Echelon Insights Post-Debate Poll: Clinton+5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:46:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Echelon Insights Post-Debate Poll: Clinton+5
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Echelon Insights Post-Debate Poll: Clinton+5  (Read 2634 times)
Ozymandias

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 28, 2016, 12:29:35 PM »
« edited: September 28, 2016, 01:24:13 PM by Ozymandias »

Will update with link when available, but for now a tweet via Patrick Ruffini (Republican #NeverTrump-er):

Echelon ‏@EchelonInsights  3m3 minutes ago
Echelon Insights *post-debate* poll 9/26-27

Clinton 47
Trump 42

Clinton 44
Trump 39
Johnson 6
Stein 2
McMullin 1

1,529 LVs (Internet)

EDITED: To reflect correction noted by HillOfANight below

And here are the links...

TOPLINES: http://echeloninsights.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/post_debate_survey_toplines.pdf

CROSSTABS: http://echeloninsights.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Final-tabs.pdf
HillOfANight
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 12:32:46 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/09/20/upshot/the-error-the-polling-world-rarely-talks-about.html

NYT's Upshot trusted Patrick/Echelon with their data. BTW, they just corrected the third party #s.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
F_S_USATN

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 12:36:16 PM »

Who won the debate?

RVs

Clinton 48
Trump 22

Watched entire debate (Clinton led this group by 10)

Clinton 58
Trump 26
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 12:38:20 PM »

Rip Johnson, gone and forgotten
F_S_USATN

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 12:39:21 PM »

Top issues of the debate:

Trump's taxes 38
ISIS 37
Trade deals 35
Immigration 30
Clinton email 28
Inner city crime 23

Clinton

More likely 41
Less likely 27

Trump

More likely 29
Less likely 29

Ozymandias

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 12:39:30 PM »

Echelon ‏@EchelonInsights  1m1 minute ago
More likely to vote for Clinton/Trump as a result of debate

Clinton

More likely 41
Less likely 27

Trump

More likely 29
Less likely 29
Absolution9
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 01:02:06 PM »

Have they polled the Clinton-Trump race before or is this their first?
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 01:04:46 PM »

Have they polled the Clinton-Trump race before or is this their first?

I read they did one in July and found Clinton +1.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 01:22:42 PM »

Wowie!  HIGHLY RESPECTED pollster confirms +4 booster fo' dat Hilldawg.
bilaps
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 01:24:33 PM »

Nonsense
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 01:26:28 PM »

Clinton up 5 at this stage? Trump is not quite done, but I can't imagine anything that he can do to win. Up 5 is bigger than the  3.86% margin by which Obama won in 2012. Four years ago I thought Barack Obama had about a 93% chance of winning re-election on the assumption that Colorado and Nevada together, Florida, Ohio, and Virginia were each 50-50 propositions.
elcorazon

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2016, 01:29:52 PM »

Clinton up 5 at this stage? Trump is not quite done, but I can't imagine anything that he can do to win. Up 5 is bigger than the  3.86% margin by which Obama won in 2012. Four years ago I thought Barack Obama had about a 93% chance of winning re-election on the assumption that Colorado and Nevada together, Florida, Ohio, and Virginia were each 50-50 propositions.
jeez. we don't even know if she's up 5 yet. Maybe wait for more polls, then wait for the next set of polls to confirm that any bump from the debate doesn't fade. Then wait at least until the next couple of debates. Voters can be fickle.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 01:41:54 PM »

Nonsense

I think the only nonsense in this race is Trumpy's rumblin' bumblin' rants.. 

GREAT POLL!
psychprofessor

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2016, 02:04:55 PM »

and this is a republican internet poll...imagine what the live, english/spanish polls are looking like right now
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2016, 02:25:36 PM »

and this is a republican internet poll...imagine what the live, english/spanish polls are looking like right now

It's never a sound idea to enumerate your poultry before it emerges. Wink
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2016, 02:30:46 PM »

Yeah, we've had two polls from non-gold standard pollsters. Lets pump our brakes...
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2016, 02:35:08 PM »

I want to see some solid state polls for Clinton before I start breathing regularly again. She was also having a few good national polls last week.
PollsDontLie
nirvanayoda
Rookie

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2016, 02:37:15 PM »

Yeah, we've had two polls from non-gold standard pollsters. Lets pump our brakes...

Three polls.  The third (Gravis) had Clinton losing ground.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2016, 02:39:32 PM »

Amazing Poll!!!! Hillary Domination!!!!
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2016, 02:57:36 PM »

I love the collective Big "O" from the red hacks on this board from a poll from an unproven source with zero track record this year and no basis to compare their results against.

This is a D+7 sample.

I wouldn't get too excited if I were you, red hacks. The other polls with the same assumptions/methodologies were in the D+5, D+6 range last week.

You are setting yourselves up for big disappointment if you think that debates, generally, and this debate, specifically, moved the needle very much.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2016, 03:00:33 PM »

I love the collective Big "O" from the red hacks on this board from a poll from an unproven source with zero track record this year and no basis to compare their results against.

This is a D+7 sample.

I wouldn't get too excited if I were you, red hacks. The other polls with the same assumptions/methodologies were in the D+5, D+6 range last week.

You are setting yourselves up for big disappointment if you think that debates, generally, and this debate, specifically, moved the needle very much.

I don't believe this poll, but D+7 sample is not a disqualifier. It's off maybe, what, one or two from what it was last election? Early voting seems to show there isn't much real change in that regard.
psychprofessor

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2016, 03:08:36 PM »

This is a D+7 sample.

partisan ID is not weighted...probably after the debate more people identified as D's because Donald sh** the bed. This will probably increase as he over-corrects in the second debate during the town hall and blames Hillary for Bill's infidelities.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2016, 03:57:52 PM »

This is a D+7 sample.

partisan ID is not weighted...probably after the debate more people identified as D's because Donald sh** the bed. This will probably increase as he over-corrects in the second debate during the town hall and blames Hillary for Bill's infidelities.
Missing the point.. as always... You can group these polls predictably by partisan ID.  Those in this range were getting figures in the D+5, D+6 range last week. It will end up being an unremarkable shift if this pattern continues.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2016, 03:59:11 PM »

This is a D+7 sample.

Missing the point.. as always... You can group these polls predictably by partisan ID.  Those in this range were getting figures in the D+5, D+6 range last week. It will end up being an unremarkable shift if this pattern continues.

What are you talking about? This is a data point Wink
psychprofessor

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2016, 04:24:00 PM »

This is a D+7 sample.

You don't group polls by partisan weight...missing the point as always. I'll send you a link to an article for how to interpret polls
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies