Kasich Attacks Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:55:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kasich Attacks Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Kasich Attacks Trump  (Read 2237 times)
PeteB
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 28, 2016, 03:43:16 PM »
« edited: September 28, 2016, 03:47:58 PM by PeteB »

In a (not so) veiled speech today Kasich attacked Trump publicly over NATO, Putin and trade policies:

"...“In this campaign, we hear about the fact that these institutions may be outdated. Let me tell you something: We run down NATO, we’re making a horrible mistake,” Kasich said......The governor also warned against anyone – ahem, Trump – “that would wink and nod” at Russian President Vladimir Putin about the future of the Ukraine..............Kasich also defended his trip to visit with President Barack Obama in Washington D.C. to promote the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade agreement.  Imagine if fledgling countries in Asia could find support from western countries like the United States instead of China, he said. Trump has vowed to kill the trade deal. Democratic presidential candidate Hilary Clinton had called the pact a "gold standard" in trade agreements. Now, she opposes it.......Kasich has refused to endorse Trump despite pledging to support the Republican presidential nominee....."

On a side note, I know politics makes strange bedfellows but am I the only one who finds that having Obama and Kasich on one side and Clinton and Trump on the other side of the TPP debate is kind of ironic.  

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/blogs/2016/09/28/kasich-us-crazy-retreat-world-under-trump/91228112/
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 03:45:35 PM »

What a FF.
swf541

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 03:46:32 PM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 03:46:40 PM »

Looks like he wants Hillary to win Ohio...

Wish he would be the nominee. Massive FF, Johnny.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 03:48:17 PM »

Let's hope he gives the OH GOP GOTV machine a stand down order on Election Day.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 03:50:51 PM »

I wish he'd endorse clinton...
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 03:52:38 PM »

If he ever wants to run again, he just can't do that. Maybe he could endorse Webb, even Biden (but unlikely), but certainly not Hillary. The GOP is fighting (or should I say hating?) her for more than two decades.
PresidentSamTilden

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 03:57:24 PM »

Yeah. He was asked about voting for Hillary at one point and he said something like "of course not", lol. But by attacking Trump consistently, I think it's pretty clear who he would rather have in the WH.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 04:00:00 PM »

He wouldn't do that (half of the Ohio GOP would rebel).  But just by his actions, he is certainly not hindering her (to put it as diplomatically as I can).

Now, if Hillary Clinton means what she says, she could publicly offer him the Secretary of State position, if she wins...practice what you preach (Stronger Together Smiley Smiley)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 04:06:09 PM »

If he consolidates the sane vote, he could eke out a winning plurality again Donald Trump Jr., Joe Arpaio, Pepe the Frog, Steve King, and Milo.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 04:08:16 PM »

I honestly have no freaking clue where the GOP goes if Trump loses.  Will Trump's backers become toxic, being responsible for nominating a guy who couldn't even defeat a deeply disliked Hillary Clinton in an anti-establishment year?  Will Trump's detractors become toxic for costing the GOP nominee the election?  Both?  Neither?

The GOP can block candidates from primary debates, but if they have to block three or more, those guys can just hold their own alternative debates.  And if they are leading in the polls, what's the GOP supposed to do about it?
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2016, 04:09:58 PM »

If he ever wants to run again, he just can't do that. Maybe he could endorse Webb, even Biden (but unlikely), but certainly not Hillary. The GOP is fighting (or should I say hating?) her for more than two decades.
If Trump is THAT BAD, why can't he endorse Hillary?

If George Wallace had, somehow, become the Democratic nominee in 1972, their (A) would have been an instant 3rd party challenger on the left with national credibility and (B) liberal Democrats by the score would have endorsed Nixon.  Indeed, Democrats in 1968 were prepared to throw the Electoral College to Nixon, and Republicans were prepared to do the same for Humphrey, all to keep Wallace from being in a position where he could work a deal in the Electoral College or through the Electoral College in order to somehow gain undue leverage.

I've listened to Kasich carp and cry for months now; he's the biggest GOP crybaby this year.  If he doesn't want to get on the Trump Train because Trump is everything his most vitriolic critics say he is, they if he's the patriotic American he claims to be, he'll flat out vote for Clinton and tell the world he's doing so, and urge others to puke afterward, but do the dirty deed first and vote HRC.  That he's not doing THAT suggests that he's piqued at Trump for some policy consideration he disagrees with, or because he just doesn't like being trounced by a guy he didn't take seriously.  There is a good deal of wolf-crying in Kasich; it's a reason I tend to tune him out.
psychprofessor

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 04:27:06 PM »

He won't be the nominee in 2020 anyway, so he might as well endorse Johnson if he is not voting for Trump.

The right wing will be apoplectic in 2020, foaming to defeat Hillary. The crazy will intensify and unfortunately, Kasich isn't crazy/racist/uninformed enough for the alt-right.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2016, 04:43:43 PM »

..... I've listened to Kasich carp and cry for months now; he's the biggest GOP crybaby this year.

Kasich is the "biggest crybaby" ? !
You must be joking.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2016, 04:56:20 PM »

So Kasich is done in 2020 for not endorsing Trump while Cruz is done in 2020 for endorsing him? What?
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2016, 04:57:49 PM »

If George Wallace had, somehow, become the Democratic nominee in 1972, their (A) would have been an instant 3rd party challenger on the left with national credibility and (B) liberal Democrats by the score would have endorsed Nixon.  Indeed, Democrats in 1968 were prepared to throw the Electoral College to Nixon, and Republicans were prepared to do the same for Humphrey, all to keep Wallace from being in a position where he could work a deal in the Electoral College or through the Electoral College in order to somehow gain undue leverage.

I've listened to Kasich carp and cry for months now; he's the biggest GOP crybaby this year.  If he doesn't want to get on the Trump Train because Trump is everything his most vitriolic critics say he is, they if he's the patriotic American he claims to be, he'll flat out vote for Clinton and tell the world he's doing so, and urge others to puke afterward, but do the dirty deed first and vote HRC.  That he's not doing THAT suggests that he's piqued at Trump for some policy consideration he disagrees with, or because he just doesn't like being trounced by a guy he didn't take seriously.  There is a good deal of wolf-crying in Kasich; it's a reason I tend to tune him out.
Kasich is no more a crybaby than Mr. "The Polls Will Be Rigged And I Just Know It Believe Me"
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2016, 05:00:21 PM »

Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2016, 05:01:50 PM »

Because for Republicans, Hillary is ultra-toxic. If Hillary was a moderate dem, things might be different, but she's not. She's very partisan. Just look at the first dem debate, she said that the enemy she is the most proud of making is the opposing political party. What's more, she got even more partisan over the last year to outflank Sanders. The only reason she had a bunch of I's and R's speaking at her convention is because she felt she had a chance at AZ/GA if she did so.

The only reason I'm endorsing Hillary is because her opponent is Trump. Of the rest of the republican field, the only other candidates who would have caused me the same level of anxiety where I'd want to vote for Hillary are Santorum, Cruz, Jindal, and Fiorina. While I wouldn't outright vote for Huckabee/Carson/Walker, I would feel secure enough about their ability to perform the job that I would feel comfortable voting for Johnson, even if I knew I was the deciding vote.

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2016, 05:03:30 PM »

So Kasich is done in 2020 for not endorsing Trump while Cruz is done in 2020 for endorsing him? What?

Meanwhile, Trump managed to win the nomination this time despite saying that the most recent Republican POTUS lied us into the Iraq War and should have been impeached.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2016, 05:18:34 PM »

For the record, Kasich is doing the honorable thing and standing up to crazy ideas from Trump. He doesn't have to (he could have blended into the woodwork until November) and he may pay a heavy price for it, but I do respect him for doing it on principle!
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2016, 05:28:37 PM »

I don't like Gov Kasich or Trump. This forum has such a bias toward kasich.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2016, 05:29:57 PM »

If he ever wants to run again, he just can't do that.

He might just endorse her openly. He had already pretty much destroyed his chances to be 2020 nominee.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2016, 05:43:53 PM »

He could have been the nominee...

Clinton really should be thankful to the stupidity of GOP primary voters. They have done more for here campaign than anyone else.

Hope he runs in 2020. Would be nice to vote for a major party nominee for once.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2016, 05:52:24 PM »

#RecallKasich

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2016, 05:56:20 PM »

This is no longer an issues of Republican vs. Democratic. Trump is dangerous and people from both parties need to call him out at every opportunity.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies