Don King uses The "N word" at rally, Trump laughs at it
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:53:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Don King uses The "N word" at rally, Trump laughs at it
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Don King uses The "N word" at rally, Trump laughs at it  (Read 1138 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2016, 07:06:09 PM »

So? King shouldn't have used it. President Obama has used the word "crackers" to white voters in his campaigns and got away with it.

crackers isn't offensive period.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2016, 07:10:39 PM »

So what Im getting from this is, its OK to use the N word if youre a black man supporting a Democrat, but if youre a black man supporting a Republican, its still racist.

Correct. 
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2016, 07:13:16 PM »

So? King shouldn't have used it. President Obama has used the word "crackers" to white voters in his campaigns and got away with it.

Says who?

Are only "special" people and groups allowed to "be offended"?  What's the criteria as to whose being offended will and won't be taken seriously?  Please let me know.  I want to be as special as everyone else.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2016, 07:15:27 PM »

Don King spent years in jail for committing manslaughter.  He's the exact sort of deplorable I envision would support Trump.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2016, 07:19:16 PM »

If this situation involved Hillary, this thread would be 100 pages long or more. The hypocrisy is stunning.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2016, 07:27:34 PM »

We really need to be less sensitive to this stuff, and more sensitive to the filth in our popular culture.
By the way, is it racist to laugh at old Richard Pryor comedy records?  He used the n-word in them, and it was funny.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2016, 07:30:34 PM »

We really need to be less sensitive to this stuff, and more sensitive to the filth in our popular culture.
By the way, is it racist to laugh at old Richard Pryor comedy records?  He used the n-word in them, and it was funny.

You mean filth like Trump?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2016, 07:57:58 PM »

Says who?

Are only "special" people and groups allowed to "be offended"?  What's the criteria as to whose being offended will and won't be taken seriously?  Please let me know.  I want to be as special as everyone else.

so you're going to take the route of people you continually call PC wusses? really?

The n-word is a word connected to a lot of pain and suffering. If you know anything about history you should know that. And I'm someone who cares about the context of words and can understand when a word is used in its proper context, it makes my blood boil when people try to ban books because of the n-words usage without understanding context (i.e. n Jim in Huck Finn). It is, however, a word with a lot of dark history and negative connotation.

Cracker, on the hand, is connected to no real pain or suffering. It's just a word that makes white people feel weird when they hear it. They weren't shouted that while hung, they weren't shouted that while their rights were being taken away, they weren't shouted that while being burned.

but if you choose to be "triggered" by the word cracker than be so, but don't complain about political correctness if you can't handle that, much less all the whining and complaining about a man not standing for the national anthem.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2016, 08:02:06 PM »

This is truly irrelevant. Donald Trump will not be brought down because someone in his presence said something offensive, and he laughed. It's his policies (or lack of) that will be decisive.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2016, 08:13:48 PM »

Says who?

so you're going to take the route of people you continually call PC wusses? really?

The n-word is a word connected to a lot of pain and suffering. If you know anything about history you should know that. And I'm someone who cares about the context of words and can understand when a word is used in its proper context, it makes my blood boil when people try to ban books because of the n-words usage without understanding context (i.e. n Jim in Huck Finn). It is, however, a word with a lot of dark history and negative connotation.

Cracker, on the hand, is connected to no real pain or suffering. It's just a word that makes white people feel weird when they hear it. They weren't shouted that while hung, they weren't shouted that while their rights were being taken away, they weren't shouted that while being burned.

but if you choose to be "triggered" by the word cracker than be so, but don't complain about political correctness if you can't handle that, much less all the whining and complaining about a man not standing for the national anthem.

I acknowledge the pain the one has caused.  But I have heard the other term used by black children with whom my now 11 year old goes to school with.  (And I have heard this; I'm not just making this up or re-tweeting some idiot's rant.)  These attitudes are not inborn; they are instilled by the adults in these children's lives.  I would like you to ponder the consequences of this for children (in this case, black children) that are growing up in a far more integrated society than ever before in which to succeed, they will have both the opportunity and the requirement to get along with white persons as peers. 

I'm all for civility.  But if "civility" is going to be a standard, it ought to be equally applied.  Black folks don't deserve to be degraded, but they don't deserve a free pass when they act in a degrading manner, either.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2016, 08:17:22 AM »

This is the filth in our popular culture.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies