Trump implies Slavery/Segregation were better for blacks than the Obama Years
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:03:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump implies Slavery/Segregation were better for blacks than the Obama Years
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump implies Slavery/Segregation were better for blacks than the Obama Years  (Read 2272 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 20, 2016, 08:33:29 PM »

This just in: slavery and Jim Crow were easy on African-Americans, compared to the dreaded Obama Years! Time to let people know that having Obama as president was so much worse for African-Americans than being enslaved or segregated, I'm sure they'll be relieved to learn the plantation life and sitting at the back of the bus wasn't that bad!

Trump: “Our African-American communities are absolutely in the worst shape that they’ve ever been in before. Ever, ever, ever.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-african-american-communities_us_57e1b099e4b0e28b2b50d74c

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 08:41:23 PM »

What a racist piece of filth trump is.

This is reality!
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 08:44:15 PM »

This and all the criminal stuff coming out on this bastard should hurt badly.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 09:03:56 PM »

I'm genuinely starting to think Trump is trying to lose now--anytime he goes up in the polls his mouth springs another raw sewage leak.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 09:04:39 PM »

He's idiotic; African Americans are better off today than they were during slavery/segregation, but some of the minority-run cities are not doing good.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 09:05:48 PM »

Ugh, this guy has gone completely mental...
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 09:06:56 PM »

I mean, he is not saying this to get African American votes. He is saying this to get the racist votes.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 09:07:24 PM »

This is F-D UP!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 09:10:54 PM »

Really?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 09:16:37 PM »

South Park was right, he's trying to lose now. I may have to reconsider Jill Stein :/
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 09:23:33 PM »

Come on, guys. Hyperbole =/= intentional implication

This. As stupid as his statement was, I don't think he really meant to imply blacks were better off under Jim Crow or slavery. I doubt he thought that deep into it. I doubt he thinks deeply much at all honestly but who knows.
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2016, 09:25:09 PM »

He's playing to the white nationalist once again.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 09:25:53 PM »

What a racist piece of filth trump is.

This is reality!

yeah but what was black unemployment during slavery tell me that much - Donald Trump Jr.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2016, 09:28:59 PM »

I don't think that is the reasoning. Trump's team has told him that his biggest problem is with college white women, especially those who think he is racially insensitive. But I don't see how talking like this helps, even though I am guessing in his mind this is the way to solve his suburban mom problem. This is his way of saying "see look, I care about black people"
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2016, 09:36:52 PM »

I don't think that is the reasoning. Trump's team has told him that his biggest problem is with college white women, especially those who think he is racially insensitive. But I don't see how talking like this helps, even though I am guessing in his mind this is the way to solve his suburban mom problem. This is his way of saying "see look, I care about black people"

Yep, he is trying to get the vote of people who, mistakenly, do not consider themselves racist.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2016, 09:46:37 PM »

To be honest, white supremacists could see Trump as reassuring them that blacks are doing worse, and that everything is fine (their idea of the social order is preserved). I don't think that this is the primary message here, but it could be partly to shore up that portion of the vote (telling them that this is indeed their social order, and that he'll fight for them and not those blacks).
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2016, 10:18:38 PM »

This. As stupid as his statement was, I don't think he really meant to imply blacks were better off under Jim Crow or slavery. I doubt he thought that deep into it. I doubt he thinks deeply much at all honestly but who knows.

I mean, sure, I don't think he was intentionally trying to say that slavery was better for AAs, but you have to admit that this is another case of him not thinking before he opened his mouth. Even a tiny bit of thought could have avoided such an idiotic statement.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2016, 10:22:48 PM »

I mean, sure, I don't think he was intentionally trying to say that slavery was better for AAs, but you have to admit that this is another case of him not thinking before he opened his mouth. Even a tiny bit of thought could have avoided such an idiotic statement.

I mean he said "Ever, ever, ever." That much emphasis has to mean something beyond a lack of thought.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2016, 10:24:32 PM »

I mean he said "Ever, ever, ever." That much emphasis has to mean something beyond a lack of thought.

Maybe, but this is Trump we're talking about. I think opening his mouth before thinking is second nature to him.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2016, 10:24:55 PM »

F(inks)ing idiot.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2016, 10:26:00 PM »

Maybe, but this is Trump we're talking about. I think opening his mouth before thinking is second nature to him.

If he were some foreign businessman, perhaps. But as an American, he is obviously aware of the history of the Black community in this country. It's a matter of surface-level thinking here. The expression has to be deliberate or he's a complete buffoon.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2016, 10:29:53 PM »

If he were some foreign businessman, perhaps. But as an American, he is obviously aware of the history of the Black community in this country. It's a matter of surface-level thinking here. The expression has to be deliberate or he's a complete buffoon.

I dunno, I'm still gonna have to go with the latter on this one.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2016, 10:30:11 PM »

Yep, he is trying to get the vote of people who, mistakenly, do not consider themselves racist.

Pretty much.

This is aimed at on the fence voters who normally vote GOP, but are turned off by Trump's "open" racism, even though they are low-key racists themselves.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2016, 10:31:11 PM »

Considering in 2000 he called out David Duke for the obvious...
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2016, 10:33:19 PM »

Every time I hear Trump say something like this, I smirk a little because there's no way he's going to win if he keeps this up.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies