CNN/ORC: CO: Trump +1 PA: Clinton +1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:01:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  CNN/ORC: CO: Trump +1 PA: Clinton +1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: CNN/ORC: CO: Trump +1 PA: Clinton +1  (Read 6428 times)
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2016, 06:58:05 AM »

This is great news. Can't wait for the debate.
Dumbo
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2016, 06:59:02 AM »

So many terrible polls for Clinton during the last day or so.

Charlotte ?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2016, 07:21:40 AM »

Wuff...

God help Hillary tonight.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2016, 07:29:14 AM »

Absolutely horrid.

Send Bernie to CO and send Bill to PA.

Send Barry to both of them.

They have absolutely nothing planned in Colorado over the next week and there is no word yet of them going back on the air. Biden and Michelle Obama both have events this week in Pennsylvania (Joe in Philly, Michelle in Philly and Pittsburgh).

The problem is that PA is the closest swing state that allows short hops from DC.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2016, 07:35:02 AM »

Lol Toomey is running behind Trump by 2 points!
Gabagool102
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2016, 07:49:34 AM »

but..but Hillary landslide, how could anyone vote for that racist, misogynistic orange faced fascist and also I hate white people but Trump is racist. 
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2016, 07:53:33 AM »

but..but Hillary landslide, how could anyone vote for that racist, misogynistic orange faced fascist and also I hate white people but Trump is racist. 

Wow. Congrats for reinforcing correct views about your candidate and why he appeal to people like you in a single idiotic sentence.
Gabagool102
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2016, 07:58:41 AM »

Wow. Congrats for reinforcing correct views about your candidate and why he appeal to people like you in a single idiotic sentence.

Wow, its like you can't detect sarcasm. When you finally beat the emu's come back to me.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2016, 08:01:52 AM »

Wow, its like you can't detect sarcasm. When you finally beat the emu's come back to me.

Oh I can, you just didn't do it well.

Nor do you do cultural insults well. Oh just so I'm clear as to what I'm supposed to be doing, beat the Emu's what? 
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2016, 08:09:30 AM »

Nor do you do cultural insults well. Oh just so I'm clear as to what I'm supposed to be doing, beat the Emu's what? 

Emu lives matter more.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2016, 08:15:31 AM »

Emu lives matter more.

Never forget the Emu Wars...

But back to the main points, Clinton should really start mobilizing again in Pennsylvania and Colorado, she can't afford to lose both. Bernie, Kaine and Biden should really be out there campaigning.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2016, 08:22:48 AM »

I wonder what is causing this latest Trump surge?
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2016, 08:27:02 AM »

I wonder what is causing this latest Trump surge?
It could be the attacks in New York or the riots in Charlotte
JJC

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2016, 08:47:56 AM »

Wow!!
JJC

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2016, 08:50:07 AM »

Clinton is legitimately in trouble. With both PA and CO in a dead heat, her '272 blue wall' is cracking.

As I keep saying, watch the rust belt! (CO is a quasi rust belt state)
JJC

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2016, 08:55:17 AM »

So many terrible polls for Clinton during the last day or so.

Charlotte ?

Charlotte. NYC/NJ bombing. Machete attack in MN.

Also Trump simply being more discipline. (Republicans are coming home).
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2016, 09:12:00 AM »

In all likelihood, Clinton doesn't have anything scheduled in Colorado because her analytics team doesn't think it's all that competitive. I sound like a broken record right now but these results aren't compelling to me; ~43% of Colorado Whites have a Bachelor's degree or higher, there's been a massive influx of kush-smoking millennials to Denver, there's a very substantial Mexican-American community in Colorado etc. Pollsters also have a perennial problem estimating Colorado's voting behavior. They're always off in the Republican direction. There's every reason to believe that this problem has only gotten worse recently.

I can buy PA to a degree but there's no way that CO is going to be closer than PA unless Clinton wins in a blowout imo.
mark_twain
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2016, 09:17:45 AM »

We can tolerate racist idiots like you, but not when they are showing their true colors, like you just did...
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2016, 09:19:19 AM »

Yawn. Just the media narrative setting again, but of course all two of Trump's voters jump a poll with him still stuck in the low 40s like a dog jumps on a bone.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2016, 09:20:07 AM »

In all likelihood, Clinton doesn't have anything scheduled in Colorado because her analytics team doesn't think it's all that competitive. I sound like a broken record right now but these results aren't compelling to me; ~43% of Colorado Whites have a Bachelor's degree or higher, there's been a massive influx of kush-smoking millennials to Denver, there's a very substantial Mexican-American community in Colorado etc. Pollsters also have a perennial problem estimating Colorado's voting behavior. They're always off in the Republican direction. There's every reason to believe that this problem has only gotten worse recently.

This ignores the fact that the 2014 senate result was IDENTICAL to the RCP average.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2016, 09:23:30 AM »
« Edited: September 26, 2016, 09:27:03 AM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

This ignores the fact that the 2014 senate result was IDENTICAL to the RCP average.

Huh

I don't think you understand how this works son. Polling elsewhere was systematically biased in the Democratic direction. In this case, the fact that Colorado's 2014 senate result was identity to the RCP average is actually an indication that Colorado pollsters have a hard time obtaining representative samples. As a counter-example, Hickenlooper outperformed his polling figures by a bit over 2 percentage points.

IIRC, most people on Atlas commented on this in 2014. In retrospect, it's astonishing that Colorado was so close because the bottom fell out of the Democratic Party fell out everywhere else.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2016, 09:25:29 AM »

In this case, the fact that Colorado's 2014 senate result was identity to the RCP average is actually an indication that Colorado pollsters have a hard time obtaining representative samples.

Oh right, you subscribe to Nate Silver's belief in herding.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2016, 09:27:19 AM »

If Trump has a good debate he'll start leading on average here and in New Hampshire, and possibly Wisconsin, Michigan, Virginia, and Maine at large (which I don't see him winning, but he might lead polls there). Scary stuff.
nm825
Rookie

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2016, 09:33:16 AM »

Amazing news to wake up to! If Trump can hold serve in the debates, he's winning this election
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2016, 09:38:19 AM »

Just watch the debate, preferably among people who share your beliefs.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies