LA - SMOR - Kennedy and Boustany lead jungle, Fayard leads Campbell
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:03:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 Senatorial Election Polls
  LA - SMOR - Kennedy and Boustany lead jungle, Fayard leads Campbell
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LA - SMOR - Kennedy and Boustany lead jungle, Fayard leads Campbell  (Read 696 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 21, 2016, 07:41:12 PM »

Kennedy (R) 17%
Boustany (R) 15%
Fayard (D) 11%
Campbell (D) 9%
Fleming (R) 8%
Maness (R) 3%
Duke (R) 3%
Cao (R) 2%
Pellerin (D) 2%
Hebert (I) 1%
Patel (R) <1%
Undecided/Other 28%

Runoff: Generic R 43%, Generic D 33%, Undecided 24%

(For some reason Gary Landrieu wasn't included)

SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 07:45:41 PM »

60% of Black voters are still undecided, so there will be no R vs. R runoff.

Good. Boustany deserves to be no where near a senate seat. #KennedyOrBust
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 07:49:10 PM »

Sunrise, why don't you like Boustany?

Miles, just curious, who do you think Blacks will break for more, Fayard or Campbell?
I also imagine Landrieu (if included) would have got maybe 2 or 3% because of his last name.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 08:01:08 PM »

As long as Kennedy makes the runoff, he's got this.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 08:03:23 PM »

Duke is tied with a real candidate (Maness).
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 08:09:21 PM »

Landrieu is simply a perennial candidate who happens to have the same last name; the actual Landrieus have very publicly backed Caroline Fayard, even as JBE, who is quite popular, is running across the state for Foster Campbell. The goal here is obviously to split the Democratic vote as evenly as possible (differentiation is being kept minimal in the hopes of splitting the vote evenly, which is presumably why so many Democrats are undecided) and hope the Republicans all manage to drag each other downward. I'd imagine both finish in the high teens or low twenties in the end. The end result of the Kennedy/Boustany/Fleming pileup is unknowable, but I think the chances of 2 Democrats moving forward in a WA-Treas scenario is being underestimated (I noted in another thread that I think Caroline Fayard has a better chance of becoming a Senator than Patrick Murphy).
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 08:12:10 PM »

Landrieu is simply a perennial candidate who happens to have the same last name; the actual Landrieus have very publicly backed Caroline Fayard, even as JBE, who is quite popular, is running across the state for Foster Campbell. The goal here is obviously to split the Democratic vote as evenly as possible (differentiation is being kept minimal in the hopes of splitting the vote evenly, which is presumably why so many Democrats are undecided) and hope the Republicans all manage to drag each other downward. I'd imagine both finish in the high teens or low twenties in the end. The end result of the Kennedy/Boustany/Fleming pileup is unknowable, but I think the chances of 2 Democrats moving forward in a WA-Treas scenario is being underestimated (I noted in another thread that I think Caroline Fayard has a better chance of becoming a Senator than Patrick Murphy).
I'm starting to get a little worried about this race. Fleming, Maness and Cao should just drop out and endorse Kennedy or Boustany. Also, who would be favored if a Fayard vs. Campbell runoff occurs?
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 11:00:29 PM »

I'm starting to get a little worried about this race. Fleming, Maness and Cao should just drop out and endorse Kennedy or Boustany. Also, who would be favored if a Fayard vs. Campbell runoff occurs?

Campbell is known for being very anti-fossil fuels (so he'd provoke some spending against him from the very powerful oil industry in LA if he were in a runoff and had some serious chance at winning), and Fayard in general is just more conservative and has a less of a record to pin down than he does. I would actually be pretty confident of a Fayard victory in a runoff.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 11:11:57 PM »

Fayard worries me...I wish flemming would win....sigh...
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 10:49:26 AM »

Sure would be nice to get to choose between Fayard and Cao.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 08:23:33 PM »

Sunrise, why don't you like Boustany?

Miles, just curious, who do you think Blacks will break for more, Fayard or Campbell?
I also imagine Landrieu (if included) would have got maybe 2 or 3% because of his last name.

Boustany's taken money from J-Street and has a pretty bad record on foreign policy as a whole.

Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 09:52:06 PM »

^ Which is another reason he's better than Kennedy, Fleming, or Maness. Its nice that he's shown some independence on foreign policy.

Landry tried to play that card against him in the 2012 runoff, IIRC, but thankfully it didn't work.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 09:55:45 PM »

^ Which is another reason he's better than Kennedy, Fleming, or Maness. Its nice that he's shown some independence on foreign policy.
Miles, I'm curious as to who you think will do better with Blacks between Fayard or Campbell? I'm interested in seeing which of the two main Democrats is stronger with Blacks since there are so many undecided Blacks in this poll.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2016, 09:57:39 PM »

^ I've heard Campbell performing better with them. Yes, Kennedy has Mayor Landrieu's support, but Landrieu himself almost lost (or maybe actually lost) the black vote in New Orleans the last time he ran.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2016, 10:19:23 PM »

^ I've heard Campbell performing better with them. Yes, Kennedy has Mayor Landrieu's support, but Landrieu himself almost lost (or maybe actually lost) the black vote in New Orleans the last time he ran.

Do you mean Fayard? I can't see a Landrieu endorsing a republican.

Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 10:38:06 PM »

Do you mean Fayard? I can't see a Landrieu endorsing a republican.

Pretty sure he did mean Fayard, since earlier in this thread he mentioned that that's who the Landrieu family supports. I was also shocked to see that (Mitch) Landrieu did not do that well with Blacks in his most recent race. I thought that the Landrieus were really really popular among Blacks, as Moon Landrieu (Mary and Mitch's father) desegregated New Orleans.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 10:46:36 PM »

^ Yeah, dunno why I wrote Kennedy instead. Maybe if this were 2004...

Mitch Landrieu lost ground with black voters in 2014. He got about the same share of the vote in 2010 (66% vs 64%). I did the Landrieu vs non-Landrieu vote and did the swing - it breaks down pretty cleanly along racial lines:

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies