Opinion of the 2016 US Presidential Election thus far?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:33:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Opinion of the 2016 US Presidential Election thus far?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question:  Opinion of the 2016 US Presidential Election thus far?
Freedom Election

Horrible Election

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 107

Author Topic: Opinion of the 2016 US Presidential Election thus far?  (Read 3585 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2016, 03:09:25 PM »

Much like this years Austrian Presidential election, this is ...

The biggest trainwreck in this country's history.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2016, 03:13:26 PM »

Much like this years Austrian Presidential election, this is ...

Now that's something I am not looking forward to. It was bad enough last time.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2016, 03:36:33 PM »

Thuck fis election.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2016, 03:37:18 PM »

Can it be 2020 yet?
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2016, 03:52:41 PM »

This election has exposed two things about America:

1. White American men are by and large gullible troglodytes who are swayed by hyper-masculine posturing with zero substance.  They hate what they see as "PC Culture" (translation: treating others with respect and caring about women and minorities), and believe that a media and cultural elite is set against them, despite all evidence to the contrary.  This gullibility and hatred is inversely proportional to educational attainment.

2. Millennials care more about having the government solve all their problems for them than they do about the future of the country for everyone else.

Even if Clinton wins, this country is heading into a very dark place.  I am trying to resist curling up into a fetal position and weeping.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2016, 04:16:46 PM »

Big fan
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2016, 04:18:26 PM »

I like the memes it's given us.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2016, 07:07:38 AM »

Great election
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2016, 07:22:21 AM »
« Edited: September 22, 2016, 07:27:49 AM by White Trash »

1. White American men are by and large gullible troglodytes who are swayed by hyper-masculine posturing with zero substance.  They hate what they see as "PC Culture" (translation: treating others with respect and caring about women and minorities), and believe that a media and cultural elite is set against them, despite all evidence to the contrary.  This gullibility and hatred is inversely proportional to educational attainment.

2. Millennials care more about having the government solve all their problems for them than they do about the future of the country for everyone else.

Even if Clinton wins, this country is heading into a very dark place.  I am trying to resist curling up into a fetal position and weeping.

That's awfully spiteful don't you think? I can't imagine it's healthy to be this angry about something that will likely effect your life very little. Your cardiovascular doctor must be a very happy man.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2016, 07:29:52 AM »

Worse than those.

Humphrey and Nixon were men of substance.  (Nixon went astray later on, but that's another story.)  Gore and Bush 43 were considered Presidential.

No one's really going to be happy with the outcome of this election.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2016, 10:55:19 AM »

1. White American men are by and large gullible troglodytes who are swayed by hyper-masculine posturing with zero substance.  They hate what they see as "PC Culture" (translation: treating others with respect and caring about women and minorities), and believe that a media and cultural elite is set against them, despite all evidence to the contrary.  This gullibility and hatred is inversely proportional to educational attainment.

Even if Clinton wins, this country is heading into a very dark place.  I am trying to resist curling up into a fetal position and weeping.

That's awfully spiteful don't you think? I can't imagine it's healthy to be this angry about something that will likely effect your life very little. Your cardiovascular doctor must be a very happy man.

It will affect my life in the sense that the nation I live in will be more hateful, more divided, and a Donald Trump victory will be vindication for a very dark undercurrent of thought that permeates our culture.  Now, I realize I don't carry a lot of the insecurities that many white people do - I'm happy with my job, I'm in good financial shape, I'm in excellent health, and I have great relationships with the minorities I work with.  The changes in our culture don't threaten me in the least. 

If you're white and struggling, it's understandable to be upset, especially when movements like BLM seem to blame you and tell you how good you have it.  But instead of dialog, understanding, embracing new ideas, and seeing alternative points of view, people choose to get defensive and distrustful.  Donald Trump has stoked those flames throughout his campaign.  Now, even if Clinton is elected, Trump has nurtured something that will continue to plague our culture.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2016, 11:20:08 AM »

It will affect my life in the sense that the nation I live in will be more hateful, more divided, and a Donald Trump victory will be vindication for a very dark undercurrent of thought that permeates our culture.  Now, I realize I don't carry a lot of the insecurities that many white people do - I'm happy with my job, I'm in good financial shape, I'm in excellent health, and I have great relationships with the minorities I work with.  The changes in our culture don't threaten me in the least. 

If you're white and struggling, it's understandable to be upset, especially when movements like BLM seem to blame you and tell you how good you have it.  But instead of dialog, understanding, embracing new ideas, and seeing alternative points of view, people choose to get defensive and distrustful.  Donald Trump has stoked those flames throughout his campaign.  Now, even if Clinton is elected, Trump has nurtured something that will continue to plague our culture.

I totally agree that the effects of this election will be long reaching and Trump's rhetoric has been detrimental to class and race relations in America. However, to characterize an entire socioeconomic group as clueless "troglodytes" is rather tactless.
tonyreyes89
Rookie
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2016, 11:59:41 AM »

Very entertaining; my first election was 2000 so all I've known were polarizing bitter campaigns.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2016, 12:27:11 PM »

If this election turns out to really be this major turning point to the abyss, could it be immortalized through culture for centuries to come as history becomes legend and legend becomes myth...
especially because a lot of things that may have caused enough people vote a certain way were captured in seconds.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2016, 01:46:11 PM »

I totally agree that the effects of this election will be long reaching and Trump's rhetoric has been detrimental to class and race relations in America. However, to characterize an entire socioeconomic group as clueless "troglodytes" is rather tactless.

I'm so glad I will never be running for public office Smiley.

I didn't say "poor white American men."  I said "white American men."  No qualification for socioeconomic status.  And it's a characterization of about how a majority of us are acting, not how a majority of us actually are.  We (not just white people, but human beings) can do better.

This election has revealed nasty, nasty things about the electorate, and I have little hope for the future, regardless of who wins.  Most horrible election in modern US history.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2016, 09:47:32 PM »

Worst election in my lifetime, probably ever.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2016, 10:00:41 PM »

Horror of horrors.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2016, 10:36:27 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2016, 10:42:02 PM by Interlocutor »

From a political standpoint, worst election of my lifetime. A terrible lineup of flawed candidates on both sides,  lack of any substantive issues, and has unleashed a very ugly side of this country that won't be healed no matter the outcome.

From an entertainment standpoint, I'm loving every minute of it and already looking forward to Game Change 2016. This is truly one for the history books. If nothing else, I can say I saw two presidential candidates speak

I'm much more worried of what the 2020 election will bring us.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2016, 11:21:24 PM »

One picture sums it all up:

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2016, 09:35:09 AM »

The fact that we have a Republican nominee, who is a thin-skinned, uninformed, frequently lying and narcissistic fake billionaire who uses bigoted language alone makes this election horrible, despite the fact that I am a big supporter of Hillary Clinton. However, she also made mistakes with her handling of the e-mails and the foundation. Her favorables are concerning. But her shortcomings are peanuts compared to the orange-skinned clown. He is a disgrace beyond anything I thought possible.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2016, 12:32:27 PM »

Does the word HEINOUS give it justice? 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies