Celebrity endorsement megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:00:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Celebrity endorsement megathread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Celebrity endorsement megathread  (Read 5989 times)
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 21, 2016, 06:34:08 PM »
« edited: September 21, 2016, 08:42:09 PM by Likely Voter »

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/21/west-wing-cast-campaign-hillary-clinton-ohio
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Also, many of them (including President Bartlett himself, Martin Sheen) appear in Joss Wheedon's new anti-Trump/register to vote PSA, as noted in the video thread.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=229709.msg5276477#msg5276477
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 07:25:08 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dewey_F._Bartlett

Oh, I thought you meant the Administration of former Gov. Dewey Bartlett (R-OK).

I could care less what Hollywood stars think.  The Hollywood Republicans just want to hoard their money.  The Hollywood Democrats just want to twist the arm of America until Middle America is forced to affirm their libertine lifestyles and condemn anything close to Biblical morality.  Hollywood is an all-out sewer, and I could care less about what anyone in the entertainment industry thinks.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 07:27:27 PM »

Oh, I thought you meant the Administration of former Gov. Dewey Bartlett (R-OK).

I could care less what Hollywood stars think.  The Hollywood Republicans just want to hoard their money.  The Hollywood Democrats just want to twist the arm of America until Middle America is forced to affirm their libertine lifestyles and condemn anything close to Biblical morality.  Hollywood is an all-out sewer, and I could care less about what anyone in the entertainment industry thinks.

You do realize that this post comes off as not normal? Sounds like Christian Sharia.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 07:37:43 PM »

Why the hell do you care whether they follow "biblical morality"? In fact, why should anyone who isn't a Christian give two flying f***s about "biblical" anything? You're usually one of the more articulate posters around here, so I'll let this slide, but man this sounds like bigotry.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 07:45:56 PM »

Why do Republicans get to define what "real America" is?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 07:50:12 PM »

Why do Republicans get to define what "real America" is?

From the days when their ancestors slaughtered America's indigenous peoples, to the present where they want to ban speech that offends them but decry 'political correctness' - it is always double standards.  One standard for them, and another for everyone else.

The wonderful truth is, 'Real America' is exactly those who these reactionaries despise.  And we are going to defeat Donald Trump, and defeat him badly!
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 08:05:42 PM »

Why the hell do you care whether they follow "biblical morality"? In fact, why should anyone who isn't a Christian give two flying f***s about "biblical" anything? You're usually one of the more articulate posters around here, so I'll let this slide, but man this sounds like bigotry.

Well, I'm anti-SSM.  That ship has sailed, I suppose, but if you want to judge me for that, go right ahead.  I base what is right and wrong on the Bible and not on Atlas norms.

That aside:  Hollywood has always been the bed-hopping, wife-swapping, drug/alcohol abusing capital of America.  Hollywood actors and actresses once had to put forth some sort of false front, but it's been wide-open for some time now.  It's not enough, however, for these folks to live their lifestyles as they want and not lose their mega-incomes; they want all of America to affirm the correctness of THEIR lifestyle choices.

And they're free to want this all they want.  But their wealth and fame has not provided them with wisdom.  They are, for the most part, fools.  Republican Hollywood is only better to the extent that they're more honest about the fact that they're money grubbers, and they have SOME belief in the need to at least project some restraint in their lifestyle.  (Of course, there's the unrestrained Mel Gibson who made the best movie about Christ ever and lives one of the least Christian lifestyles ever.)

This is a class of people who are full of themselves.  I don't care about their opinions.  I hope they all find Christ and get saved.  But I don't care about what any of them think.  I'm not a moviegoer or theater-goer, and I don't believe these folks have contributed to our society.  They're takers. 
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 08:12:56 PM »

Well, I'm anti-SSM.  That ship has sailed, I suppose, but if you want to judge me for that, go right ahead.  I base what is right and wrong on the Bible and not on Atlas norms.

That aside:  Hollywood has always been the bed-hopping, wife-swapping, drug/alcohol abusing capital of America.  Hollywood actors and actresses once had to put forth some sort of false front, but it's been wide-open for some time now.  It's not enough, however, for these folks to live their lifestyles as they want and not lose their mega-incomes; they want all of America to affirm the correctness of THEIR lifestyle choices.

And they're free to want this all they want.  But their wealth and fame has not provided them with wisdom.  They are, for the most part, fools.  Republican Hollywood is only better to the extent that they're more honest about the fact that they're money grubbers, and they have SOME belief in the need to at least project some restraint in their lifestyle.  (Of course, there's the unrestrained Mel Gibson who made the best movie about Christ ever and lives one of the least Christian lifestyles ever.)

This is a class of people who are full of themselves.  I don't care about their opinions.  I hope they all find Christ and get saved.  But I don't care about what any of them think.  I'm not a moviegoer or theater-goer, and I don't believe these folks have contributed to our society.  They're takers. 
ok, suit yourself. I still don't quite understand how SSM or "bed-hopping" (among consenting adults) is harming anybody, but whatever you say
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 08:19:31 PM »

Record for how fast a thread has gone utterly off the rails?

Also, the sort of person who watched The West Wing is almost certainly a Hillary Clinton supporter already, though I guess trying to lock down your base can't really hurt.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 08:25:29 PM »

ok, suit yourself. I still don't quite understand how SSM or "bed-hopping" (among consenting adults) is harming anybody, but whatever you say

It is the example that these things set for others.

Leaving the SSM issue out of it:  Consider the effect "bed hopping" has on marriages.  Consider the effect that parental adultery has on the personal happiness and well-being of children.  Consider the effect on our society when adultery is de-stigmatized, and there is little or no restraint on parents from having affairs.

Most folks who commit adultery don't have the honesty to admit that what they're doing could devastate their children in the end.  The examples of Hollywood dull the reality of this to the rest of folks.  And the ethic of Hollywood is one of self-gratification and one that rejects self-denial.  But the ethic of a society that cares about the outcomes of children growing up is one of self-denial and gratification delay, and one that places a premium on the virtue of loyalty and faithfulness.

The de-stigmatization of adultery has been great for adults, who can now be stigma-free.  It's been terrible for children, who now have a greater chance of seeing their parents' relationship being torn apart by unfaithfulness.  I'm not for a government jackboot solution for every ill of society.  But I'm not going to say that Hollywood's Libertines have done America any good, either.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 08:39:20 PM »

Let's not divert this thread into another ad nauseam "Hollywood is full of godless heathens" thing, let's just take that as a given and move on.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 09:12:38 PM »

Who do you guys have? Scott Baio? Lol
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 09:34:28 PM »

This could be deadly to the Trump campaign. Nothing is more likely to put a stop to one fictional candidate, than a different and more popular fictional candidate.
DS0816
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 10:45:30 PM »

How appropriately out of touch, Clinton Campaign!
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2016, 11:46:45 PM »

You know, Ritchie's "Crime.  Boy, I don't know" doesn't seem so bad these days.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 12:03:54 AM »

Let's not divert this thread into another ad nauseam "Hollywood is full of godless heathens" thing, let's just take that as a given and move on.

Does that include Donald Trump?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 12:06:53 AM »

Jeb Exclamation Point
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2016, 12:12:48 AM »

Martin Sheen cares about morality. But then he's not actually campaigning for Clinton.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2016, 12:19:13 AM »

Who TF do they think is going to swing in OH?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2016, 12:28:39 AM »

Martin Sheen cares about morality. But then he's not actually campaigning for Clinton.

Martin Sheen is, personally, pro-life, so there's some hope for Hollywood normalcy.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2016, 12:38:29 AM »

Sheen is a fantastic person and we shouldn't blame him for his horrible son.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2016, 12:58:47 AM »

Holy s[inks]t. Bradley Whitford got old really quickly. I didn't even realize that was him in the video until I skipped back and heard the voice.

ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2016, 03:09:52 AM »

Holy s[inks]t. Bradley Whitford got old really quickly. I didn't even realize that was him in the video until I skipped back and heard the voice.

Whitford will be 57 in October. He was already into his forties when he played Josh.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2016, 06:01:39 AM »

Given how painfully obvious it is that he knows nothing about the Bible or Christianity, pretty much. Clinton is more of a Christian than the Donald will ever be
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2016, 06:40:42 AM »

Given how painfully obvious it is that he knows nothing about the Bible or Christianity, pretty much. Clinton is more of a Christian than the Donald will ever be
So just what IS a Christian?

I've never said Trump is or isn't.  Or Clinton, for that matter.  I know what the Bible says about the saved and the lost, so you tell me how you arrived at your conclusion.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies