Congratulations To President Donald J. Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:13:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Congratulations To President Donald J. Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Congratulations To President Donald J. Trump  (Read 3184 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2016, 08:58:16 PM »

I've been away trying to grapple with what just happened. I'll just say that Trump is going to be President, and we should accept that. It turns out he might have known the American electorate better than most people in the country. I am not going to harbor any ill will about this. It is a testament to the strength of our democracy that such a shocking result can be met with a likely peaceful transition of power.
Admiral Kizaru
Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -3.83

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2016, 09:01:49 PM »

I despise him, but congratulations.

Please PLEASE don't screw this country up.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2016, 09:02:13 PM »

I've been away trying to grapple with what just happened. I'll just say that Trump is going to be President, and we should accept that. It turns out he might have known the American electorate better than most people in the country. I am not going to harbor any ill will about this. It is a testament to the strength of our democracy that such a shocking result can be met with a likely peaceful transition of power.

Shocking? A common sense candidate's victory is anything but shocking.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2016, 09:04:01 PM »

Agreed. I, along with the entire political junkie establishment, took the polls as gospel, and assumed that even if they were off, it could never be enough to give Trump the presidency. We were wrong. But seriously, who even among the pro-Trump posters here saw him improving Romney's numbers among Hispanics? It's almost like we're in the matrix and there was a glitch in the system - only way I can figure that happened...
Desroko
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2016, 09:05:46 PM »

Agreed. I, along with the entire political junkie establishment, took the polls as gospel, and assumed that even if they were off, it could never be enough to give Trump the presidency. We were wrong. But seriously, who even among the pro-Trump posters here saw him improving Romney's numbers among Hispanics? It's almost like we're in the matrix and there was a glitch in the system - only way I can figure that happened...

Don't take exit poll results as gospel either. (In retrospect, maybe the one thing I was right about.) It's not a high-quality survey.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2016, 09:09:22 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2016, 10:13:42 PM by Erich Maria Remarque »

Trump should thank Democrats who choose candidates according to identity politics. Especially it applies to older Blacks. They voted for Clinton, well, because of her surname, lol.

None adequate person would argue that Bernie not just had the best policies for minority, but truly has been fighting for it all his life. Bitch just caught the "trend". She doesn't care about women, she doesn't care about minority, she doesn't care about the rules. She just wanted to be a president.  Smiley
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2016, 09:11:14 PM »

Forgive them Father, for they know not what they've done.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2016, 09:25:16 PM »

Congrats on your "Victory" President Elect Trump.

You ran on a Nixonian platform of "Law & Order", "Secret Plans to Win the War", Racist dog-whistles towards working-class White voters, and claimed you had the support of a "Silent Majority".

The realidad Mr. President Elect, is that you have created the very dystopian fictional universe that you created, and the result will be every time you and your Congressional Republican leadership try to ram through economic & war polices that hurt normal working Americans and send our sons, daughters, and grandchildren overseas on your elective wars, you will be met with massive resistance in the streets, and even many of your own supporters that voted for you thinking you are an isolationist and protector of the American manufacturing industry will turn on you so hard, that the unrest of the late 1960s/ early '70s will look like child's play compared to what is to come.

This is not a scenario that I relish, but the writing is already on the wall, and the Popular Movements  (movimientos populares) can and will take to the streets every step you take that drags America backwards, instead of moving our Great Nation forwards.

This is the reality that will happen in Trump's America, unless he dials it back and avoids overseas wars, raises the minimum wage and doesn't sellout to Corporate interests, and actually redistributes some money to the 'hood (Including my own in heavily working-class White Oregon).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM8Xb9dAol0
Lothal1
Rookie
United States

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2016, 09:26:05 PM »

We did it. MAGA.
skoods
United States

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2016, 09:40:45 PM »

Drumpf should thank Democrats who choose candidates according to identity politics. Especially it applies to older Blacks. They voted for Clinton, well, because of her surname, lol.

None adequate person would argue that Bernie not just had the best policies for minority, but truly has been fighting for it all his life. Bitch just feeled the "trend". She doesn't care about women, she doesn't care about minority, she doesn't care about the rules. She just wanted to be a president.  Smiley

Woah....the election is over you imbecile. Even if it weren't, that's highly despicable language.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2016, 10:14:43 PM »

Drumpf should thank Democrats who choose candidates according to identity politics. Especially it applies to older Blacks. They voted for Clinton, well, because of her surname, lol.

None adequate person would argue that Bernie not just had the best policies for minority, but truly has been fighting for it all his life. Bitch just caught the "trend". She doesn't care about women, she doesn't care about minority, she doesn't care about the rules. She just wanted to be a president.  Smiley

Woah....the election is over you imbecile. Even if it weren't, that's highly despicable language.

All elitists that think that a big part of Americans are deplorable should be droned immediately.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2016, 05:28:11 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Richard Rorty: "Achieving Our Country", 1998.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2016, 07:02:59 AM »

Congrats to Trump on such an astounding win.  What is amazing is he won breaking all the standard rules of politics. In the Chinese martial arts movies context,  he is the Drunken Master

Of US elections. He won by making it look like he is totally incompetent with no ground game, no real fundraising strategy, as well with random/irrational comments and moves.  But in the end he waged and won based on an asymmetrical warfare strategy.  He knew cannot match Clinton in the traditional campaign assets (money, organization etc etc) so he choose not to fight on those terms.  How Trump won will be studied for decades on how to wage asymmetrical warfare in the political context.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2016, 07:51:30 AM »

I despise him, but congratulations.

Please PLEASE don't screw this country up.
This. MAGA is a huge hoax of course, but at least we can sort of survive for four years, right?
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2016, 10:14:27 AM »

Well....4 years from now we all know the polls are worthless....ABC poll a week or two out from the election had Hillary +15.....LOL....many of these polling companies should be shut down.

They had Hillary winning FL, NC, MI, WI, PA

They had Trump winning NV & NH

They had OH basically a tossup maybe slight Trump. Trump won by close to 9%.

Polls are worthless.

Not to mention the democratic primary when all the polling averages had clinton up over TWENTY points on Sanders and she LOST the next day by 1-2%.

That's what I learned from this election.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies