Pre-debate speculation, prep reports, etc megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:36:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Pre-debate speculation, prep reports, etc megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Pre-debate speculation, prep reports, etc megathread  (Read 3247 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2016, 03:46:17 PM »

This is such a stupid move by Trump. He has nothing to gain out of this and it will only hurt him even more with women.
It helps him gain with men, all gender politics is a trade off, he was never going to win women but overwhelming her amongst men is very doable

How does it help him gain with men? The type of men who think this will be funny/intimidating or whatever are already proudly supporting Trump.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2016, 03:48:47 PM »

This is such a stupid move by Trump. He has nothing to gain out of this and it will only hurt him even more with women.

Not at all. I actually wrote a post in this forum, arguing that Trump should do this. It's great because now people are googling Gennifer Flowers to see who she is (especially young voters), and they are reminded of how sick, perverse, and demented the Clintons are.

He cheated. That's hardly what most Americans would consider "sick, perverse and demented."

How tasteful to see the ol' "blame the wife for her husband's cheating" crap come back around, from a major party presidential nominee no doubt. I'm sure that'll work wonders for him with women. Especially married women.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2016, 03:49:02 PM »

Disagree 1000%. Even liberal CNN and MSNBC will have to tell millennials who Gennifer Flowers is. I'd seat Juanita Brodderick right next to Gennifer if I were Trump, so we can talk about Bill's little rapey rape.

They'll tell folks that Bill cheated on Hillary. It will only bring sympathy to Hillary. Just like it did in the late 90's when her favorables were sky high. Really dumb move.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2016, 03:49:26 PM »

Disagree 1000%. Even liberal CNN and MSNBC will have to tell millennials who Gennifer Flowers is. I'd seat Juanita Brodderick right next to Gennifer if I were Trump, so we can talk about Bill's little rapey rape.

Juanita Broaddrick's rape is Bill's worst crime, and it was absolutely terrible.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2016, 03:49:56 PM »

This is like the Deplorables thing. It feels good to do it but most people will be "wtf?".

Not at all. I actually wrote a post in this forum, arguing that Trump should do this. It's great because now people are googling Gennifer Flowers to see who she is (especially young voters), and they are reminded of how sick, perverse, and demented the Clintons are.

He cheated. That's hardly what most Americans would consider "sick, perverse and demented."

How tasteful to see the ol' "blame the wife for her husband's cheating" crap come back around, from a major party presidential nominee no doubt. I'm sure that'll work wonders for him with women. Especially married women.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2016, 03:50:41 PM »

Love the men on this forum who think this will help Trump.  None of you have ever been with a woman have you.  Makes sense since you seem to have such an amazing view on women.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2016, 03:51:30 PM »

Lol.  Monica Lewinsky, Gennifer Flowers, and Juanita Broaddrick, should be Trump's 3 honored front row guests. That would be EPIC. Hillary enabled her husband's rape and abuse of women for decades because of her insatiable lust for power.

People will feel pity towards Hillary, just like they did in the 90's, which will increase her favorables. I don't know why people think that bringing up Bill's extramarital issues will do anything but help Hillary, because that's all that its done.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2016, 03:51:52 PM »

Love the men on this forum who think this will help Trump.  None of you have ever been with a woman have you.  Makes sense since you seem to have such an amazing view on women.

This is Atlas...
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2016, 03:52:17 PM »

Yeah, this is dumb.

Outside of her term as SOS, Hillary's highest favorabilities were during her husbands sex scandals. This is just another example of right wingers living in an alternate reality, to them this is a great move......to everyone else it just gross.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2016, 03:53:35 PM »

This is Atlas...
True, it was a stretch to think many of the conservative men would understand how dumb this was.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2016, 03:57:28 PM »

Its Atlas. Its Saturday Night. When you are a poly sci major, you are either blazing it up at ATO, getting sh**tfaced at SAE, or on Atlas.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2016, 04:03:15 PM »

RATINGS CHANGE

NH: LIKELY CLINTON >>> SAFEST STATE IN THE UNION CLINTON
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2016, 04:03:37 PM »

What was the actual problem with Gennifer Flowers?  There weren't even any rape allegations involved in that story, she was just a model who had sex with Bill and then cashed in on the story.  The only real controversy was that some Clinton aides made a half-assed attempt to claim she was making it up... but then Clinton confessed that she was telling the truth and that was basically the end of it.

Everybody knows Bill is a guy who sleeps around.  It's not some dirty little secret.  Among many millennials this kind of behavior isn't even considered wrong as unorthodox relationships are becoming more of a thing.

HillOfANight
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2016, 08:32:34 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/09/24/fahrenkopf-mark-cuban-will-not-sit-in-front-row-of-debate.cnn

Regardless if she comes or not, the commission won't let Cuban sit in the front row to distract him, so I doubt Gennifer would be either.
Hilldog
Rookie
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2016, 08:34:04 PM »

If Mark Cuban is allowed to sit up front at the debates, then should Monica Lewinsky be allowed to sit up front at the debates too?  I'm sure we'll see partisanship here, but it's only fair.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2016, 10:00:40 PM »

If Mark Cuban is allowed to sit up front at the debates, then should Monica Lewinsky be allowed to sit up front at the debates too?  I'm sure we'll see partisanship here, but it's only fair.

I wasn't aware that Mark Cuban fucked Melania Trump.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2016, 11:49:04 PM »

What do you even define as 'fair'? Because his word has been twisted beyond recognition the past year by Trump. Anything that remotely offends or challenges him is now "unfair."

Basically, Trump (and I guess you?) is equating a guy who on occasion has challenged and belittled him to the woman who Hillary's husband cheated on her with and then went and cashed in on the whole thing. That's shameful. If Trump wants to 'strike back', pick someone who has belittled and challenged her, which is what, basically every outspoken Republican? Put Ted Cruz up there. Dragging out an opportunistic former mistress is incredibly distasteful and offensive.

Trump has no sense of proportionate response. You flick a booger at him, and he calls in an airstrike on you. The thin skin of this man is out of this world.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2016, 12:09:54 AM »

"Inappropriate" to use Bill's past personal behavior to attack Hillary

62% All voters

57% Men
66% Women

80% Dem
58% Ind
44% Rep

https://twitter.com/williamjordann/status/779804996158255104

But by all means continue to think that this a smart move by the orange man.
Hilldog
Rookie
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2016, 12:15:46 AM »

What do you even define as 'fair'? Because his word has been twisted beyond recognition the past year by Trump. Anything that remotely offends or challenges him is now "unfair."

Basically, Trump (and I guess you?) is equating a guy who on occasion has challenged and belittled him to the woman who Hillary's husband cheated on her with and then went and cashed in on the whole thing. That's shameful. If Trump wants to 'strike back', pick someone who has belittled and challenged her, which is what, basically every outspoken Republican? Put Ted Cruz up there. Dragging out an opportunistic former mistress is incredibly distasteful and offensive.

Trump has no sense of proportionate response. You flick a booger at him, and he calls in an airstrike on you. The thin skin of this man is out of this world.

This is about what I'd expect as a response from someone defending their party's candidate.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2016, 12:24:09 AM »

Can't wait for Hillary to jump down from the debate podium and start attacking Gennifer Flowers and wrestling with her on the floor ...
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2016, 02:18:53 AM »

What are the odds that Gennifer Flowers has been instructed by Team Trump to make some sort of outrageous outburst during the [live] debate?  Like just shout "BILL CLINTON RAPED ME!" and cause a scene as she's dragged out by security.  Trump can just shake his head and say, what a shame, what a shame, I don't want this people but the truth will come out.  The story will DOMINATE the headlines, completely scrub any Trump loss, and all anyone will be talking about for the next week will be "did Bill rape her?"

I guess I probably shouldn't give him ideas.  Remember Hillary is still going to have to deal with a Russian "leak" of forged e-mails in mid-October.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2016, 12:12:23 PM »

This is about what I'd expect as a response from someone defending their party's candidate.

I'd say the same thing for you: Make post validating candidate's stupidly shameful response, then respond to criticism by ignoring points made and labeling partisan.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2016, 12:14:39 PM »

I might be voting for Trump but I'm going to defend his ridiculous and ignorant comments and decisions. Flowers being invited was a stupid move and it will not help him.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2016, 12:44:58 PM »

Couple of tidbits...

1. For the final mock debates Clinton chose former asst. Sec of State Philippe Reines. 
Some quotes about him...
You must be logged in to read this quote.

2. Gennifer Flowers not invited
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2016, 12:51:19 PM »

It helps him gain with men, all gender politics is a trade off, he was never going to win women but overwhelming her amongst men is very doable
What man is going to be persuaded by this? Anyone sexist enough to see Flowers as a negative reflection on Hillary is already voting for Trump, let's be honest here
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies