Did Trump really mock reporter's disability? be fair
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:59:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Did Trump really mock reporter's disability? be fair
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Did Trump really mock reporter's disability? be fair  (Read 1165 times)
wolfsblood07
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2016, 04:13:57 PM »

No way.  Not a chance.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2016, 04:18:54 PM »

This is an issue where the contrast couldn't be more clear.

Hillary Clinton spent her formative years advocating on behalf of disabled children, doing the legwork and research necessary to demonstrate that many of these children were being denied an education.  Thanks to her tireless devotion, the rate of disabled children with access to public education has significantly improved.

Donald Trump thinks disabilities are something to mock people for.  It is no surprise that a man who had an inheritance handed to him, and built on his fortune through stealing and lying, lacks basic empathy.  Donald Trump gains his confidence from picking on those he perceives to be weaker than him.  The truth is, people with disabilities are a hell of a lot more impressive than Donald Trump, a man who has accomplished nothing good with his life, and who has humiliated the United States in a way that can never be forgotten.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2016, 04:32:25 PM »

It makes no difference. People believed it because Trump is the kind of person who would do such a thing. If people saw Romney, Obama or Hillary doing that, most would assume it was taken out of context or that their intentions were mistaken. Trump is a mean spirited sociopath, that's why the attack sticks.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2016, 04:46:46 PM »

He never made the arm gestures regarding any other journalists misreporting him or whatever. He never made the arm gestures at Ben Carson for being crazy. He's literally only done it in this case.

That should be enough.
Wrong.  Read Ann Coulter's articles and learn the truth.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2016, 04:52:23 PM »

He never made the arm gestures regarding any other journalists misreporting him or whatever. He never made the arm gestures at Ben Carson for being crazy. He's literally only done it in this case.

That should be enough.
Wrong.  Read Ann Coulter's articles and learn the truth.
When these two phrases share a sentence, you know you're in trouble.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2016, 04:53:14 PM »

He made fun of disabled people, period. Whether he mocked the reporter or not, Trump still made fun of people who have a disability like that. No pass.

People who blow off 25% of working Americans as "deplorable" have kind of punted on their right to judge here.

Trump certainly didn't even try to avoid the appearance of mocking the guy; he was wrong for that.  
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2016, 04:58:10 PM »

He made fun of disabled people, period. Whether he mocked the reporter or not, Trump still made fun of people who have a disability like that. No pass.

People who blow off 25% of working Americans as "deplorable" have kind of punted on their right to judge here.

Good thing we've never done that then.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2016, 05:02:35 PM »

Your candidate has. 
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2016, 05:12:33 PM »

Your candidate has. 

And she apologized for saying "half" (which is way more than Trump has ever done). The truth is that a growing segment of the population are buying into bigoted rhetoric and the vast majority of them are the most ardent Trump supporters, which should be a huge red flag.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2016, 05:16:30 PM »

Your candidate has. 
Umm... Trump got about 13.5 million primary votes. Since there are about 151 million employed Americans, this comes out to less than 5%. Even if you assume that 60% of employed are white (VERY generous given that 63% total is white, and minorities are disproportionately unemployed), this still comes out to about 7.5%. And, besides, she has had the decency apologize for those comments, something which Trump seems to have an allergy to.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2016, 05:25:56 PM »

Re: Did Trump really mock reporter's disability? be fair

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2016, 05:27:55 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2016, 05:31:25 PM by Fuzzy Bear »

Your candidate has.  
Umm... Trump got about 13.5 million primary votes. Since there are about 151 million employed Americans, this comes out to less than 5%. Even if you assume that 60% of employed are white (VERY generous given that 63% total is white, and minorities are disproportionately unemployed), this still comes out to about 7.5%. And, besides, she has had the decency apologize for those comments, something which Trump seems to have an allergy to.
I don't recognize "walking back her comments" as an apology.

Hillary hates the kind of culturally conservative voter that tends to support Trump, even if they're not conservative on all issues, and even if they were, at least once, tempermentally Democrats.  Personally, I believe this goes back to the days when she was First Lady of Arkansas; those backward rubes voted her husband out of office because she wouldn't take his name.  (I believe that she's hated having to do this every day since she decided to, and hates the people who "insisted" she do it to get ahead.  That may be Streetcorner Psychology, but voters have to do the best they can in sizing up what a Presidential candidate will ACTUALLY do if elected.)

From my vantage point, I see a Presidential candidate (Hillary Clinton) who thinks more of illegal aliens over certain American citizens.  ("If we gave these folks amnesty, they'd vote for ME.")  I see a Presidential candidate who thinks more of folks who receive public assistance and have children out of wedlock over folks that work and attempt to stay married in tough circumstances because the former group is more likely to vote for HER.  (I assure you that if Hillary's road to the White House were through being the wife of a REPUBLICAN President, she'd be telling Welfare Cadillac stories just like Reagan did.)  Trump's who he is, and I don't like everything about who he is, but Trump respects American citizens who work, all of them, and I don't believe Hillary does the same
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2016, 05:30:44 PM »

Hillary hates the kind of culturally conservative voter that tends to support Trump, even if they're not conservative on all issues, and even if they were, at least once, tempermentally Democrats.  Personally, I believe this goes back to the days when she was First Lady of Arkansas; those backward rubes voted her husband out of office because she wouldn't take his name.  (I believe that she's hated having to do this every day since she decided to, and hates the people who "insisted" she do it to get ahead.  That may be Streetcorner Psychology, but voters have to do the best they can in sizing up what a Presidential candidate will ACTUALLY do if elected.)

From my vantage point, I see a Presidential candidate who thinks more of illegal aliens over certain American citizens.  ("If we gave these folks amnesty, they'd vote for ME.")  I see a Presidential candidate who thinks more of folks who receive public assistance and have children out of wedlock over folks that work and attempt to stay married in tough circumstances because the former group is more likely to vote for HER.  (I assure you that if Hillary's road to the White House were through being the wife of a REPUBLICAN President, she'd be telling Welfare Cadillac stories just like Reagan did.)  Trump's who he is, and I don't like everything about who he is, but Trump respects American citizens who work, all of them, and I don't believe Hillary does the same.

Your candidate has.  
Don't get all sarcastic-blank-quotey on me! Tongue I'm not trying to defend her statement, all I'm saying is that it's not as bad as it might sound at first. It was still wrong, and it was still a mistake.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2016, 05:33:48 PM »

From my vantage point, I see a Presidential candidate who thinks more of illegal aliens over certain American citizens.  ("If we gave these folks amnesty, they'd vote for ME.")  I see a Presidential candidate who thinks more of folks who receive public assistance and have children out of wedlock over folks that work and attempt to stay married in tough circumstances because the former group is more likely to vote for HER.  (I assure you that if Hillary's road to the White House were through being the wife of a REPUBLICAN President, she'd be telling Welfare Cadillac stories just like Reagan did.)  Trump's who he is, and I don't like everything about who he is, but Trump respects American citizens who work, all of them, and I don't believe Hillary does the same.[/b][/i][/u]

Your candidate has.  
Don't get all sarcastic-blank-quotey on me! Tongue I'm not trying to defend her statement, all I'm saying is that it's not as bad as it might sound at first. It was still wrong, and it was still a mistake.

I mis-clicked the underlined part and corrected this. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2016, 05:36:48 PM »

He was mocking disabled report's graveling. But, that was bad PR regardless.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2016, 05:37:49 PM »

From my vantage point, I see a Presidential candidate who thinks more of illegal aliens over certain American citizens.  ("If we gave these folks amnesty, they'd vote for ME.")  I see a Presidential candidate who thinks more of folks who receive public assistance and have children out of wedlock over folks that work and attempt to stay married in tough circumstances because the former group is more likely to vote for HER.  (I assure you that if Hillary's road to the White House were through being the wife of a REPUBLICAN President, she'd be telling Welfare Cadillac stories just like Reagan did.)  Trump's who he is, and I don't like everything about who he is, but Trump respects American citizens who work, all of them, and I don't believe Hillary does the same.[/b][/i][/u]

Your candidate has.  

I mis-clicked the underlined part and corrected this. 

Your interpretation of the way Clinton and Trump feel about groups of people couldn't be further from mine.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2016, 06:02:31 PM »

Your candidate has.  

From my vantage point, I see a Presidential candidate (Hillary Clinton) who thinks more of illegal aliens over certain American citizens.  ("If we gave these folks amnesty, they'd vote for ME.")  I see a Presidential candidate who thinks more of folks who receive public assistance and have children out of wedlock over folks that work and attempt to stay married in tough circumstances because the former group is more likely to vote for HER.  (I assure you that if Hillary's road to the White House were through being the wife of a REPUBLICAN President, she'd be telling Welfare Cadillac stories just like Reagan did.)  Trump's who he is, and I don't like everything about who he is, but Trump respects American citizens who work, all of them, and I don't believe Hillary does the same

You might think that, but Trump seriously has you fooled. He cares about America and Americans about as much as he did his first wife, and probably even less. What has happened is that his campaign is and has been a scam to make more money. His uncanny ability to tap into the fears of the average rural white working man has given him another ability: to tap into their wallets. His charity has been used to help him personally, there's currently a thread right now about that. Trump University was all about him making money. Meanwhile, his campaign is buying thousands of copies of his own book, he's jacked up the cost of his rent at Trump tower, and he's still stiffing contractors (like the USA Freedom Kids) to pocket even more campaign funds. If there was a Republican incumbent and Hillary hadn't run, he'd be running off of his early 2000s positions (pro-choice, pro-UHC, pro-assault weapons ban) and fooling millions of liberals and bringing hardcore SJWs front and center instead of the Alt-Right. Trump only respects money and doesn't care who he has to insult or which country he has to tear down in order to get it.

Meanwhile Hillary Clinton has always been liberal, from her early days in Arkansas when she refused to take her husband's last name and helped children and families, to her success at giving millions children healthcare in the 1990s (and 8 million right now), to her constant fight for universal healthcare as First Lady, Senator, and in her 2008 presidential campaign, her working at the Children's Defense fund and helping to provide education to children with disabilities (while what is this thread about again?), helping New York after 9/11, and  initiated the creation of the Adoption and Safe Families Act, which protects abused children among other things. The groundwork for all these achievements (her activism and education in college) was laid out before she met Bill, but I'm sure she wouldn't have done any of that if Bill had been more right-wing. What Clinton has always aimed to do is give those who can't speak out a voice, to give those who are hidden with little social mobility a foundation to stand on. If you think there's a problem with trying to better the lives of immigrants and poor people, then sure vote for Trump, but if you want programs that help everyone, here is a website full of them.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2016, 06:43:17 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length