Trump may have just won NC for good
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:06:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump may have just won NC for good
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Trump may have just won NC for good  (Read 4582 times)
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2016, 10:30:54 PM »

...a local police force that kills and a legal system that systematically targets communities of color.

BLM does the same to police as well. Let's not kid ourselves here.

Those protesters are coming for the rest of the state. They're agitators. BLM should be ashamed for the lack of control.

You're an idiot. Not to get back into the topic of your utter lack of understanding when it comes to race, but likening a loosly organized group of protesters (not agitators who come to the state to stir up trouble, but protesters who see something they feel needs to be protested) to the police to whom we intrust our lives is just about the dumbest comparison you can make.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2016, 10:32:07 PM »

...a local police force that kills and a legal system that systematically targets communities of color.

BLM does the same to police as well. Let's not kid ourselves here.

Those protesters are coming for the rest of the state. They're agitators. BLM should be ashamed for the lack of control.

You're an idiot. Not to get back into the topic of your utter lack of understanding when it comes to race, but likening a loosly organized group of protesters (not agitators who come to the state to stir up trouble, but protesters who see something they feel needs to be protested) to the police to whom we intrust our lives is just about the dumbest comparison you can make.

Um..I understand race pretty well. I think most people are tired of the entire event and system.
JJC

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2016, 10:33:34 PM »

Cross-posted from another thread.

"Why is it when there's ever a shooting or a bombing,  people say Trump will win."

1) People want stability, and Trump looks like the 'law and order' candidate.

2) White Americans are getting really tired of being blamed or having their entire country being indicted every time some young criminal idiot puts himself in a situation where violent escalation with the police is inevitable. 'Wait, you're telling me a guy who resisted arrest and repeatedly punched a cop in the face while reaching for his gun got shot?!'

Surprising. I know.

Among young black youths, the 'thug life' is glorified and hatred against the police is encouraged (listen to the music). Unsurprisingly, such an outview on life leads to a much higher rate of criminality (to put it mildly).

Michael Brown didn't rob a store and attack a police officer because he was 'oppressed'. He did it because, you know, that's the kind of things aspiring thugs do. (You want your street cred right?).

But we're supposed to pretend like it's whiteys fault. And as I said, people are growing tired of it.

They're also growing tired of stores being burned and looted.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2016, 10:39:41 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Stop shooting unharmed people and chances are you won't be blamed.
JJC

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2016, 10:40:07 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2016, 10:45:44 PM by JJC »

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if this was true, but it might also have the effect of galvanizing turnout among North Carolina's African American community when they see Trump, whom nearly all hold in contempt, come out in support of a local police force that kills and a legal system that systematically targets communities of color.

What a BS lie. Black high crime rates is due to a cultural problem among blacks - IE the glorification of the 'thug life'.

No one forces blacks to commit crimes. And you can't point to me one example of how our system 'targets blacks'.

And blacks being arrested more than other ethnic groups is not proof of anything except that blacks commit crimes at a higher rate. Why is that? As I said, cultural.

I mean what's you're solution here? That the police start ignoring black people who commit crimes? Do you believe that white people who steal, rob, murder, attack police get ignored?

They don't. They just do these things at a much lower rate.

Again, cultural.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2016, 10:41:38 PM »

These riots won't help Democrats, because they'll be blamed for "inciting" tensions. White suburbanites turn out for Trump, and some of them switch from Clinton to Trump, blame the riots. Yes, it's blunt, but those voters care a lot more about their safety than social issues in my opinion.

Shut up.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2016, 10:41:44 PM »

Could we get someone who's actually African-American in here to shut these fools up? Echo chamber arguments are pointless.
JJC

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2016, 10:44:37 PM »

I never shot an unarmed person.

But I'm still being blamed for it. That's the point.

And if someone is attacking me and I feel like my life is threatened, I WILL shoot.

I value my life. I won't let a thug take it. And no, I don't give a whistle about their skin pigmentation.
JJC

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2016, 10:47:41 PM »

These riots won't help Democrats, because they'll be blamed for "inciting" tensions. White suburbanites turn out for Trump, and some of them switch from Clinton to Trump, blame the riots. Yes, it's blunt, but those voters care a lot more about their safety than social issues in my opinion.

Shut up.

The epitome of liberalism.

When you have no bases to support your absurd claims. Just yell shut up.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2016, 10:49:59 PM »

Shut up.

The epitome of liberalism.

When you have no bases to support your absurd claims. Just yell shut up.

Exactly. I'm not a Republican, or a Democrat, but I'm proud to be a Independent. Liberals like him only make liberalism look more foolish.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2016, 10:51:00 PM »

Shut up.

Don't tell me to shut up. I won't do it to you. Look at the chaos tonight. Both sides-the police and BLM needs to cool it.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2016, 10:52:00 PM »

But I'm still being blamed for it. That's the point.

And if someone is attacking me and I feel like my life is threatened, I WILL shoot.

I value my life. I won't let a thug take it. And no, I don't give a whistle about their skin pigmentation.

Who has blamed you?

At worst, white people have been ridicule for being tone deaf about America's race problem. But the majority of the criticism has been aimed at cops, and that crosses racial lines.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2016, 10:53:05 PM »

But I'm still being blames. That's the point.

No, just their "thug culture," right? What a deplorable line of argumentation. So many of them are jailed for near-life sentences for non-violent crimes, while young White males are getting away nearly scot-free for dumpster and baby rapes.

We have many many VIDEO EVIDENCE of completely surrendered Black men being shot to death, suffocated to death, or even beaten to death sometimes point-blank.

This is all by overwhelmingly White cops who probably view them in the same way you do. Sure, there's a number of African-Americans engaged in crime, but you have audacity to elevate and generalize that to their entire way of living. Now, if cops, all over the US in multiple occasions over a short period of time kill non-resisting Black men and women, it's not a cop culture problem, right? It's "the thug culture" of the victims' fault.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2016, 10:56:18 PM »

It helps McCrory more than anyone else, he's declared a state of emergency called in National Guard, you know who law & order helps.. Look its never good to be on the side of rioters.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2016, 11:03:35 PM »

people should wait for reports to come out before protesting and should never riot...did we learn nothing from Ghandi about the power of peaceful disobedience? or to a greater degree, why do we forget about the love God wants us to spread as opposed to hatred and anger that hurts innocents....
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2016, 11:07:53 PM »

Swing voters may have a say. They're still around. How do you think a middle class family in Durham, N.C. feels tonight?

Hopefully making them think about the systematic racism in our society.

Black police officer shoots a black person = fault of the whiteys?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2016, 11:09:55 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2016, 11:11:47 PM by Jacobin American »

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if this was true, but it might also have the effect of galvanizing turnout among North Carolina's African American community when they see Trump, whom nearly all hold in contempt, come out in support of a local police force that kills and a legal system that systematically targets communities of color.

What a BS lie. Black high crime rates is due to a cultural problem among blacks - IE the glorification of the 'thug life'.

No one forces blacks to commit crimes. And you can't point to me one example of how our system 'targets blacks'.

And blacks being arrested more than other ethnic groups is not proof of anything except that blacks commit crimes at a higher rate. Why is that? As I said, cultural.

I mean what's you're solution here? That the police start ignoring black people who commit crimes? Do you believe that white people who steal, rob, murder, attack police get ignored?

Again, cultural.

I'm afraid the only one spouting BS here is you with your racially charged propaganda.

African Americans live in disproportionate poverty due to historical circumstances not of their choosing (slavery, segregation, institutionalized racism, social discrimination, etc). The American legal system has been discriminatory and oppressive to African Americans. All of these murders making the news today aren't new, we're only just now seeing it regularly thanks to widespread access to cameras and social media. Poverty has been proven consistently to be an intergenerational cycle that's hard to escape, especially when one adds the stigma of darker skin. Lower class areas, predominantly in minority communities, have been neglected in terms of lack of investment in public schools (from which privileged White people can flee to private schools), face systematic targeting, harassment, and surveillance by police (which only leads to further disintegration of communities and increased deviancy; read recent research on the sociology of labeling theory), rampant wealth inequality, perpetual exclusion from the illusionary "American Dream," and frustrated aspirations (which, when coupled with a culture that prioritizes material possessions and dehumanizes the poor, you get envy and deviancy), all of which leads, inevitably, to the flourishing of a counterculture wherein rebellion against the forces that continue to perpetuate your dehumanization, restrict your access to essential resources, and label you a dangerous deviant, becomes the norm.

Essentially, when you continue to delegitimize the grievances of a community, humiliate them, dehumanize them, defend the individuals and institutions that murder their brothers, sons, and fathers, and dismiss the legitimate anger stemming from a long history of ingrained inequality and racism that has allowed these problems to flourish, then how in the hell can you blame them for being angry?

Unless you are African American you have absolutely no right to decide how they should feel or to judge their culture. Maybe if you shut up and listened to these communities when they relate their experiences, instead of acting like a condescending know-it-all bigot who thinks s/he can diagnose what is or is not 'their problem,' then perhaps you'd have a legitimate and respectable position on this subject. Until then, either be quiet or keep making an ass out of yourself.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2016, 11:14:04 PM »

Again, cultural.

I'm afraid the only one spouting BS here is you with your racially charged propaganda.

African Americans live in disproportionate poverty due to historical circumstances not of their choosing (slavery, segregation, institutionalized racism, social discrimination, etc). The American legal system has been discriminatory and oppressive to African Americans. All of these murders making the news today aren't new, we're only just now seeing it regularly thanks to widespread access to cameras and social media. Poverty has been proven consistently to be an intergenerational cycle that's hard to escape, especially when one adds the stigma of darker skin. Lower class areas, predominantly in minority communities, have been neglected in terms of lack of investment in public schools (from which privileged White people can flee to private schools), face systematic targeting, harassment, and surveillance by police (which only leads to further disintegration of communities and increased deviancy; read recent research on the sociology of labeling theory), rampant wealth inequality, perpetual exclusion from the illusionary "American Dream," and frustrated aspirations (which, when coupled with a culture that prioritizes material possessions and dehumanizes the poor, you get envy and deviancy), all of which leads, inevitably, to the flourishing of a counterculture wherein rebellion against the forces that continue to perpetuate your dehumanization, restrict your access to essential resources, and label you a dangerous deviant, becomes the norm.

Essentially, when you continue to delegitimize the grievances of a community, humiliate them, dehumanize them, defend the individuals and institutions that murder their brothers, sons, and fathers, and dismiss the legitimate anger stemming from a long history of ingrained inequality and racism that has allowed these problems to flourish, then how in the hell can you blame them for being angry?

Unless you are African American you have absolutely no right to decide how they should feel or to judge their culture. Maybe if you shut up and listened to these communities when they relate their experiences, instead of acting like a condescending know-it-all bigot who thinks s/he can diagnose what is or is not 'their problem,' then perhaps you'd have a legitimate and respectable position on this subject. Until then, either be quiet or keep making an ass out of yourself.
Black folk shouldn't criticize white culture either.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2016, 11:15:49 PM »

Swing voters may have a say. They're still around. How do you think a middle class family in Durham, N.C. feels tonight?

Hopefully making them think about the systematic racism in our society.

Black police officer shoots a black person = fault of the whiteys?

You don't seem to understand that the core issue is police brutality and uneven treatment; namely, law enforcement's flippancy with taking the lives of young black men and women. At the core of it is racism, yes, but it isn't the two-dimensional form of racism that you and so many others seem to think ("black cop kills black male: no racism there!").

Institutional racism - such as what you find in police departments via racial profiling and a slew of other variables that ensure it's passed down from generation to generation - is just that: institutional. Black LEOs disproportionately target and escalate situations involving black suspects just as much as white LEOs do, and at the root of it is an institutional racism that teaches all LEOs to systematically target people of color as if they're dangerous cretins more so than whites.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2016, 11:23:18 PM »

John Lewis and Obama should go down there and defuse the situation.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2016, 11:23:46 PM »

Ds in a very precarious situation with whites in NC this does not help at all. Racial issues always hurt more than help with Ds in the South.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2016, 11:24:36 PM »

I have to agree the police are out of control with power hungry people. For example I was drive home one time on the way home from work in my old beat up car I use to have. Well my breaks went out and I had to run off the road to avoid hitting another car. So I call a friend to come help me, and I was waiting in my car for him to come. A cop drove by and saw me, so he stop. He asked  me what happened. I told him what happened and how my brakes went out and I have to swerve off the road to avoid hitting another car. Well the police officer told me my pupils were dilated  so I obviously was on some drugs so he asked if he can check search my car. I told him he could because I had nothing to hide because I do not do drugs. While he was searching my car another cop pulled up and got out of The car I came up to me and told me my pupils were too small so I must be on some drugs. So these two cops made me walk the line and do all the test they do on  someone who was under the influence. I was very embarrassed because I've never done drugs in my whole entire life. But these two idiot cops what power-hungry and wanted to manhandle  someone to share their power. So I can completely understand all these people being upset over the cops brutality. But what I do not understand is how that justifies them going around destroying property of other people and looting.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2016, 11:25:48 PM »

Again, cultural.

Black folk shouldn't criticize white culture either.

To say this is to assume that African Americans and their culture share equality in this nation with Whites and their culture. This is not, nor has it ever been, true. One has experienced systematic exploitation, discrimination, racism, hostility, and violence on a massive scale that has embedded itself in nearly every aspect of our society, from media depictions to the judicial system. The other has been the perpetrator of this systematic and societal discrimination that, within the lifetime of millions of African Americans, manifested itself in lynchings, legally enforced segregation of public facilities, and active disenfranchisement on the basis of one's skin color.  Only one group alone in this nation (Whites) is privileged, has built this system of racism, and reacts with hostility whenever they feel that the groups they've kept under their heel for centuries might speak out against their dehumanization. That you believe Whites are not inherently priveleged in this country would be laughable if it wasn't so serious.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2016, 11:26:32 PM »

Hillary winning NC was always quite a pipe dream from the Democrats.

Trump is heavily favoured there.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2016, 11:26:51 PM »

Ds in a very precarious situation with whites in NC this does not help at all. Racial issues always hurt more than help with Ds in the South.

^This
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies