No Fortune 100 CEOs Back Republican Donald Trump (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:10:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  No Fortune 100 CEOs Back Republican Donald Trump (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: No Fortune 100 CEOs Back Republican Donald Trump  (Read 1594 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: September 23, 2016, 08:54:29 PM »
« edited: September 23, 2016, 08:56:31 PM by Ebowed »

This is really amazing.  Isn't the GOP supposed to be the party of big business?

It looks like the GOP is the party of big money rather than big business.  This means that the people duped into voting for Trump are perfectly content voting for yet another tax-evading millionaire who loves to fire people, as long as he manages to mask it with enough rhetoric about how terrible China is.

The Republicans aren't the working class party and that won't change with this election.  Whites love to overlook that many members of the working class are actually minorities.  Go figure!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 12:15:31 AM »

No it hasn't. No matter how you define "working class" that's just not empirically true.

I should've been more clear in what I was referring to and said the white working class, so my bad on that front. And no, Obama only got 36% from that group in 2012 and 40% in 2008.

So what did you 'break' to me then?  The entire point of my remark is that you would overlook that working class people are often minorities, and then you did.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies