Atlas throwback : 1967 edition
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:22:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlas throwback : 1967 edition
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlas throwback : 1967 edition  (Read 1838 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 28, 2016, 01:34:42 PM »

Its December of 1967, who do you think will win the gop nomination and do you think any one of them could challenge LBJ in the election

I think George Romney will cruise to the GOP nomination and while LBJ right now looks like the favorite I think RFK primary and Vietnam will make this election a tossup come election day

I think whoever wins California wins the election. Due to this I think George Romney should choose Governor Ronald Reagan as his vp as not only he could take back California he could swing the deep south to Romney making Governor George Romney the next president. But I dont think Romney will choose Reagan as they are to different ideologically which will result in Cali going for LBJ and thus LBJ being reelected.

Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 10:52:37 PM »

LBJ's terrible. I'm glad I didn't support him in '64, although Goldwater still would've sent us to Vietnam.

I'm glad Gene McCarthy entered the race to challenge LBJ. I think more people will vote for him that some people on this pro-LBJ forum* are saying--me and most of my friends would vote for anyone against Johnson. McCarthy's not perfect, but any candidate who opposes this war is swell in my book.

Due to this I think George Romney should choose Governor Ronald Reagan as his vp

Whoa there, settle down, Reagan just became Governor this year! He has potential, I suppose, but let's take things slowly here!

*side note: this "internet" thing is far out! Getting to use internet in the 60s is the upside of being in a hypothetical dimension created solely to reflect a political forum from 49 years in the future--the downside, of course, is not actually being real Sad
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 10:55:31 PM »

LBJ's terrible. I'm glad I didn't support him in '64, although Goldwater still would've sent us to Vietnam.

I'm glad Gene McCarthy entered the race to challenge LBJ. I think more people will vote for him that some people on this pro-LBJ forum* are saying--me and most of my friends would vote for anyone against Johnson. McCarthy's not perfect, but any candidate who opposes this war is swell in my book.

Due to this I think George Romney should choose Governor Ronald Reagan as his vp

Whoa there, settle down, Reagan just became Governor this year! He has potential, I suppose, but let's take things slowly here!

*side note: this "internet" thing is far out! Getting to use internet in the 60s is the upside of being in a hypothetical dimension created solely to reflect a political forum from 49 years in the future--the downside, of course, is not actually being real Sad

Reagan is from cali so he could win cali an important swing state to Romney
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 11:44:58 PM »

lol Romney/Reagan. Rockefeller is going to win, it's his turn. Romney will probably give him a run for his money, but Rockefeller is going to take this and (sadly) beat LBJ come next November. I hope LBJ realizes he's in deep doo-doo and either pulls out now, or makes peace. This is getting ridiculous.

Also, Reagan won on a fluke in California. He has zero shot of being picked by any candidate. He's probably going to be a one-termer, and retire to senility in LA.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 08:05:58 PM »

wasps, LAST RODEO before reapportionment

No one can do it like Rockefeller can. As he roles out RED CARPET, PUMMEL lbj state by state, as Rockefeller wins BELLWEATHER: IL, Cali, NJ, MO;  reaffirming Conserva Wren (state bird of AZ), New England, Mtn West.

Oswald didn't do it, as forensic evidence points to John Connally did the crime of his former pres.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 09:11:56 PM »

wasps, LAST RODEO before reapportionment

No one can do it like Rockefeller can. As he roles out RED CARPET, PUMMEL lbj state by state, as Rockefeller wins BELLWEATHER: IL, Cali, NJ, MO;  reaffirming Conserva Wren (state bird of AZ), New England, Mtn West.

Oswald didn't do it, as forensic evidence points to John Connally did the crime of his former pres.

So will we be hearing about the 296 Freiwal...?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 12:22:11 AM »

I have heard rumors of a Former Vice President Richard Nixon coming back into presidential politics. Do any of you think that is plausible 
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 12:53:50 AM »

I have heard rumors of a Former Vice President Richard Nixon coming back into presidential politics. Do any of you think that is plausible 

lies. you can't kick ole' nixon 'round anymore!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 02:18:14 AM »

I'm probably a Dewey/Stevenson/Kennedy supporter who slightly prefers Goldwater. Eugene McCarthy, Robert Kennedy, and Nelson Rockefeller are my favorite three likely to run. Hubert Humphrey is pretty okay, too.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2016, 04:42:00 AM »

I really want RFK to run. I think McCarthy will just embarrass himself. He doesn't have the resources the Kennedys do.
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2016, 04:55:56 AM »

lol Romney/Reagan. Rockefeller is going to win, it's his turn. Romney will probably give him a run for his money, but Rockefeller is going to take this and (sadly) beat LBJ come next November. I hope LBJ realizes he's in deep doo-doo and either pulls out now, or makes peace. This is getting ridiculous.

Also, Reagan won on a fluke in California. He has zero shot of being picked by any candidate. He's probably going to be a one-termer, and retire to senility in LA.
This Reagen speculation will all be very silly when he's beat by Gregory Peck in 1970.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 11:10:57 PM »

LBJ is probably done for if he runs.  Good riddance.  I don't care who the GOP nominates as long as they win.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 07:06:44 AM »

Well, the New Hampshire primary for the Democrats was a surprise. Johnson 49% and McCarthy 42%

Somehow I don't think LBJ's as secure as everyone thought.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 05:23:47 PM »

Well, the New Hampshire primary for the Democrats was a surprise. Johnson 49% and McCarthy 42%

Man McCarthy may force this to a convention. If it goes to a convention he may force them to be selected as VP for LBJ  which would sink that ticket especially since Nixon would be the challenger. Democrats either need the West or South to win and Nixon would take both against that ticket
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 06:55:49 PM »

Man McCarthy may force this to a convention. If it goes to a convention he may force them to be selected as VP for LBJ  which would sink that ticket especially since Nixon would be the challenger. Democrats either need the West or South to win and Nixon would take both against that ticket

I heard RFK's planning to jump in now.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 04:06:35 AM »

Confirmed. RFK is throwing his hat into the ring.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2018, 06:21:58 PM »

Wow LBJ has just dropped out now this will really shake things up
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2018, 08:14:54 PM »

Humphrey will likely jump in as the establishment candidate.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2018, 08:53:55 PM »

If Hubert wins, Nixon will probably lose. Humphrey is a riding star in the Democratic party
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2018, 12:16:17 AM »

I agree but I dont think he beats Nixon because at this point it looks like The DNC will be contested and that means that Humphrey will have to name McCarthy his VP and that will sink the ticket.

This will likely be the map:

Nixon/Reagan 342
Humphrey/McCarthy 132
Wallace/LeMay 64
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2018, 12:35:20 AM »

How many have been brainwashed into supporting George Romney?
If things don't work out for RFK this time, he should be golden in 1972 or 1976.
Does anyone know why Tricky Dick was in Dallas that fateful day?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2018, 02:35:06 AM »

Confirmed: RFK is running
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2018, 03:19:04 AM »

well in my opinion hes the only one from the Dems who can win (The GOP once again chose the most unelectable candidate as their nominee: Rockefeller, Romney, and Reagan are  more electable than Nixon). Even so if it werent for RFK they still would have won even with Nixon running.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2018, 03:48:08 AM »

well in my opinion hes the only one from the Dems who can win (The GOP once again chose the most unelectable candidate as their nominee: Rockefeller, Romney, and Reagan are  more electable than Nixon). Even so if it werent for RFK they still would have won even with Nixon running.

Thing is, Kennedy and McCarthy will split the left wing vote in the primary states. Not to mention that the state bosses will back Humphrey.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2018, 03:57:13 AM »

well in my opinion hes the only one from the Dems who can win (The GOP once again chose the most unelectable candidate as their nominee: Rockefeller, Romney, and Reagan are  more electable than Nixon). Even so if it werent for RFK they still would have won even with Nixon running.

Thing is, Kennedy and McCarthy will split the left wing vote in the primary states. Not to mention that the state bosses will back Humphrey.

I dont think Humphrey can win though

Nixon/Romney , and Nixon/Reagan(With Romney as VP PA and MI , with Reagan CA) would lock up so many states(also for the fact Wallace is running 3rd party meaning the deep south goes third party while the upper south and Carolinas go GOP) . Also Humphrey being LBJ VP will hurt him big time.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies