Trump may have just won NC for good
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:27:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump may have just won NC for good
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Trump may have just won NC for good  (Read 4586 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 21, 2016, 09:16:59 PM »

These riots won't help Democrats, because they'll be blamed for "inciting" tensions. White suburbanites turn out for Trump, and some of them switch from Clinton to Trump, blame the riots. Yes, it's blunt, but those voters care a lot more about their safety than social issues in my opinion.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 09:19:14 PM »

These riots won't help Democrats, because they'll be blamed for "inciting" tensions. White suburbanites turn out for Trump, and some of them switch from Clinton to Trump, blame the riots. Yes, it's blunt, but those voters care a lot more about their safety than social issues in my opinion.

As usual, you're wrong.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 09:21:18 PM »

As usual, you're wrong.
I don't think so. You think suburban voters like this? Tell me how I am wrong.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 09:25:05 PM »

Yeah, Burr is probably secretly glad about this.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 09:25:57 PM »

Yeah, Burr is probably secretly glad about this.
Burr and McCrory.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 09:28:51 PM »

As usual, you're wrong.

They may not "like" it, but it doesn't affect them in the slightest. Again (as has already been said by me and others), the people who would suddenly flip their vote to the other political party because of something like this don't exist. And the people who think this is some big ordeal are all already voting for Trump.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 09:30:29 PM »

It does affect them. Those mobs are coming to the suburbs to terrorize, if they can.

As usual, you're wrong.

They may not "like" it, but it doesn't affect them in the slightest. Again (as has already been said by me and others), the people who would suddenly flip their vote to the other political party because of something like this don't exist. And the people who think this is some big ordeal are all already voting for Trump.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 09:33:21 PM »

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if this was true, but it might also have the effect of galvanizing turnout among North Carolina's African American community when they see Trump, whom nearly all hold in contempt, come out in support of a local police force that kills and a legal system that systematically targets communities of color.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 09:34:55 PM »

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if this was true, but it might also have the effect of galvanizing turnout among North Carolina's African American community when they see Trump, whom nearly all hold in contempt, come out in support of a local police force that kills and a legal system that systematically targets communities of color.

True. BLM does the same to police as well. Let's not kid ourselves here. The movement supports Assata Shakur.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 09:35:08 PM »

You're like the definition of scared white person bronz.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 09:35:34 PM »

Didn't someone just shoot a protester dead because he didn't think he should be protesting?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 09:39:01 PM »

Didn't someone just shoot a protester dead because he didn't think he should be protesting?

I would think this would help Democrats in the state rather than hurt them. HB2 has been a disaster for the state, and the state is under full control of the GOP essentially, and this is happening under their "watch."
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 09:39:16 PM »

You're like the definition of scared white person bronz.

I'm not scared at all. I don't want this spilling in my neck of the woods or any other city. They can destroy the city all they want. It looks bad on the Democratic Party and Black Lives Matter's part, which is losing their message every single day.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 09:39:27 PM »

Also, as callous as it sounds to say this, I think events like this happening have become fairly baked in to people's views post-2014. Ferguson was a major, major event, an inflection point.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2016, 09:43:26 PM »

lol

No, the only people who are going to actively blame the Democrats for this are already voting for Trump, and would never have voted for Clinton to begin with.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2016, 09:45:21 PM »

lol

No, the only people who are going to actively blame the Democrats for this are already voting for Trump, and would never have voted for Clinton to begin with.

Swing voters may have a say. They're still around. How do you think a middle class family in Durham, N.C. feels tonight?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2016, 09:47:15 PM »

lol

Swing voters may have a say. They're still around. How do you think a middle class family in Durham, N.C. feels tonight?

Utterly fine, because they're in Durham, not downtown Charlotte
uti2

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2016, 09:47:28 PM »

Also, as callous as it sounds to say this, I think events like this happening have become fairly baked in to people's views post-2014. Ferguson was a major, major event, an inflection point.

Pat Buchanan actually predicted that Ferguson would cause a devastating loss for the Dems in midterms.

lol

Not necessarily, the question is if the NR-types and Charlie Sykes of the world hate BLM and SJWs more than they hate Trump. After the California protests back in June, many of them were actually subtly praising Trump in that context.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2016, 09:48:46 PM »

lol

Hopefully making them think about the systematic racism in our society.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2016, 09:48:57 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2016, 09:50:47 PM by heatcharger »

lol

Uh, I should remind you Durham County, Orange County, and pretty much the whole Triangle is one of the most Democratic places in the country, let alone the state. They are probably more sympathetic than reactionary.

Now the suburbs of Charlotte are a different story, but like many have said, the people who see this as "violent black thugs" already are voting for Trump.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2016, 09:49:17 PM »

lol

They're not going to remember this in November.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2016, 09:49:43 PM »

lol

Utterly fine, because they're in Durham, not downtown Charlotte

Those protesters are coming for the rest of the state. They're agitators. BLM should be ashamed for the lack of control.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2016, 09:49:57 PM »

None of this changes Trump from the person he is. He's still a psychopathic, unfit moron that he's always been.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2016, 09:51:24 PM »

lol

Hopefully making them think about the systematic racism in our society.

True, but some of those voters may see this BLM movement as anti-white. Both the police and BLM are to blame.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2016, 09:51:56 PM »

Pat Buchanan actually predicted that Ferguson would cause a devastating loss for the Dems in midterms.

lol

Not necessarily, the question is if the NR-types and Charlie Sykes of the world hate BLM and SJWs more than they hate Trump. After the California protests back in June, many of them were actually subtly praising Trump in that context.

I agree with Buchanan that Ferguson had an effect on those midterms. I think that's largely been widely accepted as the point when the national picture really turned ugly for Dems (that and Ebola)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies