Dems For Trump Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:47:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Dems For Trump Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dems For Trump Megathread  (Read 1350 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 21, 2016, 12:35:30 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I think the Kennedys, and anyone who was on their payroll or even just merely admires (looking at you, Detective Munch) them fifty years later are pure scum, but this article from Politico was very, very interesting.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/rfk-trump-2016-democratic-party-speechwriter-214270
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 12:37:04 PM »

FDR. JFK. DJT. Purple heart The greatest ever!
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 12:45:24 PM »

Clinton gets the votes of big name Republicans--including the 41st President of the United States--while Trump gets liberals like Roseanne and a Democratic speechwriter from the 1960s. No comparison, Trump wins yet again. Adam Walinsky just ensured a Trumpslide.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 12:47:49 PM »

"The party of war" is pretty laughable considering he's endorsement is for Donald "I Love War" Trump.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 12:49:09 PM »

What a load of crap.

The Democratic party of the 1960s was far more hawkish then the Democratic party of today. Both JFK and Bobby were cold warriors at their core, and that remained so even as they drifted more to the left.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 03:27:42 PM »

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/rfk-trump-2016-democratic-party-speechwriter-214270
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 03:41:43 PM »

No you weren't
dspNY
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 03:46:35 PM »

RFK would be rolling in his grave; he was one of the first champions for Hispanic Americans in our politics
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 03:56:43 PM »

"The party of war" is pretty laughable considering he's endorsement is for Donald "I Love War" Trump.
Trump no doubt fancies himself a potential great war leader, but at the same time, he isn't actively trying to start a global nuclear war over some pissed off Crimeans like his rival. He wants to win the war that we (shouldn't) be in already, but he isn't starting any new ones.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 04:03:30 PM »

Trump no doubt fancies himself a potential great war leader, but at the same time, he isn't actively trying to start a global nuclear war over some pissed off Crimeans like his rival. He wants to win the war that we (shouldn't) be in already, but he isn't starting any new ones.
Wait... Clinton is the one who's going to start a nuclear war? Not the one who "wouldn't rule out" using nukes in frickin' Western Europe?

What in all hell...
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 04:25:05 PM »

Well for what it's worth Walinsky was always one of the young turks most vocally against Vietnam; I mean I could understand him voting Republican if someone like Ron Paul or a genuine anti-interventionist. Him voting for Trump is baffling; I mean how do you go from supporting the man who marched with Hugo Chavez to supporting the man calling Hispanic immigrants rapists
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 07:39:05 PM »

Wait... Clinton is the one who's going to start a nuclear war? Not the one who "wouldn't rule out" using nukes in frickin' Western Europe?

What in all hell...
Did you actually read the article? Even President Truman had kinder things to say about Stalin in times of grave international crisis. Hillary has made it clear that she has no intention of working with the Russians, who unlike literally everyone else, is the only nation capable of destroying us.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 08:30:34 PM »

Not a bad rationale.  It's a decent explanation of his thinking--I only read about half of it before my short attention span took over my frontal cortex, but I got the gist of it.

The problem is that Trump is a wild card.  Who knows what Trump's foreign policy will be.  One minute he's all about Obama being a foreign-born closet muslim, the next minute he's a native Islander.  I agree that Clinton is a Bush Doctrinaire and a power projectionist, but for all we know, Trump might just start World War Three.  It's hard to rely on a house built of cards.

Sorry for the mixed metaphor, but I'm sleepy.  My point is that as thoughtful as the reasoning is, the assumptions are hard to justify.

I'd encourage him to give Johnson, Castle, Lyttle, or Hedges a second look.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2016, 03:01:25 PM »

http://www.wsj.com/articles/party-loyalty-cant-make-me-vote-for-clinton-1474498244

Andrew Stein, is a lifelong democrat who was the Manhattan Borough President from 1978-1985 and New York City Council President 1986-1994 endorses Trump.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2016, 03:03:19 PM »

NYC Dems were a very different animal back then
Fusionmunster

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 03:03:42 PM »

Didn't we have an endorsement thread at some point? Anyway, you dont need to post every Tom, Dick and Jane politician who endorses Trump you know.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 03:04:37 PM »

Stein is a conservative Democrat. It could help in the outerboros. He's an antagonist of David Dinkins, I believe. It can help with white voters who hate Dinkins and Obama.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2016, 03:18:19 PM »

Stein is a conservative Democrat. It could help in the outerboros. He's an antagonist of David Dinkins, I believe. It can help with white voters who hate Dinkins and Obama.
Dinkins is old news, and Obama is popular with NYC whites, moreso than Clinton.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2016, 03:35:07 PM »

http://www.wsj.com/articles/party-loyalty-cant-make-me-vote-for-clinton-1474498244

Andrew Stein, is a lifelong democrat who was the Manhattan Borough President from 1978-1985 and New York City Council President 1986-1994 endorses Trump.

money launderers certainly love Trump, I admit.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2016, 05:03:50 PM »

I merged a couple of threads about Dems endorsing Trump so this will be a catchall like the NeverTrump thread.

NOTE: This thread is not for personal endorsements, just for prominent figures (politicians, celebs, business people, etc).
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2016, 08:50:17 PM »

This is going to be a pathetic thread full of D-List Democrats nobody's heard of.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2016, 08:53:01 PM »

This is going to be a pathetic thread...

In other words, appropriate for this entire board.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2016, 09:37:38 PM »

This is going to be a pathetic thread full of D-List Democrats nobody's heard of.

I wouldn't totally rule out Jim Webb endorsing Trump at some point, but yeah, that's about it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies