Echelon Insights Post-Debate Poll: Clinton+5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:44:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Echelon Insights Post-Debate Poll: Clinton+5
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Echelon Insights Post-Debate Poll: Clinton+5  (Read 2628 times)
Seriously?
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2016, 05:13:44 PM »
« edited: September 28, 2016, 05:24:16 PM by Seriously? »

I love the collective Big "O" from the red hacks on this board from a poll from an unproven source with zero track record this year and no basis to compare their results against.

This is a D+7 sample.

I wouldn't get too excited if I were you, red hacks. The other polls with the same assumptions/methodologies were in the D+5, D+6 range last week.

You are setting yourselves up for big disappointment if you think that debates, generally, and this debate, specifically, moved the needle very much.

partisan ID is not weighted...probably after the debate more people identified as D's because Donald sh** the bed. This will probably increase as he over-corrects in the second debate during the town hall and blames Hillary for Bill's infidelities.
Missing the point.. as always... You can group these polls predictably by partisan ID.  Those in this range were getting figures in the D+5, D+6 range last week. It will end up being an unremarkable shift if this pattern continues.

You don't group polls by partisan weight...missing the point as always. I'll send you a link to an article for how to interpret polls
Of course you don't. Everything is Hillary! so it's all good to you. Party with the NYT folks that love everything Hillary! and would NEVER engage in advocacy journalism. *coughs* regurgitating DNC talking points daily. *cough*

Look at the D+7, D+8 polls and tell me the result from last week. All of those polls were in the Hillary +6 range.

Alternatively, look at those that had the election at D+3 or D+4. They were basically in the tied range.

It's not rocket science to figure that out when 90% of Republicans are smart enough to vote for Trump and 90% of all Democrats are stupid enough to vote for Crooked Hillary. Undecideds are generally split, slightly favoring Trump in most polls.

It's basic math.

You got a D+7 poll here, with the typical D+7 special sauce that these pollsters use to reweigh, but not reweigh party ID (of course), so you ended up with a H+5 result. Not exactly shocking here.

And don't give me this BS that these pollsters aren't adjusting for Party ID. Some are, but use very tricky language in their methodology to pretend they are not. *coughs* Survey Monkey shilling for NBC *coughs*

*coughs* Marist admitting it. *coughs*

Others know to play with the other balancing numbers based on the 2012 election to get to the desired result.

Time will tell who is right methodologically.

But to my point Hillary leading by 5 with a D+7 sample is hardly shocking, earth shattering or indicative of any monumental shift toward Hillary!

It's one thing if you had a baseline for this poll to compare apples to apples. You don't. There's no recent prior history with this pollster. There's no 538 rating. Their only other poll was taken right after the RNC.

As such, you can't make any conclusions that there was a change to the electorate to show any real momentum either way.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2016, 05:24:42 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2016, 05:29:11 PM by heatcharger »

Of course you don't. Everything is Hillary! so it's all good to you. Party with the NYT folks that love everything Hillary! and would NEVER engage in advocacy journalism. *coughs* regurgitating DNC talking points daily. *cough*

Look at the D+7, D+8 polls and tell me the result from last week. All of those polls were in the Hillary +6 range.

Alternatively, look at those that had the election at D+3 or D+4. They were basically in the tied range.

It's not rocket science to figure that out when 90% of Republicans are smart enough to vote for Trump and 90% of all Democrats are stupid enough to vote for Crooked Hillary. Undecideds are generally split, slightly favoring Trump in most polls.

It's basic math.

You got a D+7 poll here, with the typical D+7 special sauce that these pollsters use to reweigh, but not reweigh party ID (of course), so you ended up with a H+5 result. Not exactly shocking here.

And don't give me this BS that these pollsters aren't adjusting for Party ID. Some are, but use very tricky language in their methodology to pretend they are not. *coughs* Survey Monkey shilling for NBC *coughs*

Others know to play with the other balancing numbers based on the 2012 election to get to the desired result.

But to my point Hillary leading by 5 with a D+7 sample is hardly shocking, earth shattering or indicative of any monumental shift toward Hillary!

It's one thing if you had a baseline for this poll to compare apples to apples. You don't. There's no prior history. So you can't make any conclusions that there was a change to the D/R/I split to show any real momentum either way.

Wow folks! Crooked Seriously? is very sick! Not only is he having a coughing fit, but he flip-flopped on his #AllDataPointsMatter stance. He does not have the mental and physical stamina to be a Trump surrogate!
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2016, 05:34:20 PM »

It's basic math.

It's one thing if you had a baseline for this poll to compare apples to apples. You don't. There's no prior history. So you can't make any conclusions that there was a change to the D/R/I split to show any real momentum either way.

Wow folks! Crooked Seriously? is very sick! Not only is he having a coughing fit, but he flip-flopped on his #AllDataPointsMatter stance. He does not have the mental and physical stamina to be a Trump surrogate!
I haven't flip-flopped on anything. My simple point is that you Democrats shouldn't be gleeful of a D+7 post-debate poll that is Crooked Hillary! +5. That's the result you were getting last week with similar polls in that range.

It's a number that I would expect based on a D+7 sample.

You have NOTHING to compare this poll to to discern any sort of bounce because you have no previous data with this pollster that's relevant for comparison. There aren't enough data points.

But full hack ahead!
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2016, 05:36:46 PM »

So D+7 sample and they find Clinton won the debate +32? But. . . but. . . muh online polls Sad
HillOfANight
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2016, 05:39:19 PM »

https://twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/status/781249627588669441?lang=en
They made it to 538

Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2016, 05:42:39 PM »

1500 Sample + No adjustment = golden. Hopefully this bounce lasts.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2016, 12:35:35 AM »

Top issues of the debate:

Trump's taxes 38
ISIS 37
Trade deals 35
Immigration 30
Clinton email 28
Inner city crime 23

Clinton

More likely 41
Less likely 27

Trump

More likely 29
Less likely 29

Just wanna note the typo here, it's 39% less likely to vote for Trump as result of debate. (and 40-29 for Clinton)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies