Hofstra University POTUS debate at 9pm ET **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:29:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hofstra University POTUS debate at 9pm ET **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hofstra University POTUS debate at 9pm ET **live commentary thread**  (Read 12672 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: September 26, 2016, 12:54:24 PM »

Anyone else throwing a debate party tonight?

I'm having 10 people over. There will be a decent mix of both Trump and Hillary supporters, so it should be an interesting night lol.

Are you providing boxing gloves or do they bring their own? Wink
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 02:22:18 PM »

Any other Clinton supporter nervous as fck about tonight? :/
I already made my noose.

No noose is good news.  (Well, somebody had to say it!)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 03:27:41 PM »

Leak: Question 1 is:
"Secretary Clinton, you recently were diagnosed with pneumonia and has to take a week off the trail after collapsing during a ceremony.  This came after repeated assertions from you and your staff that you were in perfect health.  Can the American people rely on you to tell the truth about something as critical as your health?"

I'm not sure how she answers it.

Is this really the first question, or are you f-ing with me?

Consider his username. Smiley
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 04:53:43 PM »

Leak: Question 1 is:
"Secretary Clinton, you recently were diagnosed with pneumonia and has to take a week off the trail after collapsing during a ceremony.  This came after repeated assertions from you and your staff that you were in perfect health.  Can the American people rely on you to tell the truth about something as critical as your health?"

I'm not sure how she answers it.

Very easy.

"Everybody can fall sick on occasion. I am no superhuman and no different from anybody else in thsi respect. It was an infection in my office that I caught. It is done and over with. I am generally in perfect health: that statement was true when it was made and is true today."

I thought she said it was not contagious.

I believe she said the doctor told her she was not contagious at the time she went to the memorial.  Pneumonia (depending on the variety) can be contagious at some times, not contagious at others.  (Been there myself; it's not fun.)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 06:29:51 PM »

I heard a pundit on CNN again say that Clinton is the most qualified candidate in our lifetime. This line always frustrates me. Hillary is clearly very qualified, but GHW Bush served during the pundit's lifetime. You might say HRC and GHWB are equivalent, but I don't see how one makes the case that she's clearly more qualified than Bush 41: congress, ambassador to the UN, envoy to China (before diplomatic ties), head of the CIA, and VP for 8 years.

I don't think it's really possible to quantify which one is more qualified; it's not like there's an entrance exam for the Presidency (maybe there should be!)  It would be more realistic to say that they were both highly qualified, and no other recent candidate is/was at the same level. 
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 08:32:14 PM »

Lester asks about the tax returns!!!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 08:36:53 PM »

Not watching right now (finishing homework and playing music in the background), but from what I gather Trump has been making a gaffe every 15 seconds tonight. Is this true?

Pretty close.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 08:59:59 PM »

So far, the winner of the debate is Lester Holt!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 09:20:45 PM »

Betfair/Predictit average has Clinton up over 5 points since the start of the debate: 68.3% +5.1% (https://electionbettingodds.com/).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies