"That's business" and "that's called being smart": Trump's gift to Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:55:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  "That's business" and "that's called being smart": Trump's gift to Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: "That's business" and "that's called being smart": Trump's gift to Clinton  (Read 2689 times)
ursulahx
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2016, 07:15:46 AM »

I mean, there are many things Donald Trump should never try to be. For instance, he should never try to become the soloist of the New York City Ballet.

Thanks for putting that image into my head...
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2016, 08:32:36 AM »

But remember, other NATO countries not paying their fair share is bigly bad.

But you don't understand, Trump doesn't pay taxes because he's bigly smart, but NATO countries should pull their weight because otherwise the American people are being taken advantage of. Same goes for where Trump makes his cloths and how he pays his workers and his affairs behind his wives backs.

(In all seriousness, that is an excellent point. Trump makes a lot of these statements and feels that they don't apply to him for some reason.)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2016, 08:37:20 AM »

But remember, other NATO countries not paying their fair share is bigly bad.

But you don't understand, Trump doesn't pay taxes because he's bigly smart, but NATO countries should pull their weight because otherwise the American people are being taken advantage of. Same goes for where Trump makes his cloths and how he pays his workers and his affairs behind his wives backs.

(In all seriousness, that is an excellent point. Trump makes a lot of these statements and feels that they don't apply to him for some reason.)

Because he's rich and the rules don't apply to them.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2016, 08:39:07 AM »

Sure it makes you smart when you avoid paying taxes on backs of the average-citizen. When this money is missing for schools, hospitals, veterans, the police, the infrastructure and national defense. But I forgot that Mr. Drumpf deeply cares on these things and make America great again. What a hoax. His whole campaign is a bad joke.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2016, 07:12:17 AM »

I actually do not agree it is necessary smart to pay no taxes.  The focus should be after tax return.  If one wanted to avoid taxes at all cost (which would be my own personal inclination) then just shift all your assets into Muni bonds.  But is that smart? Perhaps but perhaps not.  It depends on the marginal tax rate a person faces and what are the alternative returns on assets relative to what Muni bonds might return.  What I think Trump mean to say, which I would completely concur, is "It is smart to optimize after tax return" which frankly is what all households doing financial planning should be doing anyway, if they are smart.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2016, 09:52:30 AM »

jfc, that was Trump's best moment of the debate. The Clinton's don't really need to be releasing another highlight reel and call it an 'ad'

Waste of money!

I'm sure there are plenty of poor uneducated whites that like it. The ones who lost everything in the recession and think taxation is theft. Then they complain about how they can't afford a house since they're too expensive and how the roads/schools/social security needs more money and turn around and vote for Trump who promises to take it all away except for those who can afford it.

the thing is, MJ, no one who thinks that way would support Clinton--or frankly not vote for Trump--in a jillion years. totally agree with OP if De,ms are smart. Huge if, however.

I'll just repost this here for Shua's benefit.

If Clinton only has a chance at attracting those who insist on paying their maximum allowed amount in taxes, that goes a long way to explain why she's not doing so hot.

but she goes after voters furious the tax code permits folks like Trump to pay little or nothing in taxes, she's rolling in clover.

mr. "populist friend of the working man" finally revealed his true colors.

No, he revealed that when he said that stiffing people was "business".  Not paying more taxes than you have to is what the "working man" seeks to do also along with everyone else.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies