WY-AL: DFM Research: Cheney up by sixteen
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:32:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WY-AL: DFM Research: Cheney up by sixteen
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WY-AL: DFM Research: Cheney up by sixteen  (Read 938 times)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 21, 2016, 02:29:07 PM »

https://www.scribd.com/document/324811878/WY-AL-DFM-Research-for-Ryan-Greene-Sept-2016

Cheney 46, Greene 30
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 02:31:40 PM »

Safe Cheney, nothing to see here.

I think the best thing we can hope for is that a tolerable Republican will defeat her in the 2018 primary, which I imagine is the last year before she'll be entrenched.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 02:31:51 PM »

She is underperforming Trump, who is up by 35, I believe. I still wish Cheney lost her primary, though.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 09:18:58 PM »

oh god please let this be a mega-secret pick-up. Greene can be booted out after the first term, I can live with that, but it would be soooooo good to have this as a mega-secret pick-up.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 10:24:31 PM »

oh god please let this be a mega-secret pick-up. Greene can be booted out after the first term, I can live with that, but it would be soooooo good to have this as a mega-secret pick-up.
Well, given how Barbara Cubin still won in 2006 of all years, with a popular Democratic governor (Freudenthal) on the ticket, the massive anti-Republican wave, Cubin's unpopularity and attacks against her disabled opponent, I don't think Cheney can lose. 2006 would have been literally the perfect storm for Democrats to pick up the seat, but if it didn't happen then, it won't happen now. Hopefully Republicans unite behind one opponent and primary Cheney out in 2018.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 10:45:44 PM »

Cheney will obviously win, but winning by that small of a margin in Wyoming would be absolutely humiliating.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 10:47:10 PM »

Well, given how Barbara Cubin still won in 2006 of all years, with a popular Democratic governor (Freudenthal) on the ticket, the massive anti-Republican wave, Cubin's unpopularity and attacks against her disabled opponent, I don't think Cheney can lose. 2006 would have been literally the perfect storm for Democrats to pick up the seat, but if it didn't happen then, it won't happen now. Hopefully Republicans unite behind one opponent and primary Cheney out in 2018.

yes i know it will never happen but damn it can't a man dream of shaming a Cheney?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 10:50:04 PM »

If Greene makes this remotely close, he should become Secretary of Energy, or at least Deputy Secretary of Energy.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 05:42:56 PM »

Basically Greene has all the people who would ever considering voting for a Democrat in the state. This state is just a bastion of conservatism.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 05:52:13 PM »

Basically Greene has all the people who would ever considering voting for a Democrat in the state. This state is just a bastion of conservatism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives_election_in_Wyoming,_2008

I know, big dem wave, but you said "ever consider" so.....
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 06:05:02 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives_election_in_Wyoming,_2008

I know, big dem wave, but you said "ever consider" so.....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives_election_in_Wyoming,_2006
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 07:06:28 PM »

The state may be very conservative, but plenty of people would consider (and even end up) voting for the right Democrat for governor (Dave Freudenthal, he won big in 2006), and for the House seat, people have split their tickets. Cheney will win, but she'll really underperform Trump. Hopefully she goes down in the 2018 primary.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 09:04:43 PM »

Anymore at least. Just a decade ago I wouldn't have said that.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies