Obama vetoes 9/11 bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:10:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama vetoes 9/11 bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama vetoes 9/11 bill  (Read 4171 times)
Anna Komnene
Siren

« on: September 24, 2016, 12:52:51 PM »

So people can spend lots of money on a costly legal battle only for Saudi Arabia to not pay up when the court rules against them.  Sounds like a good plan, definitely.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 02:42:16 PM »

So people can spend lots of money on a costly legal battle only for Saudi Arabia to not pay up when the court rules against them.  Sounds like a good plan, definitely.
If it means we'll cut back on our military aid to enforce it, I'll endorse.

...You know me well Mr. shua.  Though I can't say I'd be too confident that would actually happen.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 07:00:42 PM »

Apparently the Senate is planning to hold the override vote tomorrow.  I considered writing a letter to Gillibrand but probably way too late at this point.

Interesting to note that last week the Senate tabled a resolution to block arms sales to Saudi Arabia.  It seems that some Senators who feel very strongly that 9/11 families should be able to sue the Saudis for sponsoring terrorism have no problem with gleefully providing them with more weapons.  23 dems and 4 republicans supported the resolution.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 03:20:21 PM »

I know he's retiring, but it's kind of amazing that a vote could happen with the minority leader being the lone Nay vote.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 03:39:40 PM »

Interesting coalition of nay votes in the House... including people like Raul Grijalva, Jim Clyburn, and Maxine Waters from the Dems and Jason Chaffetz, Don Young, and Steve King from the Republicans.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 04:15:51 PM »

Interesting coalition of nay votes in the House... including people like Raul Grijalva, Jim Clyburn, and Maxine Waters from the Dems and Jason Chaffetz, Don Young, and Steve King from the Republicans.

Where can I find the roll call of the vote? My google fu is failing to find it

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2016/roll564.xml
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies