tmth withdraw from the race; we were both preparing for what I believed would have been a very energetic and broad debate about the direction of Atlasia. Whether it was working back in 2015 on the resettlement of Refugees, or working together to protect LGBT+ rights I always found him extremely easy to work with in the game. I didn't run a smear campaign against Tmth- I send out PM's that contrasted my own progressive views with his- as we had key disagreements on the issue of abortion rights, the minimum wage and many other issues. As many others have said in this election it's about creating contrasts- I still believe that I'm the most prepared, the most energetic and the most bold person running for the Presidency.

2. My greatest weakness- probably not paying attention to the political winds. I launched a rather ill timed run for Governor last year, and another run for the Labor nomination back in February. People told me in February that I should have dropped out and waited till June but I didn't. I believed back then that I had a bold vision, and plan to offer Atlasia; and I still believe that. On a lot of issues in Atlasia I also put my cards on the table; which can sometimes lead to people to vote against me because they don't like my policy on 'x, y or z'. I'd say to people that my views on the issues are imporant; but we're not electing a policy paper (although I'll be putting one out tonight) but rather someone who has been battle tested in the last 12 months of Atlasia. I've got my scars; and believe me I've fought for this game.

3. Kingpoleon is a great pick in my rather unbiased view; I've always had a great working relationship with him from the moment that he became an assembly member in the Northeast when I was Governor. His best asset is his focus on policy, and his independent streak- I know that I can go to him with policy issues and decisions and trust his judgement. We had a long discussion at the start of the campaign about his role on the ticket and I made clear that not only would he have a seat at the Cabinet table, but also that I'd give him a foreign policy brief of his own and that I'd want him to play a large role in my economic reform package that I'll be talking about later.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2016, 03:43:52 PM »

It's the Economy Stupid: How to Save Atlasia's Regions

Friends, I’ve always said in this campaign that we need to put forward truly bold ideas to fix Atlasia-and today I’m going to approach the vital issue of our regions.

As some of you will know I served as Governor of the Northeast for two terms- I have direct experience in fixing our regions in Atlasia. I brought the Northeast back together after a bitter referendum, and we achieved a lot. We filled all our assembly seats, had an active cabinet, passed a stimulus bill, cut taxes for working families, lowered unemployment by 30%, created anti-poverty centres and made the Northeast the beating heart of Atlasia. I’m proud of these achievements. They show I’ve got the experience in getting the regions to work again- so next time someone says to you that I’m not experienced enough tell them to look at the Northeast.

However it’s not enough to coast on the success of the past- our regions are in decline. We’ve got a great candidate in Mike Wells in the North who’s been an active assembly member, and a great acting Governor in the Pacific with Gaworth who’s a rising star in Atlasia. However restoring the regions is not a one person job- it requires a real leadership.

We first need to address the major problem which is the regional offices- when they do get filled they get filled for a short amount of time, and as we’ve seen in the North they’re sometimes occupied with members being away for weeks and months. I’ll set up a pinned regions board to show what offices are filled, when elections are coming up and to give a general overview of the state of our regions. In the Game Audit I have planned I’ll mandate an entire section for the regions to help plan how to improve them and I’ll have two meetings per month with the Governors to talk about issues from Economics to game activity. The regions too often feel like a side show on Atlasia- it’s time to bring them in.

Another way I’d do this is by bringing them into the budget process; this would mean allowing them to debate what funding they get, what projects are set up and what industrial strategy should be taken. The example of the 2024 Olympics in the Pacific are a brilliant example of where the Freemont and Federal governments can work together to forge a new vision.

If you want my regional strategy in one borrowed phrase then ‘‘it’s the economy stupid’’. The regional rates of unemployment are too high; and there’s a lot that the Federal Government can do to help this. I’d create a bi-partisan Infrastructure committee to deal with big projects to fix Atlasia’s failing infrastructure, I’d proof our airports, ports and vital assets against the impacts of climate change and set up regional investment banks to help small businesses.

One flagship policy I’d consider looking into with the help of the regions would be the creation of a high speed rail project; not only would this help boost the regional economies but it would move commuters, and cargo off the roads. I’d want this scheme to go hand in hand with my ‘three’ cities scheme which would select three cities from the three regions where new creative policy such as car free zones, cycle hires, specialist tax credits, infrastructure projects and housing co-ops could be created.

We need creative thinking for our regions; of course activity is a major problem for the regions but another major problem is that we’re sometimes a bit too straightforward in addressing our regions. Much like the states the regions should be the Laboratories of invention in Atlasia.

Blair's Plan to Save the Regions

1. A Game Audit of the Regions: I want to talk to Senators, Governors, Assembly members and voters about what works in our regions and what doesn't. I'll launch a section of my game audit specifically for the regions.

2. A Pinned regions Board: I'll aim to get a pinned board to show what regional offices need filling, when elections are coming up and other need to know information about our regions to ensure that they stay healthy.

3. Round Table with Governors: I'll message, and meet with the three Governors through IRC channels twice a month to discuss important regional issues like economic growth and activity.

4. GM:In my reforms of the office of GM I'll legislate for more events to affect the regions, to expand the 'Crisis' system to the regions and to make them the centre of focus in Atlasia.

5. Regional Budgets: I'll work with all Governors, the GM and Congress not just to build a Federal Budget but also to help the regions set their own budget.

6. Economic Revitalization: I'd work with the regions to deliver much needed boosts to the regions; this includes regional investment banks, specific regional tax credits and infrastructure investment plans.

7. High Speed Rail: My Flagship policy to spur activity in the regions would be to begin discussion about a high speed rail network across Atlasia.

8. Three cities Project: I'll select three cities from the regions where the federal government can work with Regional governments to trial, and pioneer truly bold policies to transform urban life.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2016, 05:57:30 PM »

I don't want to derail this thread any more than it already has been, but just to be clear: 1184AZ acted entirely of his own volition when he voted for Peebs and Gothic. His activities over the past week (my use of that word is deliberately vague because I still do not know what all he was up to) were not in any way directed by or coordinated with the Labor Party leadership. We did not ask him to vote for us, and we certainly did not ask him to campaign for us; to the contrary, I had him down as a likely Fed voter up until the moment his ballot was cast. I was just as surprised as you were to see that he had voted the way he did.

I'm pleased to hear that Labor was not party to his actions. With that said, I'm far too familiar with one's party being damaged by the actions of a single renegade member. People are going to see his actions and judge based on that and based on the circumstances. Given what I have seen in the past in terms of tactics embraced by both Labor and other parties, I'm really not surprised that something like this happened.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2016, 06:38:44 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies