Ted Cruz to announce who he's voting for, likely Trump (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:29:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Ted Cruz to announce who he's voting for, likely Trump (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ted Cruz to announce who he's voting for, likely Trump  (Read 2728 times)
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 23, 2016, 05:58:07 PM »

Well, I find myself in a strange place. Santorum then Cruz for me. Now I'll be leaving Cruz like I wasn't with him in December. #NeverTrump.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 07:12:40 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Honestly, as a former Cruz supporter, this timing only makes sense because he's reading the tea leaves and seeing a Trump win.

I'm not sure what he's seeing that I'm not seeing.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 12:10:25 AM »

This is a miscalculation. After Trump loses in September, all the Trumptanic supporters will have no say in anything.

If the singleminded goal of all the Trumpets is to try to destroy Cruz - Cruz will win in Texas as an incumbent sitting senator.

This... demoralizes folks like me who should be Cruz's base. His solid core of volunteers who see him as 'just another politician'.

It's an unfortunate move. Whether it has consequences outside of 2016 remains to be seen. It might not, in the end.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 05:33:25 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2016, 05:37:29 PM by IDS Ex-Speaker Ben Kenobi »

That the Trump folks would seek to primary Cruz and not Cornyn is a miscalculation. I like Perry, and I like Cruz. I like Perry and Cruz a helluva lot more than I like Trump.

They will try to primary Cruz anyways, because they've done the math and they've realized that Cruz is in his 50s and Trump/Perry in their 70s. They've realized that after this election, they aren't going to be able to stop Cruz.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 05:41:44 PM »

Cruz has done well by making the right enemies. Trump is the right enemy here. Cruz is younger and has a future. Rockefeller didn't have a future not because he fought against the party, but rather, that the party shifted away from him.

I find it intriguing that the same people that have fought Cruz relentlessly aren't going to just give up now that Cruz has endorsed Trump. They are going to hang it on Cruz's neck when Trump loses anyways. It's really a no-win situation. The only way to win is not to play. Cruz didn't have to endorse. Cruz could have gone and said, "I'm not endorsing anybody", let Trump crash and burn and then in November say, "I was right to oppose him".

THEN - you go over to all the ex-Trumpists and tell them that Trump is not the way.

Cruz has forgotten that his real enemy is the GOP establishment, not Trump's people. They can huff and puff, but in the end, Cruz has already beaten Perry straight up.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies