Senate Confirmation Hearing: dfwlibertylover for SoIA (withdrawn)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:03:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Confirmation Hearing: dfwlibertylover for SoIA (withdrawn)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Confirmation Hearing: dfwlibertylover for SoIA (withdrawn)  (Read 313 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 08, 2016, 11:19:28 PM »
« edited: October 10, 2016, 05:00:16 PM by Vice President Lumine »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

72 hours, as usual.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 06:49:47 AM »

Do you intent to hold both this office and your Senate Seat+PTT?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 08:04:34 AM »

I do, yes. I will have my reasoning on why and a full layout on why I believe I should be confirmed up later today.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 08:12:02 AM »

Greetings my esteemed colleagues. I address you today as both a Senator, PPT, and as the nominee for Secretary of Internal Affairs. I understand that this may seem a bit odd, holding essentially three offices at once. Many could argue that this is holding too much power at once, however, I ask that you allow my to lay out my case before considering how will you vote.
          Over the course of many past Presidencies, the role of Secretary of Internal Affairs has tended to be one which has been either inactive or has done little to make change. I would like to be a different kind of SoIA, I would react to the Game Moderator's posts and take it up with the President, I would put out press releases on what I intend to do to try and address the problems we have in Atlasia. For example, I would presently address the rising unemployment numbers across the nation, primarily attributed to regional inactivity, and put out a plan to combat unemployment across the nation. Friends, I have been an active politician during my tenure in Atlasia, be it as a Southern Delegate, as a Representative, and now as a Senator. I promise that I would be an active Secretary of Internal Affairs as well and that I can continue to juggle that role along with my role as Southern Class I Senator and as Senate PPT. If you have any more questions I will be more than happy to address them!
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 10:43:24 AM »

While I appreciate the drive for increased activity, I'm not comfortable with the idea of someone holding three offices at once (not to mention being a de facto party chair).  Unless the nominee signals his intention to resign from a position or two, I'm inclined to vote against confirmation.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 03:41:15 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean by "de-facto party chair", could you elaborate on that one?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 10:57:27 PM »

I am withdrawing my hat from the SoIA nomination/confirmation, "dropping out" persay, I can see that the will of the Senate is presently not to have me serve in multiple offices and I can respect that. I am enjoying serving as PPT and that is where I will stay. I ask Vice President Lumine to subsequently close this thread.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 04:59:51 PM »

Aye, this confirmation thread is closed.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies