Fox News: Trump leads by 3 in NV, 5 in OH, and 5 in NC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:11:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Fox News: Trump leads by 3 in NV, 5 in OH, and 5 in NC
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Fox News: Trump leads by 3 in NV, 5 in OH, and 5 in NC  (Read 4750 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2016, 06:23:33 PM »

Disgusting and sad. F-ck your country, Americans.
PresidentSamTilden

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2016, 06:24:51 PM »

Chill man, we're trying to fix this, lol
EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2016, 06:32:58 PM »

Post of the week winner here, folks. I honestly just about peed myself from laughing so hard.
HillOfANight
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2016, 06:38:36 PM »

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/778719655301042176
Nevada expert Jon Ralston

LV: 40% Ds, 40% Rs
* Actual reg is 40-34, Dems
* Trump gets 26% of non-white vote
EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2016, 06:41:04 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2016, 06:53:45 PM by EpicHistory »

I immediately call junk on the Nevada poll with Hispanics giving Clinton a narrow lead when actual Hispanic pollsters have her at over 70% and Trump at under 20%

All recent Nevada polls match the results of this one though. Back when PPP released their New Mexico poll, it was commented on that Trump appears to do decently with Western Hispanics (Who are more established than recent immigrants). Also, ethnic pollsters don't strike me as reliable, and it's been reported on recently that he's doing about Romney levels of support among Hispanics at worst.

But Republican internals are the gold standard, am I right?

Because the best way to get voters to go for your candidate is by insulting their nation?
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2016, 06:43:32 PM »

I agree. I'll consider moving to your country to continue to have clean water, air and food standards. If America is dumb enough to vote for the 19th century...Well, bye.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2016, 06:44:28 PM »

I agree. I'll consider moving to your country to continue to have clean water, air and food standards. If America is dumb enough to vote for the 19th century...Well, bye.
You're gonna be really upset when Trump annexes Canada
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2016, 06:45:49 PM »

Chill... it's one set of polls. We are going to get polls all over the shop.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2016, 06:48:01 PM »

Yay! The re-election will be an even bigger LANDSLIDE!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2016, 06:52:08 PM »

I think my IQ dropped a few points just from reading this thread.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2016, 06:58:54 PM »

Didn't state polls lag the national polls when trump had his recovery post-DNC? That's how I remember it, and I hope that's the case here.

They also lagged a bit after the DNC after Hillary jumped up to 8-15 points nationally.

As I have posted elsewhere national polls are leading indicators, and state polls are lagging indicators.

We need another legit national poll, combined with solid statewide polls over the next week to see if this is in fact the case.
PresidentSamTilden

« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2016, 07:00:40 PM »

I'm against trump by all means, but let's not pretend canada is an environmental paradise...

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2016, 07:03:38 PM »

Trump isn't going to win Nevada, and a win in NC will only be by the wispy hairs on his ass.
EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2016, 07:18:57 PM »

Trump isn't going to win Nevada, and a win in NC will only be by the wispy hairs on his ass.

There's been polls done by Rasmussen, Marist, Monmouth and now this that all show a Trump lead. Whether you refuse to accept this reality or not is on you, but the fact is that he is winning there now. No amount of shoving one's head in the sand is going to change that.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2016, 07:20:10 PM »

Latino Decisions has NV at 70-14 Clinton with Hispanics. Once you plug that into the Fox poll instead of their ridiculous 46-36 margin it becomes more believable.

Fox's North Carolina poll was 75% white after doing the math on the back of an envelope. I trust PPP there (tied to a VERY narrow Trump lead). They have the correct demographic sample in their home state.

Ohio I believe is a Trump lead but is the electorate really going to be 86% or 87% white? That's the number I came up with after doing the back-calculations. 80% white and 20% non-white is more probable
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2016, 07:22:14 PM »

I'm against trump by all means, but let's not pretend canada is an environmental paradise...

Reminds me of an old classic Canadian anthem "Oh Canaduh" from the early '80s from a band based out of BC right down the road from the major cities of the West Coast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixxcj2RsGo0&list=PLwaWPBdommvcFW3cTkx4lVHKpJiljLfej&index=2

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2016, 07:29:30 PM »

Why would you move from Oregon to Canada based upon overall environmental concerns???

Now, I would love to have a job in BC (Vancouver or Victoria), but not so sure that Canada is better on issues like forest management, air quality, fisheries, than the Pacific Northwest. Wink
PresidentSamTilden

« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2016, 07:55:18 PM »

Reminds me of an old classic Canadian anthem "Oh Canaduh" from the early '80s from a band based out of BC right down the road from the major cities of the West Coast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixxcj2RsGo0&list=PLwaWPBdommvcFW3cTkx4lVHKpJiljLfej&index=2

Nice, I can dig that. In turn, reminds me of a good one from closer to my neck of the woods, "O Pennsyltucky" by Mischief Brew...this is a little slower and less angry, haha, but still punk in it's own way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXSfZ4Op1QU
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2016, 07:56:25 PM »

Lmao
diskymike44

« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2016, 07:57:29 PM »

Have a snickers lol. You're seriously gonna believe a poll by Fox News?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2016, 07:59:52 PM »

Have a snickers lol. You're seriously gonna believe a poll by Fox News?

Fox News is biased, but their polling unit is independent and usually pretty good.
Ozymandias

« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2016, 08:25:10 PM »

Here are the Fox poll Senate results

Ohio
Portman (R) 51
Strickland (D) 37

North Carolina
Burr (R) 43
Ross (D) 37

Nevada
Heck (R) 43
Cortez Masto (D) 36

NC looks like an outlier compared to recent results, and so does NV to a lesser extent...
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2016, 08:57:09 PM »

Nice, I can dig that. In turn, reminds me of a good one from closer to my neck of the woods, "O Pennsyltucky" by Mischief Brew...this is a little slower and less angry, haha, but still punk in it's own way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXSfZ4Op1QU

Nice.... also seems to indicate part of the reason why Trump is losing hard in PA. Wink

Now, back to the thread at hand, I do believe that Clinton might well lose NV at the hands of "Angry SoCal Retirees".

For all of the assumptions and statements that some Red Avatars and Hillary backers make regarding the "Latino % of the electorate", and "PVI from 2008 and 2012", and "angry white suburban women", the reality is that Nevada is a state with an extremely large % of Anglo retirees, a ton of Middle-Class Vegas residents that saw their housing values collapse, Millennials that had a hard time getting their first job until a year or so back, and really is not a state where the "Clinton Brand" is gold standard.

Ohio is well a state that Trump might win (Although I think it's closer to Trump +3 at this point), The internal Ohio Union poll from yesterday showing Clinton only up 10% is a HUGE red flag.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2016, 09:03:14 PM »

Not surprising in the NC poll. What's going on tonight should probably help Trump. Democrats and far-far-leftist agitators have coddled these violent protesters for too long. This does not look good with swing suburbanite white voters in NC.
diskymike44

« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2016, 09:04:11 PM »

NC seems off, but I do think Trump is going to win there, because of the violence in Charlotte.  A possible exception is if McCrory/Burr/Tillis say something very racist to the media, but I would have Trump favored there as of tonight, sadly.

Why is it when there's ever a shooting or a bombing,  people say Trump will win.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies