Fight for Atlasia: Blair/Kingpoleon 2016 (Statement) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:54:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Fight for Atlasia: Blair/Kingpoleon 2016 (Statement) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fight for Atlasia: Blair/Kingpoleon 2016 (Statement)  (Read 7075 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: September 22, 2016, 08:54:21 PM »

Thanks for that statement, Blair

also:

Nope Tongue
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 05:15:12 AM »

This all seems like a way to weasel out of the fact that Labor has been doing some "interesting" things in recent voting. Also, if we want to mention past affairs we could always bring up a certain South American escapade, will you run to South America again if things don't go well in your Presidency?

Yeah, Blair keeps talking about how he's a "fighter," but when we needed a pro-Atlasia fighter on the left after Adam was banned last year, Blair left the game.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 05:52:30 AM »

I left the game for a month, under the view that preparing to go to university was something I should focus on. I spend a month away from the game, and I missed it. I game back, served in public office and have been active for the last 13 months.

Well, you *did* have enough time to play Mock Parliament (I did too, yes, but I also stayed active in Atlasia), and all the crap in Atlasia *was* hitting the fan at that time--it's not misleading in the slightest to say that you prioritized Sudamerica over Atlasia at the time when Atlasia needed you, as harsh at that sounds, because you literally did.

Yes, you have done good things for Atlasia since then, but these are simply facts, and you can't erase history.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 06:13:30 AM »

I left the game for a month, under the view that preparing to go to university was something I should focus on. I spend a month away from the game, and I missed it. I game back, served in public office and have been active for the last 13 months.

Well, you *did* have enough time to play Mock Parliament (I did too, yes, but I also stayed active in Atlasia), and all the crap in Atlasia *was* hitting the fan at that time--it's not misleading in the slightest to say that you prioritized Sudamerica over Atlasia at the time when Atlasia needed you, as harsh at that sounds, because you literally did.

Yes, you have done good things for Atlasia since then, but these are simply facts, and you can't erase history.
Please explain me why leaving the game and being back later is a bad thing???

It's a question of judgement--Blair was Senate Speaker, and had just came within one vote of being Northeast Governor, and then somehow finds himself too busy for Atlasia, yet not too busy for Sudamerica, at a time when Atlasia was truly in an existential crisis.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 06:22:49 AM »

Please explain me why leaving the game and being back later is a bad thing???

It's a question of judgement--Blair was Senate Speaker, and had just came within one vote of being Northeast Governor, and then somehow finds himself too busy for Atlasia, yet not too busy for Sudamerica, at a time when Atlasia was truly in an existential crisis.
Well excuse me but this game isn't an obligation. If anyone wants to stop it they can. It's better to leave this game rather than being inactive and trolling this game by holding offices.

Of course, but we clearly know that he could've been active, since he was active in Mock Parliament during this time.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 06:46:30 AM »

EVERYBODY PLEASE CALM THE HELL DOWN

This is why I left Labor - I can't stand this party bickering. If we could just stop the damn screaming, maybe we could actually solve the problems, and they are grave, that face us today. Just because you don't belong to the same party, or endorse the same candidate, doesn't mean you need to throw attacks about insignificant things that happened 2 damn years ago. And if this was happening in Yankee's thread, you know I'd be saying the same thing, so don't get yourself in that argument. I'm disgusted by this behavior, and it's indicative of the bigger problems that face us. So can we please just calm down?

First of all it was barely more than 1 year ago not 2--I'm not sure what method of rounding you're using to turn 13 months into 24.

Second of all, this is about his record, and where it clearly doesn't align with his message. Blair's slogan is "Fight for Atlasia," and that's exactly what he didn't do (again, I'm sorry to say this is a fact).

And lastly, this is an elections game, if we don't bicker about the other party's record, what is there to do? Tongue Of course I'm partially joking, but informing voters of another candidate's record is a part of elections, unless you want this to be a game of dueling Pravdas. Many Laborites including Blair himself on this very page have done that to Federalists, and while some attacks in Atlasia definitely cross the line, I don't see how a simple vetting of the candidates is "disgusting."
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 06:52:43 AM »

EVERYBODY PLEASE CALM THE HELL DOWN

This is why I left Labor - I can't stand this party bickering. If we could just stop the damn screaming, maybe we could actually solve the problems, and they are grave, that face us today. Just because you don't belong to the same party, or endorse the same candidate, doesn't mean you need to throw attacks about insignificant things that happened 2 damn years ago. And if this was happening in Yankee's thread, you know I'd be saying the same thing, so don't get yourself in that argument. I'm disgusted by this behavior, and it's indicative of the bigger problems that face us. So can we please just calm down?

First of all it was barely more than 1 year ago not 2--I'm not sure what method of rounding you're using to turn 13 months into 24.

Second of all, this is about his record, and where it clearly doesn't align with his message. Blair's slogan is "Fight for Atlasia," and that's exactly what he didn't do (again, I'm sorry to say this is a fact).

And lastly, this is an elections game, if we don't bicker about the other party's record, what is there to do? Tongue Of course I'm partially joking, but informing voters of another candidate's record is a part of elections, unless you want this to be a game of dueling Pravdas. Many Laborites including Blair himself on this very page have done that to Federalists, and while some attacks in Atlasia definitely cross the line, I don't see how a simple vetting of the candidates is "disgusting."
I'm glad you're recognizing yourself that your attack is dumb and that your only goal is to "joke" lol
[/quote]

I think my context makes it obvious that only one sentence of that was partially a joke--the "what is there to do" part, and I think we all knew that. Tongue
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 07:05:01 AM »

And yet, who invited me to Atlasia in the first place? Oh right, it was you

And who invited Hamilton to Atlasia in the first place? Oh right, it was Yankee

The difference: Yankee didn't make attacking Hamilton a major issue of his campaign.

You honestly fail miserably in your attack dog role

Well, you guys' best defense is to apparently say that vetting candidates is "disgusting," so...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies