Kasich Attacks Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 11:11:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kasich Attacks Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Kasich Attacks Trump  (Read 2282 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2016, 06:05:46 PM »

If he ever wants to run again, he just can't do that.

He might just endorse her openly. He had already pretty much destroyed his chances to be 2020 nominee.

I suspect that Kasich, and perhaps some others such as Jeb Bush, are sitting on the sidelines hoping that Trump is going to lose anyway.  But if the race looks tight in the final days, they may go ahead and endorse Clinton.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2016, 06:14:08 PM »

Good for him.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2016, 07:26:00 PM »

Kasich is very popular in Ohio at the moment, but even if he was not, we do not have recalls. Former Governor Bob Taft reached a low of 6% and remained in office.

I'm also not sure you would like the replacement. All living former Republican Governors of Ohio have come out as #NeverTrump, as did George Voinovich before his death.
tinman64

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.57

P P
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2016, 07:30:14 PM »

I would be so for Kasich over Clinton in the general.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2016, 07:43:35 PM »

True conservative John Kasich.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2016, 07:45:52 PM »

Kasich has been trying to save the GOP from itself from the beginning. They seem determined to fling the clown car off the cliff, Kasich just has enough sense to not hop in with them.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2016, 07:54:20 PM »

On a side note, it takes cojo.es to defend TPP in a heavily unionized and manufacturing state, such as Ohio. Both Trump and Clinton have pretty much gone opportunistic on this issue, hoping to capture those blue collar votes.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2016, 07:54:43 PM »

Kasich is very popular in Ohio at the moment, but even if he was not, we do not have recalls. Former Governor Bob Taft reached a low of 6% and remained in office.

I'm also not sure you would like the replacement. All living former Republican Governors of Ohio have come out as #NeverTrump, as did George Voinovich before his death.

My respect for the state of Ohio has just increased.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2016, 08:33:19 PM »

Kasich stands by his beliefs, and doesn't sacrifice them (and his credibility) by supporting someone simply because of party ID.  At least half of the GOP despises Trump, but back him anyway out of party loyalty.  Kasich is genuine; the rest are sellouts and hacks.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2016, 08:54:53 PM »

If he ever wants to run again, he just can't do that. Maybe he could endorse Webb, even Biden (but unlikely), but certainly not Hillary. The GOP is fighting (or should I say hating?) her for more than two decades.
I don't know why he'd want to run again. The GOP doesn't deserve a statesman like him. They deserve what they got.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2016, 09:14:23 PM »

If he ever wants to run again, he just can't do that. Maybe he could endorse Webb, even Biden (but unlikely), but certainly not Hillary. The GOP is fighting (or should I say hating?) her for more than two decades.
If Trump is THAT BAD, why can't he endorse Hillary?

If George Wallace had, somehow, become the Democratic nominee in 1972, their (A) would have been an instant 3rd party challenger on the left with national credibility and (B) liberal Democrats by the score would have endorsed Nixon.  Indeed, Democrats in 1968 were prepared to throw the Electoral College to Nixon, and Republicans were prepared to do the same for Humphrey, all to keep Wallace from being in a position where he could work a deal in the Electoral College or through the Electoral College in order to somehow gain undue leverage.

I've listened to Kasich carp and cry for months now; he's the biggest GOP crybaby this year.  If he doesn't want to get on the Trump Train because Trump is everything his most vitriolic critics say he is, they if he's the patriotic American he claims to be, he'll flat out vote for Clinton and tell the world he's doing so, and urge others to puke afterward, but do the dirty deed first and vote HRC.  That he's not doing THAT suggests that he's piqued at Trump for some policy consideration he disagrees with, or because he just doesn't like being trounced by a guy he didn't take seriously.  There is a good deal of wolf-crying in Kasich; it's a reason I tend to tune him out.
Kasich is no more a crybaby than Mr. "The Polls Will Be Rigged And I Just Know It Believe Me"
Maybe, but it's what he's crying about that is the topic of this thread.

Again:  If Trump is THAT BAD, why isn't Kasich "putting country before party" and endorsing Hillary Clinton in this "binary choice" election we're about to have.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2016, 11:10:52 PM »

Hoping Kasich runs next time, gets the nom, and beats Clinton. The future of the GOP is so cloudy right now I just can't be sure.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies