Tie Republicans to Donald Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:50:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Tie Republicans to Donald Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tie Republicans to Donald Trump  (Read 438 times)
Trapsy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 27, 2016, 06:52:39 PM »

I think it's time to tie Republicans to trump. the whole we will try to appeal to republicans by not linking them to trump has failed. Republicans hate her, why would they back her all of a sudden. They are hoping for Dems to destroy Trump in private but continue to back him in public. We already know they are gonna obstruct HC in the next four years, so f it and sink them with Trump while we chance even if it doesn't work at least we know we tried.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 07:11:05 PM »

This post has too many wes and thems in it to be comprehensible.  Who is the "them" you want to be "linked" to "trump"?  Who is the "they" who hope the Dems destroy Trump "in private"?  And why do you think tying "them" to Trump would work in a close race, anyway?  Trump's unfavorables are more or less on par with Clinton's at this point.
Trapsy

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 07:23:21 PM »

This post has too many wes and thems in it to be comprehensible.  Who is the "them" you want to be "linked" to "trump"?  Who is the "they" who hope the Dems destroy Trump "in private"?  And why do you think tying "them" to Trump would work in a close race, anyway?  Trump's unfavorables are more or less on par with Clinton's at this point.

My bad, "them" = Republicans politicians. I am speaking from a partisan position and my main point is that the appeal to republican voters isn't working. It's putting doubts into the minds of liberals who are already wary of Clinton. She is better served trying to appeal to democrat leaning voters than republican leaning ones.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 07:38:00 PM »

My bad, "them" = Republicans politicians. I am speaking from a partisan position and my main point is that the appeal to republican voters isn't working. It's putting doubts into the minds of liberals who are already wary of Clinton. She is better served trying to appeal to democrat leaning voters than republican leaning ones.

The problem is that a "tie Republican politicians to Trump" strategy isn't going to work in places where Trump is relatively popular, like Missouri, and isn't going to be particularly effective in places where Senators haven't endorsed Trump, like Illinois.  It could work in Illinois and parts of Pennsylvania, but might backfire in Downstate Illinois and in places like Luzerne County, Pennsylvania.  So, tying a congressional candidate to Trump in metro Philly might be a good idea, but tying a statewide candidate like Toomey to Trump could potentially backfire.  And statewide places where it would work, like California and New York, it will be completely irrelevant, as Democrats will win there, anyway.
Trapsy

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 07:57:20 PM »

The problem is that a "tie Republican politicians to Trump" strategy isn't going to work in places where Trump is relatively popular, like Missouri, and isn't going to be particularly effective in places where Senators haven't endorsed Trump, like Illinois.  It could work in Illinois and parts of Pennsylvania, but might backfire in Downstate Illinois and in places like Luzerne County, Pennsylvania.  So, tying a congressional candidate to Trump in metro Philly might be a good idea, but tying a statewide candidate like Toomey to Trump could potentially backfire.  And statewide places where it would work, like California and New York, it will be completely irrelevant, as Democrats will win there, anyway.

ah, very good points.
Kempros
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 10:43:02 PM »

I stand with Trump, tie me away.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 10:44:32 PM »

I don't think its satisfactory to do that - I think Republicans need to be tied to Trump's repugnance and Trump needs to be tied to the utter incompetence of Republican leadership to get anything done WITH A SOLID MAJORITY IN BOTH HOUSES.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies