Question to self described "pro-life" posters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:54:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Question to self described "pro-life" posters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Option 1

Option 2

Not "pro-life"

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 67

Author Topic: Question to self described "pro-life" posters  (Read 2491 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: September 23, 2016, 11:46:56 AM »
« edited: September 23, 2016, 12:06:23 PM by Santander »

On one hand, there is an ancient right to self-defense, even when the attacker is not culpable. Personhood is a metaphysical concept, and there are a range of views on fetal personhood within even conservative branches of Judaism and Christianity. I am inclined to believe that abortion is not murder because the fetus is not an independent entity from its mother, meaning that we can justify trying to balance between the woman's rights to life and self-defense and the rights of the unborn.

On the other hand, life is really about souls rather than bodies. If you believe that all human souls are tainted by original sin, it is justified to oppose all abortion, because it is preferable for the baptized mother to meet her creator than it is to abort the fetus and condemn the unbaptized unborn to eternal damnation. This is something that I find hard to ignore, and I could see myself ending up on this side of the issue one day.

I lean towards the first option right now, but I respect both sides and would support any measure that reduces the number of abortions, regardless of whose idea it is or its constitutionality.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies